Ranking need to be fixed

13»

Comments

• AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 21
    I think this gets a bit too complicated , how do we know when the points change, how does it affect those saving up their tickets for a late races against someone who spams a bit while extra points still going?
    Current system with overfilling punishes all players and nerfs the prizeboards bigtime! 50% more people in an event is just way too many, players will loose their tiers without knowing what happened, after several days of playing. Imo this will lead to many lower tier player simply quitting, why play 3 days only to get knocked down by some new guys. Part of the fun is/was to know your competition hands, find ways to beat or defend them. Throw in the random gang of latejoiners, it takes away this aspect. Step backward again for the game.Screenshot below is from yesterday...

Close brackets two hours before eventend. Simple solution and would avoid previous mentioned problems.

Post edited by AndreasSimmer on
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this gets a bit too complicated Will, how do we know when the points change, how does it affect those saving up their tickets for a late races against someone who spams a bit while extra points still going?
    Current system with overfilling punishes all players and nerfs the prizeboards bigtime! 50% more people in an event is just way too many, players will loose their tiers without knowing what happened, after several days of playing. Imo this will lead to many lower tier player simply quitting, why play 3 days only to get knocked down by some new guys. Part of the fun is/was to know your competition hands, find ways to beat or defend them. Throw in the random gang of latejoiners, it takes away this aspect. Step backward again for the game.Screenshot below is from yesterday...

Yeah I know it may lead to new problems, that's why I wanted to discuss it. I still think it would be better than the current situation. Of course it's just a reaction to an originally bad idea, the overfilling brackets.
    Close brackets two hours before eventend. Simple solution and would avoid previous mentioned problems.

This is the direction they should have gone yes. But simply closing the brackets would still leave some lucky guys in newly created ones with only a few players in them. I'd say stop creating brackets a few hours before the end, and allow further entries until all open brackets are filled. Yeah you would not know when entry is no longer possible, but it would be the risk you either take or not by entering after the deadline.

• Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have the coding already in place from clubs. New brackets cease with 4 hours to go but players can still enter open brackets. Why can't that be applied to events?
  • RuvlaRuvla Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    The current system is fine, maybe a few more bonus points could also work, but only until the brackets start overfilling. After that remove the bonus points for active wins.
    as soon as scoring changes dynamically - players MUST be informed about that. So it means announcing overfilling time.

I still believe the problem is in scoring system, that does not benefit early joining. As an example, win bonus might be linear dependent on the time you have been in the event - the longer you are - the bigger bonus you give. 
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 21
    Late join penalty? Joining within the last X mins or X % of event time means you start with a negative points score. Would have to be maybe a couple hundred points. So if someone wants to spam they can (& earn hutch some gold ticket refreshes) but should dissuade the chancers looking for T2 with only 1 round of tickets spent.
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every suggestion in here seems more promising than what we have now. :)
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unpopular Opinion:
    I liked the new scoring system. The new scoring system finally gave non whales a realistic chance to compete and did balance your bad pull luck a bit (Which I suffer from).
    The only problem was the ticket spamming and that would be an easy fix by either limiting the tickets available for purchase or by increasing the price per tickets bought.
    I like the idea of limiting tickets as this could add a layer of strategy too.
    Increasing ticketprices wont change much, if someone altready spend 200$ on the 15x final CF it doesnt matter to spend another 50 on tickets
    Can we talk again about the not working latejoin fix and the nerf of prizes through overfilling brackets!?!?

bump because of spam