Consistency ( or actual lack of)

Can someone please explain to me how a maxed out Perez, Grosjean, Norris are so INCONSISTENT. One race I can have them qualify and finish in top 5 the next race they are near the back. Then they will spend the next few races languishing at the back of the field for quali despite finishing (due to using boosts) in the top 5 in the race. 
Have similar issues with drivers that have high overtake stats.....they struggle to overtake much slower cars after they have caught them very quickly, whilst a driver with low overtake stats will have sailed past with no problems. ???
Please what am I doing wrong? My car stats are currently
Power 86
Grip 68
Aero 75
Reliability 62
Pit stop 3.08

Comments

• davecanndavecann Posts: 25
    Sorry for asking what may seem to be silly issues. I do really like the game but these bugs are driving me nuts lol
  • MajorJeffMajorJeff Posts: 184 ✭✭✭
    edited January 7
    Sounds like you're at a level where you need to consider hiring new drivers.

Consistency is important in the early divisions while you start building your team. Keep in mind, it refers to the consistency of their skill set, not consistency of grid placement (can't fault them if you build them a lemon to drive!).

As you advance through the divisions, you need to take a step to move out of the Midfield.

Consider using (assigning) drivers with the qualities needed to make up where you are lacking. 

Once you learn how to master the tyre and fuel strategy each one needs (they are wildly different) you'll begin to see why they are F1 Legends.

Good luck. See you on the track!
    Post edited by MajorJeff on
  • davecanndavecann Posts: 25
    Thank you that clears things up.

• ArtlightArtlight Posts: 9
    There is no matter if driver is usual or rare or legendary in this game. And stats does no matter. Main thing is stupid not optimized AI of drivers and random. In this game I have Sainz with lvl 8.  He has 100 overtake rating. And some times I used for fun. And often happened when my Sainz on soft tires with max pace can't overtake weaker drivers on weaker cars with hard tires and slower pace during 1-3  laps. And this happened not because numbers of stats. This happened because of developers can't optimize AI of the drivers. And make characteristics of drivers and cars working.
    And I know abut opponents drivers and cars because I asked them in FB...
    Artlight said:
    Sainz on soft tires with max pace can't overtake weaker drivers on weaker cars with hard tires and slower pace during 1-3  laps. And this happened not because numbers of stats.
    Correct.  This will always happen when your soft tyres lost 50% of their grip during Lap 3.
    MajorJeff said:
    Artlight said:
    Sainz on soft tires with max pace can't overtake weaker drivers on weaker cars with hard tires and slower pace during 1-3  laps. And this happened not because numbers of stats.
    Correct.  This will always happen when your soft tyres lost 50% of their grip during Lap 3.
    I asked in game support and they answered me: Please note that the tyre wear doesn't affect your stats untill they are 0% - this means  that fresh tyres will be just as good as tyres with 10% durability left. ©
    So your comment is wrong. 

edited January 24
    Correct. A tyre showing 10% wear remaing still has 60% grip. But it isn't as good as a fresh Tyre.

True. Tyres never lose more than 50% grip when they reach zero wear. That is a posted fact.

Loss of grip makes your car slower. 
    That is the issue.

Your argument may be correct assuming that the car in front of you is running the same tyre strategy. But they're not. They are on hard tyres.

A hard tyre designed for 3-5 Laps loses minimal grip at Lap 3.
    Soft tyres designed for 2-3 laps lose exponential grip on Lap 3.

You can test tyre degradation for yourself anytime your cars qualify on the same line with an overcut.
    Post edited by MajorJeff on
    You want to tell that there is grip degradation simulation in this game? You serious? 
    Artlight said:
    Please note that the tyre wear doesn't affect your stats untill they are 0% 
    Artlight said:
    You want to tell that there is grip degradation simulation in this game? You serious? 

Pretty sure you told yourself.
    On second thought, don't change your tyres. Ever.
    MajorJeff said:
    Pretty sure you told yourself.
    On second thought, don't change your tyres. Ever.
    I wrote about: tyres effectiveness and grip with 100% durability = tyres with 1% durability. 
    And you wrote:
    MajorJeff said:

A hard tyre designed for 3-5 Laps loses minimal grip at Lap 3.
    Soft tyres designed for 2-3 laps lose exponential grip on Lap 3.
    Now what?