Hotfix 10.0.2? When?

_HighVoltage__HighVoltage_ Posts: 238 ✭✭✭✭
@Hutch_Tim when can we expect a hotfix for the scrolling issue - if you have 50 cars in holding and you try to sell one in the middle, the game always scrolls back to the very front and you have to frantically scroll back to where you were before. This is a game-breaking bug introduced with PL10 that you guys acknowledged. Is there still no fix for it? Scrolling was working fine in PL9 so it can't be that hard to figure out.

I don't think you should be holding off to release a bigger patch with more bugs fixed. Unlike other small bugs, this one can't be put off as it makes the gameplay extremely annoying.

Comments

• MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Posted by Katie on October 17th:
    "I have news - the fix for this issue is currently awaiting testing, but has been done. As it's a client-side issue, it's going to be going out in an update to your devices. (I don't have a confirmed date for this though, I'll keep checking in with Robin on this)"

It's not the only "frustrating" bug that we got with PL10
  • _HighVoltage__HighVoltage_ Posts: 238 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update! I must have missed this.
  • Ivo_KamburovIvo_Kamburov Posts: 821 ✭✭✭✭
    What about the UI scaling on certain devices, where I for example now have a black bar on the left side since PL10? 
  • SluppermadnSluppermadn Posts: 51
    My phone is old, I'm using a Sony Experia Z2 I think.
    After latest update, it lags when I remove cars from my lineup. Pretty annoying.
    This fix really shouldn’t be taking this long. If it was truly “awaiting testing” almost two weeks ago, I would think it should be ready by now, no? 

What’s the hold up?
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This fix really shouldn’t be taking this long. If it was truly “awaiting testing” almost two weeks ago, I would think it should be ready by now, no? 

What’s the hold up?
    Internal policys
  • MSteeLMSteeL Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O__VER said:

What’s the hold up?
    Small team and low budget. Tim is actually currently jogging all the way to California with the Android and iOS updates on CDs tucked under his arm.
    I dont think they could afford the CD with these low CF sales these days... 
    MSteeL said:
    O__VER said:

What’s the hold up?
    Small team and low budget. Tim is actually currently jogging all the way to California with the Android and iOS updates on CDs tucked under his arm.
    I dont think they could afford the CD with these low CF sales these days... 
    Must be a Floppy disk then
    How is this still not resolved? 20 days since they announced they have a fix, but it's still not deployed? What gives here?
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is this still not resolved? 20 days since they announced they have a fix, but it's still not deployed? What gives here?
    Hotfix rolls out tonight. Fingers crossed this issue is fixed.
    The server-based fixed is not an update to the client (there won't be any download on our end) so I don't think this is part of this update.
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭✭✭
    California is a long, long way from London mate.
    Maybe they have to pay for updates and that's why we get them so rarely lol

AndreasSimmer said:
    The server-based fixed is not an update to the client (there won't be any download on our end) so I don't think this is part of this update.
    Just like you said, I checked it this morning. Both tedious bugs are still there...
    The way I understand it, this issue had a fix a month ago and just needed some testing. It has now been a month. What is the hold up? This was an easy fix, confirmed by Hutch too. They have the fix, just not releasing it. I'm so tired of scrolling endlessly through my holding pool.
  • hifichrishifichris Posts: 515 ✭✭✭
    The way I understand it, this issue had a fix a month ago and just needed some testing. It has now been a month. What is the hold up? This was an easy fix, confirmed by Hutch too. They have the fix, just not releasing it. I'm so tired of scrolling endlessly through my holding pool.
    Do they win something releasing it? No? Be quiet and go away...
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 811 ✭✭✭
    It will come with next big update for 99%. There will not be, very likely, any small bug fixes released in seperate updates. And its not gamebreaking, thats why its not rushed like it was with iOs13 when races were bugged.

edited November 2019
    Bumping this thread again. Can we get an update on this? @Hutch_Katie

You have the fix for it but it's still not done testing yet? It's insane how quickly the money bug was fixed but bugs like this and other dumb bugs like the upgrade bug take months to get fixed or never get fixed. It's shameful IMO
    I can repeat for you. There will not be released seperate update for that bug or any other bug/issue. Unless particular bug is game breaking.
    Everything will come with next planned game update, if that bug will be fixed in first place.

• Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did say it required a client side update. So it's probably being rolled into the next update. What I dont get is why they can't  release an incremental update if the fix is ready, which it must surely be by now. 
    Blue2moro said:
    They did say it required a client side update. So it's probably being rolled into the next update. What I dont get is why they can't  release an incremental update if the fix is ready, which it must surely be by now. 
    That is how hutch works. One bigger update every 3 months+. Not small tweak updates every week.
    edited November 2019
    Blue2moro said:
    Because Robin said in Discord that they won't waste any time on fixing just one bug and releasing it. He said bundling all the fixes in one update is more efficient. That's the whole reason.

To just Quote one sentence: "Updates take time to create. So the more updates you release, the fewer bugs get fixed overall"

Maybe it's more efficient but it surely is not customer friendly...
  • MoogMoog Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭
    My guess is that for a client side patch it means re-certification from the app stores which is a cost in terms of both financial and time. With the way TD works, having a client update mid-event isn't seamless either and causes disruption.
    Finally there are no doubt support overheads with new patches, I don't know the size of HutchSupport [tm], but a patch release may saturate the team.

I'm not saying they shouldn't be hot fixing things, but I'm guessing that by doing so comes at a price.
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think a monthly hotfix release should cause too much trouble. Having to live with annoying easy-to-fix bugs for months on the other hand...
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have other apps that issue updates on a much tighter timescale than Hutch.
  • hifichrishifichris Posts: 515 ✭✭✭
    All you said is the whole truth
    Negativy for a lot of reasons...
    @Hutch_Katie did this slip through the cracks? It has been more than 2 months since the fix for this rather simple issue was in testing? Why has it not been rolled out yet? What exactly is the hold up? Don't tell me you guys broke something and can't figure out how to fix it?

I can't think of any reasonable excuse why this wasn't fixed a long time ago (again - not a new function; simply fixing something PL10 broke). So what is the excuse? Small team? I thought it was resolved and in testing? That can't be it then.
    edited December 2019
    @Hutch_Katie did this slip through the cracks? It has been more than 2 months since the fix for this rather simple issue was in testing? Why has it not been rolled out yet? What exactly is the hold up? Don't tell me you guys broke something and can't figure out how to fix it?

I can't think of any reasonable excuse why this wasn't fixed a long time ago (again - not a new function; simply fixing something PL10 broke). So what is the excuse? Small team? I thought it was resolved and in testing? That can't be it then.
    I can tell you the hold up.
    They want to release bugfixes as packages. That's the whole reason. They propably have a fixe ready since 2 months ago but won't release it, because they dont want to "waste time" by releasing more updates than necessary.
    At least Robin stated this once on discord.

But hey, never forget that if prize boards get miraculously increased, we have a fix in 1 day.
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can tell you the hold up.
    They want to release bugfixes as packages. That's the whole reason. They propably have a fixe ready since 2 months ago but won't release it, because they dont want to "waste time" by releasing more updates than necessary.
    At least Robin stated this once on discord.

But hey, never forget that if prize boards get miraculously increased, we have a fix in 1 day.
    To be fair, the prizeboard fix was server-side, so it was probably an easier process. Still I don't understand why we can't get at least monthly hotfixes. There are way too many bugs to just sit and wait months for a major release, that fixes some bugs and introduces god knows how many new ones.