BMW M8 GTE Finals [EVENT]

Comments

• O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jesus. Didn't think this game could be more of a joke, but it just pulled it off. Good job Hutch 😂
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2
    @Hutch_Robin we need some excuse. 
  • MSteeLMSteeL Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, if lets say I buy a CF or two... Ill probably get a car I cant use? 
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    convertibles so no sls McLaren!! :/
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a mess, if you’re lucky enough to pull one of the best cars from the packs, you won’t be able to use it 🤔
    yaaaaaaay!! Lol
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thinking of this hand, or do i put the 2nd Corvette or 3rd lambo in?

• MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2
    Congratulations @Hutch_Robin
    That is basically the worst possible way to start the new year! 
  • 0liver770liver77 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭
    the cf packs doesnt even fit the requirements hahahahahahahahaha
    Bought two packs: RQ22 Maserati and useless RQ19 LandRover
    Packs should be RWD only!
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Posts: 902 admin
    To confirm, this is as intended. If you would prefer packs to contain only cars that you can definitely use, this is unfortunately not the Tri Series for that. It's fair to speculate that if we didn't have the prize car issue, maybe this would have been a different event, I don't know.

I have used this different paradigm a couple of times in the past. It's similar to the Porsche 918 Spyder (French Renaissance/DS) and Dodge Challenger Demon Finals (Chevrolet, American Dream), in that you couldn't buy CF packs that guaranteed DS or American Dream Chevrolets respectively.

If the packs are much less attractive to you, or don't allow you to catch up in hand strength as easily as usual, the event will favour older garages more than usual. I am sorry if you just don't like the kind of event where those direct, easy packs aren't on offer though.
  • chemineecheminee Posts: 100 ✭✭
    Sooo I got 2x epic gallardo's at 669. Should I do 1x 969 and 1x 699?
    edited January 2
    And you use these restrictions with failed packs on this monster??!? This was one of 3 cars that I told myself I would go all in... But hey lets let the lucky gellardo owners win smth again. Dissapointed really

FAVOR OLDER GARAGES???? YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME???? 
    To confirm, this is as intended. If you would prefer packs to contain only cars that you can definitely use, this is unfortunately not the Tri Series for that. It's fair to speculate that if we didn't have the prize car issue, maybe this would have been a different event, I don't know.

I have used this different paradigm a couple of times in the past. It's similar to the Porsche 918 Spyder (French Renaissance/DS) and Dodge Challenger Demon Finals (Chevrolet, American Dream), in that you couldn't buy CF packs that guaranteed DS or American Dream Chevrolets respectively.

If the packs are much less attractive to you, or don't allow you to catch up in hand strength as easily as usual, the event will favour older garages more than usual. I am sorry if you just don't like the kind of event where those direct, easy packs aren't on offer though.
    I am speechless, I really am.
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Favour older garages...hahaha. Even IR beasts are classed as older garages now by Hutch.
    Blue2moro said:
    Favour older garages...hahaha. Even IR beasts are classed as older garages now by Hutch.
    Thats the point. How can lead dev say such a thing? 🙂
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

And how about the prelim prizes? 

Robin, you shouldn’t be running these events until the bugs have been fixed. Your mess, your clean up. 
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly it’s mind boggling. 
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Posts: 902 admin
    Blue2moro said:
    This isn't what I meant. I was stating in a numbers sense that 2/4 Legendary and 13/19 Epics eligible in this event have been in the game since PL5. Sorry if that was unclear or if I'm incorrect about their efficacy in the event. It should mean this event is more suited to older garages than other recent Tri Series FInals events. As there aren't packs that guarantee these cars, this compounds the effect by it being less effective to buy packs to get an advantage.
    What about the Qualifier/Prelim CF’s? Were we meant to be mind readers or something? competing for a prize we can’t use. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    @Hutch_Robin
    Just remember one thing. 
    Pride comes before the fall.
    I have nothing more to say to this... 
  • James_PearceJames_Pearce Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bobdylan In the same bracket - might be kidding myself but think I’ve got a T1 hand so happy to cooperate! 
    HeissRod said:
    I'm actually ok with the CFs the way they are.  It gives people less of a chance to buy their way into the prize car, which is something a lot of us have been complaining about.
    As if you would ever say something negative against hutch. 
  • James_PearceJames_Pearce Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bobdylan In the same bracket - might be kidding myself but think I’ve got a T1 hand so happy to cooperate! 
    @lemmings99o @LittleEnosBurdette See you guys too. 
    @lemmings99o @LittleEnosBurdette See you guys too. 
    I’ve no chance, hope to snag a CF come Sunday, good luck. Make sure you hit @bobdylan for me. 👍🏻
    HeissRod said:
    I'm actually ok with the CFs the way they are.  It gives people less of a chance to buy their way into the prize car, which is something a lot of us have been complaining about.
    I’m kind of alright with it too, as long as you know what you’re buying in advance.