2020 Update Discussion

Comments

• RuvlaRuvla Posts: 118 ✭✭✭
    Why do you want to fix late-join, while it is just a strategy in situation where scoring system is a root cause of the problems?

Instead of fixing a symptom (late joining strategy) cure the disease (wrong scoring system, not taking into account the number of matches played).
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruvla said:
    Why do you want to fix late-join, while it is just a strategy in situation where scoring system is a root cause of the problems?

Instead of fixing a symptom (late joining strategy) cure the disease (wrong scoring system, not taking into account the number of matches played).
    Lets hear your improved scoring idea!

• REALAISREALAIS Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    edited January 16
    After update. New normal.
    My guess.
  • 0liver770liver77 Posts: 206 ✭✭✭
    greddy said:
    Sneak peek? 
    And where is the Top Drives show discussing new PL11 features as promised? @Hutch_Katie
    Coming in after pl11 release i suppose🤔

We film the PL11 Update info tomorrow (Friday 17th) and the video will then be released when we are ready to submit the update.

Friday 17th, but which month? :#
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    It would be more funny if there wouldnt be written "Tomorrow"
  • Hutch_KatieHutch_Katie Posts: 237 admin
    @Hutch_Katie What about RQ changes? I think these would work best as text and not in videoformat.

We can put this into a text post too, but it's going to need its own episode to discuss in more depth. We are filming that episode in a couple of weeks.
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Katie Andreas was talking about the cars that will change rq in PL11, not the further 0-100 rq changes. The fact that this wasn’t immediately clear suggests it’s not imminent! 

Hype train has dried up 
    I’m wondering if maybe there will be a lot of rarity changes even with the switch to 10-100RQ, hence them getting their own video. Do agree that a text post is preferred, both for ease of publication as well as ease of access. I don’t want to have to scrub through a video to find a specific car - just look at a spreadsheet like we’ve done in the past. 
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would guess that there won't be many rarity changes. With much wider bands the cars that would ordinarily be pushed into another tier would probably just stay within the wider RQ range.
  • hifichrishifichris Posts: 441 ✭✭✭
    edited January 17
    RobGripes said:
    I would guess that there won't be many rarity changes. With much wider bands the cars that would ordinarily be pushed into another tier would probably just stay within the wider RQ range.

RQ 0-100 is not for PL11.0
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hifichris said:
    RobGripes said:

RQ 0-100 is not for PL11.0
    Oh yeh! Hmmm... Lets see if i can replenish my UR food stock!  :p
    ok, impossible to get any date...

Maybe the one of the today's video ? When this one will be online ?
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hifichris said:
    ok, impossible to get any date...

Maybe the one of the today's video ? When this one will be online ?
    "the video will then be released when we are ready to submit the update."

• HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17
    It will be released when it's released.  Getting impatient and constantly posting for updates serves no purpose and will not speed up the release.

Side note: The constant impatience and getting upset with them for delays is most likely one of the main reasons for Hutch not providing us with a lot of details on forthcoming updates.  They most likely think that if they don't tell us anything, we can't get upset with them when it doesn't happen.
  • _HighVoltage__HighVoltage_ Posts: 225 ✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    It will be released when it's released.  Getting impatient and constantly posting for updates serves no purpose and will not speed up the release.

Side note: The constant impatience and getting upset with them for delays is most likely one of the main reasons for Hutch not providing us with a lot of details on forthcoming updates.  They most likely think that if they don't tell us anything, we can't get upset with them when it doesn't happen.

Let's make an important distinction here:
    1) There are people asking for updates on everything Hutch is working on months ahead/or people asking that Hutch give daily updates on what the team is doing.
    2) There are also people asking that Hutch gives some notice/details BEFORE an update drops. Not the day of the update or, in some cases, after the update drops (like RQ changes and update log).

I put myself in the second category. Katie's post makes it sound like we won't get any details before the update is already submitted to the Apple/Play store for release.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:

Let's make an important distinction here:
    1) There are people asking for updates on everything Hutch is working on months ahead/or people asking that Hutch give daily updates on what the team is doing.
    2) There are also people asking that Hutch gives some notice/details BEFORE an update drops. Not the day of the update or, in some cases, after the update drops (like RQ changes and update log).

I put myself in the second category. Katie's post makes it sound like we won't get any details before the update is already submitted to the Apple/Play store for release.
    I'm in the second category, silently waiting.

Since you have made the distinction, I am addressing the first category.
    I was computer scientist project manager. I never seen a project without delivery date. Our customers ALWAYS follow it by meeting and charts. That's all i wanted to say.
    Even if it gets delayed again i would hope for a bit more communication about whats going on, in clear and not vague words.
    Ive seen a screenshot from November 2019, Robin stating that the next update is long ready. Interpreting Katies posts it sounds more like a couple of week till release? Im confused.
    I hope the video doesnt delay the release any further, because if changes are that big you need a written version anyway so people can study it.

• Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Posts: 878 admin
    We can put this into a text post too, but it's going to need its own episode to discuss in more depth. We are filming that episode in a couple of weeks.
    Are we to understand that the update is not coming in the next week or two then?

Also, any word on the Titan Series that Robin announced on January 7th as starting "this week or next" - is this actually starting next week, or will it start after the update?
    Likely to be after Lunar New Year now, I think. Haven't had the chance to plan this yet, as PL11 and the general events schedule are the priorities. Titan Series is less time sensitive. Probably will be a Valentine's special event though.
  • hillclimberhillclimber Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we to understand that the update is not coming in the next week or two then?

Also, any word on the Titan Series that Robin announced on January 7th as starting "this week or next" - is this actually starting next week, or will it start after the update?
    Likely to be after Lunar New Year now, I think. Haven't had the chance to plan this yet, as PL11 and the general events schedule are the priorities. Titan Series is less time sensitive. Probably will be a Valentine's special event though.
    25th January to those of us that are non Druids
    in other words, PL11 will be released as planned on New Year

Chinese New Year

edited January 18
    I found this screenshot of a discord discussion about posssible changes to the game from early November 2019. Im curious what took another 2,5 month till today and what will be done additional in the following weeks.
    Im dreaming of a massive bugfix update, to get rid of all the stuff annoying players each day. There was enough time to work on that, especially reading the below stated.
    Edit:This screen is from a public server and not a private coversation.

Post edited by AndreasSimmer on