1996 Diablo SV / 1990 Diablo

TD42792TD42792 Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭✭✭
Surely the 1996 Diablo SV, built 6 years later, lighter, should be a better car than the 1990 Diablo!?

Comments

• JackyQuJackyQu Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    Surely the 1996 Diablo SV, built 6 years later, lighter, should be a better car than the 1990 Diablo!?

I believes all Lambos stats are provided directly from manufacturers 
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The '90 Diablo made ~485hp, while the SV made ~510hp.  
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    The '90 Diablo made ~485hp, while the SV made ~510hp.  
    Definitely something wrong here
    edited October 6
    By the way, on wiki it says they have the same weight but SV has more power.
    Looks like the standard 1990 diablo bhp is wrong and the weight for the SV is also wrong. According to wiki at least.

Actually both weights are different on wiki, they have both at 1,576 kg.
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noted for review
    Also, top speed of diablo sv seems wrong. At least according to this lambo fan web site:
    http://www.lambocars.com/diablo/diablo_sv_specifications.html

Should be 204mph, same top speed as standard diablo, according to this website again.
  • _HighVoltage__HighVoltage_ Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    edited October 9
    The 1990 Diablo does 0-60mph in 4.09 seconds (according to Lamborghini themselves) and it actually weighs 1533kg (not 1651kg as their owner's manual suggests).

The 1650kg weights is for the VT versions.
  • joel24joel24 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't want to create a separate thread for this, but when I asked support about this, they said to post it here. 
    This doesn't seem right tbh.
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Posts: 595 ✭✭✭✭
    joel24 said:
    I didn't want to create a separate thread for this, but when I asked support about this, they said to post it here. 
    This doesn't seem right tbh.
    Stock vs. upgraded. Like for like the newer car would win. Unless you're saying it should win by so much that even upgraded it's predecessor shouldn't catch it. They've got pretty similar power levels, 307 vs. 298 bhp/ton. 
  • joel24joel24 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭✭
    Yea I expected the murcialgo to win. The Diablo doesn't have TC either. The murcialgo had good ola. But the Diablo closed the gap very quickly.
  • 43MK443MK4 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I got this rq25 Diablo SV and no idea what to do with it for the current final.
    currently at 333 and thinking of maxing it (my best lambo), but it seems based on the forum that stats are incorrect?
    so how to max it and not mess it up???... not knowing what the car will be after the next update...
  • TJH8TJH8 Posts: 1
    As said before, 1993 SE should be faster than original 1990 Diablo. Its a special limited edition, with a  more power, and less weight. 1990 model, does a 1/4 mile, in 12.2 seconds(IRL). And 1993 model, in 11.9sec. Year should be also 1994, I think. 
  • bantel_catbantel_cat Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 4 Lambo Epics (No Ledge), 3 of which are the vanilla Diablo.
    Hutch if you nerf it I am personally going to travel to Hutch Towers and, well, errr, boo very loudly outside your window
    Hutch if you nerf it I am personally going to travel to Hutch Towers and, well, errr, boo very loudly outside your window
    I have 2 lambo epic, 2 diablo sv, if they dont nerf the standard older diablo compared to the upgraded newer sv version I will do the same
  • bantel_catbantel_cat Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    I have 2 lambo epic, 2 diablo sv, if they dont nerf the standard older diablo compared to the upgraded newer sv version I will do the same
    In that case, may I suggest that Hutch set a date and time for a Diablo grand declaration?
    They can broadcast their announcement from the roof of Hutch Towers, us peasants will be down below.
    One of us will be sobbing in the gutter whilst the other dances a happy jig around the dog **** on the pavement. The 'winner' can buy the other a pint to commiserate.
    TD42792 said:
    In that case, may I suggest that Hutch set a date and time for a Diablo grand declaration?
    They can broadcast their announcement from the roof of Hutch Towers, us peasants will be down below.
    One of us will be sobbing in the gutter whilst the other dances a happy jig around the dog **** on the pavement. The 'winner' can buy the other a pint to commiserate.
    If we are lucky they nerf the standard diablo and the sv, making the se the new best diablo, and then we can go together to the hutch office to complain loudly :)