BMW M8 GTE Finals [EVENT]

Comments

• AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s laziness, complacency and greed basically. Come up with event criteria? Yeh that worked out well for the drivers suggested cup or whatever it was called. 🙄
    This. Such a joke to ask for event criteria, we all know and have experienced how ideas here simply get ignored. Dont try to act as you care Robin, the previous month has shown us pretty clear that you dont.

• Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Posts: 880 admin
    Mikethemeat said:

Driver Choice, Hot Hatch, Wild Ride and other decade's like 80s for the finals. IR finals/heavily dominated IR events are becoming extremely tedious. 
    Drivers' Choice, Hot Hatch are good options. 1980s has a few high end Italian cars, aren't you concerned that that may be IR dominated, too?
    TGPD said:
    Make something that wasn't used before, like 1980s hatchbacks?
    The only legendary would be a new Italian car. Wouldn't the same IR dominated criticism be levied again this?

There aren't 1980s Hatchback car groups and packs, so I would need another update before this would be appropriate. Another downside is with the non-prize car meta for this criteria, having 1 Legendary and 1 Epic. I expect a lot of criticism of a lack of variety. Unless I felt really strongly this was the best/only option, I would try to construct criteria with more top end variety.

80s
    2000s (but no drags)
    Between 2 and 4 litres
    Medium clearance 
    All surface
    1985-1994

And go ahead and repeat old criteria, just give them more time. Jag would be fine. 90s would be fine. Merc would be okay too. Just let some time pass.
    80s, 1985-1994 and 2000s may feature a lot of top end Italian cars, as they all have IR Legendary cars.

Novel criteria like engine size, ground clearance, engine config, car size all require code work to support. I am open to exploring these, but they can't be run in the short term.

All Surface looks viable. I like that.
     @Hutch_Robin surely you can appreciate how this looks from our point of view?
    The only thing that you could do to make it worse would be to have a wet event
    Noted. We do run big events built around new cars a lot, I know. I try to avoid wet asphalt when the only suitable cars (say, 4WD) are all Legendaries. Harder to do with drag races, but I understand the same issues can exist there.
    mauro07 said:
    Diesel
    Elettric
    with rq restriction, without rq restriction
    ban of prize car / only prize car event
    only epic
    only UR
    only SR
    only Rare
    there are a lot to choice and you do events where all the time is one car or one type of car is dominant!! (S maxed or Lambo S maxed)
    Audi Event
    McLaren Event (why not McLaren event?)
    Diesel CF packs are coming in the next update, making them usable in Tri Series.

Electric still doesn't have enough cars. I've been trying to get more added to Top Drives, but it's not a fast process. I think there are 2 in the next update... it's slow going. Once there are enough, I expect to use this.

I don't think the other ideas are particular viable for Tri Series Finals. Audi and McLaren have no cars below Super Rare and Epic respectively, so if an event required these cars, very few players would be able to enter. Not suitable for a Tri Series where we try and make sure lots of people enter so that more prize cars are awarded.
    RWare said:

Robin, come on now. I could list 200 criteria that hasn't been used as a Finals requirement, the repeat of 2010 Convertibles, (something that was used just 5 months ago) is nothing but yet another requirement where new IR cars are absolutely well above the rest of the old marques that would have been used in August. You know this, I know this. I don't think it's because of the rerun requirement which is causing frustration, only the never ending milk of IR.

To top it off, you have released, in quick succession, some of the best TD prize cars, all of which have needed IR/ITA cars to win.
    I think maybe the Cien and 3008 DKR are not top prize cars, but your point is taken. It was the GR and IR updates when I better at identifying the new categories that would have an interesting meta. Of course, it'd be nice to not run them all in a short period of time, but space them over a longer period of time. I don't need 200, but if you have a handful of traditional, viable Tri Series criteria that aren't dominated by IR, do suggest them. If they have a lot of liquidity and point to a slightly different event from a previous event, I'd want to use it.

I have to set up criteria/packs months before they're used, so they can be tested, localised and any appropriate art can be created, so the more I know in advance, the more I can add.
    Come up with event criteria? Yeh that worked out well for the drivers suggested cup or whatever it was called. 🙄
    The player suggested event was run on 8th November. Severe Understeer: 5x FWD, 4x Performance Tyres, 90 RQ. With such great event naming, I can see why you'd think it was a Robin original.
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Drivers' Choice, Hot Hatch are good options. 1980s has a few high end Italian cars, aren't you concerned that that may be IR dominated, too?

The only legendary would be a new Italian car. Wouldn't the same IR dominated criticism be levied again this?

80s, 1985-1994 and 2000s may feature a lot of top end Italian cars, as they all have IR Legendary cars.
    Well, as it seems IR Legendaries are going to dominate almost every criteria from now on? Maybe the problem is that we got over 30 new IR Legendaries added in one Update?

I have to set up criteria/packs months before they're used, so they can be tested, localised and any appropriate art can be created, so the more I know in advance, the more I can add.
    If you have months to prepare and test, then how can it be possible that we had to recently change 2 prize cars in the last moment and how did the bug (IR, Prize Car tag) slip through?

• evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mikethemeat said:

Driver Choice, Hot Hatch, Wild Ride and other decade's like 80s for the finals. IR finals/heavily dominated IR events are becoming extremely tedious. 
    TGPD said:

There aren't 1980s Hatchback car groups and packs, so I would need another update before this would be appropriate. Another downside is with the non-prize car meta for this criteria, having 1 Legendary and 1 Epic. I expect a lot of criticism of a lack of variety. Unless I felt really strongly this was the best/only option, I would try to construct criteria with more top end variety.

80s
    2000s (but no drags)
    Between 2 and 4 litres
    Medium clearance 
    All surface
    1985-1994

And go ahead and repeat old criteria, just give them more time. Jag would be fine. 90s would be fine. Merc would be okay too. Just let some time pass.

Novel criteria like engine size, ground clearance, engine config, car size all require code work to support. I am open to exploring these, but they can't be run in the short term.

Noted. We do run big events built around new cars a lot, I know. I try to avoid wet asphalt when the only suitable cars (say, 4WD) are all Legendaries. Harder to do with drag races, but I understand the same issues can exist there.
    mauro07 said:
    Diesel
    Elettric
    only epic
    only UR
    only SR
    only Rare
    there are a lot to choice and you do events where all the time is one car or one type of car is dominant!! (S maxed or Lambo S maxed)
    Audi Event
    Diesel CF packs are coming in the next update, making them usable in Tri Series.

Electric still doesn't have enough cars. I've been trying to get more added to Top Drives, but it's not a fast process. I think there are 2 in the next update... it's slow going. Once there are enough, I expect to use this.

I don't think the other ideas are particular viable for Tri Series Finals. Audi and McLaren have no cars below Super Rare and Epic respectively, so if an event required these cars, very few players would be able to enter. Not suitable for a Tri Series where we try and make sure lots of people enter so that more prize cars are awarded.
    RWare said:

Robin, come on now. I could list 200 criteria that hasn't been used as a Finals requirement, the repeat of 2010 Convertibles, (something that was used just 5 months ago) is nothing but yet another requirement where new IR cars are absolutely well above the rest of the old marques that would have been used in August. You know this, I know this. I don't think it's because of the rerun requirement which is causing frustration, only the never ending milk of IR.

To top it off, you have released, in quick succession, some of the best TD prize cars, all of which have needed IR/ITA cars to win.
    I think maybe the Cien and 3008 DKR are not top prize cars, but your point is taken. It was the GR and IR updates when I better at identifying the new categories that would have an interesting meta. Of course, it'd be nice to not run them all in a short period of time, but space them over a longer period of time. I don't need 200, but if you have a handful of traditional, viable Tri Series criteria that aren't dominated by IR, do suggest them. If they have a lot of liquidity and point to a slightly different event from a previous event, I'd want to use it.

Come up with event criteria? Yeh that worked out well for the drivers suggested cup or whatever it was called. 🙄
    The player suggested event was run on 8th November. Severe Understeer: 5x FWD, 4x Performance Tyres, 90 RQ. With such great event naming, I can see why you'd think it was a Robin original.
    so what you're saying is that pretty much every broad category is going to be dominated by IR. well done structuring that one.
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what was this event now?
    Back then it was titled as a formular fun event to test out the new "late join fix". There was no mention of it being a Player Suggested event here on the forum but now you claim that it was player suggested? Was it the "Player Cup Contest"? Or did we forget about that all together?

• mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mikethemeat said:

TGPD said:

80s
    2000s (but no drags)
    Between 2 and 4 litres
    Medium clearance 
    All surface
    1985-1994

mauro07 said:
    Diesel
    Elettric
    only epic
    only UR
    only SR
    only Rare
    Audi Event

RWare said:

not my mistake if Hutch put 100 S cars from Lambo .... oh wait... it's our mistake... it's always our mistake... you put a lot of S Lambo to sell CF but it's our mistake.... good point Robin.... hope you can sell a lot of CF because if you answer to your players like you told to us... beh... we will find another game maybe!!!
  • TGPDTGPD Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SSV said:
    They could just include a “no prize cars” requirement, and it’ll exclude all the IR cars because of the bug...?
    Lateral thinking
    I am just disappointed that this sticky button was pushed this hard until anything productive happened. 

In the olden days, we used to joke about a machine randomly picking requirements for finals. Now though, I kinda want that machine back.
    @Hutch_Robin
    4-seater requirement. That is a good base, and you can add different requirements, for example:
    4 Seaters x5
    US x3
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SSV said:
    They could just include a “no prize cars” requirement, and it’ll exclude all the IR cars because of the bug...?
    Really good point. Unless they’ve implemented a fix, the 918 will be viable. Or the IRs won’t...
  • DabigpDabigp Posts: 671 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @hutch you should hire that guy! @RWare
  • mario_mmario_m Posts: 127 ✭✭
    RWare said:
    I don't need 200, but if you have a handful of traditional, viable Tri Series criteria that aren't dominated by IR, do suggest them. If they have a lot of liquidity and point to a slightly different event from a previous event, I'd want to use it.

Here's 10 which took me 60 minutes. They are in no way tested and all I used was TDClub.

Requirements: 2000-2005 Coupe's
    Tier 1 Legends: Bugatti, RUF
    Tier 2 Epics: RUF, Porsche, McLaren, TVR, Chevrolet
    Pro's: Many underwhelming Legends viable - a chance for them to be used
    Con's: Can become a Veyron fest. Track selection needs to be sound
    Total Available Cars: 45
    Track Notes: Needs to not resolve around Drags/Bowl at all. 1-2 Rain Tracks for AWD bonus, no city streets

Requirements: American Dream x 5 // Muscle Car x 3
    Tier 1 Legends: Dodge, Cadillac
    Tier 2 Epics: Dodge, Chevrolet, Cadillac
    Pro's: Varied choice, with importance based on what your non-muscle car cars will be
    Con's: Can be boring with a drag fest making this into a Hellcat-fest
    Total Available Cars: 179
    Track Notes: A mix of City Streets and Normal, and 1-2 Rain will esure every Legend is viable as the non-muscle car choices. All Tarmac, wet or dry

Requirements: UK x 5 // AWD x 3
    Tier 1 Legends: Any McLaren as the non-AWD picks
    Tier 2 Epics: Multiple Caterham and McLaren-Mercedes & Lotus
    Pro's: AWD UK Legends become viable. Doesn't become a Caterham/McLaren fest due to AWD x 3
    Con's: Prize Cars dominate beyong belief here - do not allow
    Total Available Cars: 197
    Track Notes: Can use City Streets so we don't see 5 x Legend hands. Rain viable to give the AWD's an advantage over RWD Legends. 1 x Off-Road possible, but has to balance the AWD All Surface Tire picks versus the RWD Off Road Rally cars well.

Requirements: Japan x 5 // RWD x 3
    Tier 1 Legends: GT-R, R390 GT1
    Tier 2 Epics: Furai, Evo's
    Pro's: Celebrates a lot of meta cars but will force variety, so it will not become Evo Fest or Furai Fest
    Con's: Drags need to be avoided again. R390 kills by a mile over everything. Potential for too little choice.
    Total Available Cars: 252
    Track Notes: City Streets make no difference here. Potential for 1-2 Gravel / Mud as there are some Epic and UR off roaders, but nothing too OP

Requirements: German All Surface x 3 // US All Surface x 2
    Tier 1 Legends: Porsche, BMW, RUF
    Tier 2 Epics: BMW, Mercedes, Cadillac
    Pro's: Celebrate the All Surface cars without domination from Raptor / Rally Cars
    Con's: It will slightly annoy those who collect Off Road cars
    Total Available Cars: 61
    Track Notes: Go wild with 5 x off road surfaces. Snow, Gravel, Hill Climb, whatever.

Requirements: 2006 - 2010 x 5 // RWD x 4
    Tier 1 Legends: Lambo, RUF, Bugatti, Pagani
    Tier 2 Epics: Caterham, Audi, Lambo, Lotus, McLaren, Mitsubishi, RUF
    Pro's: A vast variety of reqs which allow for Lamborghini and Bugatti, but stops becoming overbearing.
    Con's: Could become 5 x Legend Hands easily for the right people.
    Total Available Cars: 205
    Track Notes: Use some City Streets, there are some interesting Med Height RWD cars for this requirement. All Tarmac, but perhaps 1 - 2 Rain per set to give the AWD a slight bonus and to negate Furai overuse. Use fast tracks here, to avoid Caterham, Furai, 2-Eleven fest.

Requirements: 90's GR x 2 // 90's IR x 3
    Tier 1 Legends: Lancia, Lambo, RUF
    Tier 2 Epics: Lambo, Pagani, RUF
    Pro's: Lambo's viable here without being overpowered. Epics are often overshadowed by newer models, gives them chance to shine.
    Con's: Not a vast amount of cars. 28 UR and below.
    Total Available Cars: 45
    Track Notes: Rain or Dry Tarmac is viable. No Streets. Can use Drags/Bowl just not every set or RUF will dominate.

Requirements: 2 x Renault // 3 x Honda
    Tier 1 Legends: Zero
    Tier 2 Epics: Banana
    Pro's: Uses marques which haven't been used before.
    Con's: Banana Fest. No Legends. Limited Choice.
    Total Available Cars: 143
    Track Notes: City Streets block Dezir/Banana fest. Potential for non-tarmac but boring choice. Heavy use of Rain could deter Banana / Dezir fest.

Requirements: 3 x Hot Hatch // 2 x Wild Ride
    Tier 1 Legends: Porsche, Caterham
    Tier 2 Epics: Caterham, Audi, Mercedes, Renault
    Pro's: A lot of sup-par City Cars become desirable.
    Con's: 911 GT2 RS is a bit OP versus the rest of Legends. Caterham OP from Wild Ride selection
    Total Available Cars: 86
    Track Notes: City Streets viable. Some AWD so 1 or 2 rain to spice things up. R5 can count as either requirement. Need a very good selection, swapping from 0-2 fast each set to 0-2 ultra twisty on each set, to throw Caterhams off every other set, and Porsche's slightly.

Requirements: Cabriolet x 2 // Wagon x 3
    Tier 1 Legends: RUF, Audi, Cadillac, Porsche
    Tier 2 Epics: Audi, Porsche, Mercedes, BMW
    Pro's: No prize cars fit these reqs. The goddamn Volvo fits and does well.
    Con's: A lot of maxed RS6 Avants about. It's low though, so can combat this.
    Total Available Cars: 114
    Track Notes: 1-2 City Streets is enough. CTS-V becomes useful but there are plenty of Epics which can fit here without being an S8+ fest. RUF Dominates Drags so leave out. Super twisties can be have low epics such as Alfa become strong. 1 or 2 rain for AWD's, there's even some AWD STD tire stuff in Epic
    class which could shine on that.

events may be more or less fair depending on the garage, but they would still be balanced
  • grandvachegrandvache Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mikethemeat said:

TGPD said:

80s
    2000s (but no drags)
    Between 2 and 4 litres
    Medium clearance 
    All surface
    1985-1994

mauro07 said:
    Diesel
    Elettric
    only epic
    only UR
    only SR
    only Rare
    Audi Event

RWare said:

You erm ... You just said the quiet but out loud there robin.

In all seriousness, no one begrudges hutch the chance to make money... Ok some people here clearly do, but the sane among us don't, nor do we ignore the fact that you HAVE to monetize your game, but you're consistently making choices that kill the goose.

Speaking of Geese ... Jean baptiste Colbert was French minister of finance in 16 something or other.  He described tax as "the art of plucking the most feathers with the least hissing" ... When your team reassemble in January you should pin that on a wall somewhere.
  • _HighVoltage__HighVoltage_ Posts: 225 ✭✭✭✭
    You erm ... You just said the quiet but out loud there robin.

In all seriousness, no one begrudges hutch the chance to make money... Ok some people here clearly do, but the sane among us don't, nor do we ignore the fact that you HAVE to monetize your game, but you're consistently making choices that kill the goose.

Speaking of Geese ... Jean baptiste Colbert was French minister of finance in 16 something or other.  He described tax as "the art of plucking the most feathers with the least hissing" ... When your team reassemble in January you should pin that on a wall somewhere.
    I agree with the latter half of your post. I am critical of Hutch’s business model exactly for the reason you outlined - they are killing the golden goose. Asking players to spend $100 every 2 weeks on a game that still feels unfinished and is not regularly updated (despite fixes having been complete!) is pure greed. 

You may call me cheap and that’s okay - I think it is reasonable to spend $10 per month on this game. That’s a $120 per year. Xbox/PC games require much more development and they are cheaper. We are all a bit insane for how much we are spending on Top Drives. 
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done Ryan, but to be fair, most of these double criterias wouldn't make it possible to ban prize cars. So here we are again, events with only two restrictions stand in the way of variety. It should be an easy feature to develop, yet we're still stuck with just two. That says a lot.
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 562 ✭✭✭
    Hutch_Robin said:
    You know, you can run a Tri Series without offering specific CF packs because people already have Diesel cars from random packs? You just choose not to, because of the business model. So you are not limited by options but by what makes money for the company. We already knew this, but this statement makes it explicit. 
    I would extract from that message something else.
    New update will bring in New Diesel cars in high RQ.
    For example we dont have any proper Legendary Diesel in game.
    SQ5 counts as Epic.
    Maybe I am mistaken, but I doubt it was problem to implement Diesel CF before as only lack of high tier cars.
    Increase the number of max filters... Just push an update for this one thing.
    And the garage scrolling bug PLEASE
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 562 ✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    Garage scrolling bug is fixed for almost 2 months. Just wait for new PL release.
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    REALAIS said:
    TGPD said:
    Garage scrolling bug is fixed for almost 2 months. Just wait for new PL release.

it will be fixed when they release it... for now we have a bug...
    edited December 2019
    THIS JUST IN:
    FINALS TO BE 2010s CONVERTIBLES X5, RWD X5, RQ130 LIMIT
  • malsmals Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    THIS JUST IN:
    FINALS TO BE 2010s CONVERTIBLES X5, RWD X5, RQ130 LIMIT

It could change