2020 Update Discussion

Comments

• OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RWare said:
    01718 said:
    RWare said:
    When are we fixing the late join fix?

What is this pic supposed to Display? Might as Well be sleepers who joined in time (1-0)  and played 5 tickets in the last Minutes?
    It shows a gen 1 bracket, by that I mean I was in the first daily bracket that opened in EU. For a 24hr bracket those scores are pretty respectable, and show activity.

The 5-0 and 6-0 guys entered in the final hour, or rather final 20 mins as the bracket overfilled to 116.

What this shows is that you can still late join and reach T2 with ease.
    I think it's a valid problem, so I reanimated the "Ranking need to be fixed" thread.
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any official info on RQ changes? @Hutch_Katie , @Hutch_Tim ?
    A simpe text version is all we seek and need. Thanks
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new tracknames in Clubs are as confusing as before. Twist&Turns sometimes has 2x city streets in it (but not always...), Golden Sun rain or snow and so  on...
  • Hutch_KatieHutch_Katie Posts: 239 admin
    Update on RQ and Rarity changes can be found here:
    I've created a separate discussion thread for RQ/Rarity here to better manage the multiple conversations for the next update.
  • hifichrishifichris Posts: 441 ✭✭✭
    So we keep the total mess on offroard rwd/fwd cars. There are no reason to keep any high while datsun stay 18 for exemple
    Many people work a lot on cars corrections since at least 1 year. Did you ignore them ?? @Hutch_Katie
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 21
    Come on, wait till they release correction list. 
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hifichris said:
    Many people work a lot on cars corrections since at least 1 year. Did you ignore them ?? @Hutch_Katie
    She answered that in the other thread 5 minutes before you posted this.....
    HeissRod said:
    hifichris said:
    Without any class changes, do you really believe the work is good for 4 months ????????
  • RWareRWare Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hifichris said:
    HeissRod said:
    hifichris said:
    Without any class changes, do you really believe the work is good for 4 months ????????
    It could be that there's little rarity changed because the 100RQ work is on the horizon for later this year.

I doubt someone spent 4 months working on car RQ re-classification
    A change on car specifications might change its rq, right?
    Do you expect many corrections seeing this list ?
  • 0171801718 Posts: 278 ✭✭✭
    RWare said:
    01718 said:
    RWare said:
    When are we fixing the late join fix?

What is this pic supposed to Display? Might as Well be sleepers who joined in time (1-0)  and played 5 tickets in the last Minutes?
    It shows a gen 1 bracket, by that I mean I was in the first daily bracket that opened in EU. For a 24hr bracket those scores are pretty respectable, and show activity.

The 5-0 and 6-0 guys entered in the final hour, or rather final 20 mins as the bracket overfilled to 116.

What this shows is that you can still late join and reach T2 with ease.

Thanks for clearing this up. I disagree on the interpretation. Harald Rittmeier has 6 wins and 100 points, the average is 16,67. That would be 4*17 and 2*16 or any other valid combination. It is below the minimum of 17, that applies, when you play against a player holding about the same accumulated score. Now I don't know for sure what happens when you join an established bracket. Who is chosen to be your first opponent? The last player (possibly holding a strong negative score) in the bracket or a player with a score around zero? this might explain, how Rittmeier has an average below 17.
    The point is: A strong hand can join in the first minute, play 1 ticket, not get contested by others (because it is a strong hand) and play 5 tickets at the end. No late join, same result.

Calculations aside: Rank #10 and #11 had hands that *allowed* them to beat the higher ranks. I guess they would have ended up there anyway.

The now withdrawn scoring system had reduced the possibility to climb to the top with very few matches. But players argued, that a guy ending up unbeaten (like 30-0) should not be in T2  just because others had a higher score at 100-100.

In a scenario where each match is just a win/loss or draw, I could hardly imagine a handy system that ranks players fairly in a manner that very strong hands (wins >> losses) end up in the top ten but very active players holding a balanced score end up there, too. It's either "number of wins" is emphasized or "difference of wins and losses" is emphasized.

What some seem to be looking for would be a mixture of both, like (SQRT(wins+5)) / (losses+5) * (wins+5); where the 5 is just randomly chosen by me...

Chosing a value different from 5 changes the ranking...

This is by no means a proposal, as I think a likewise system is very intransparent...
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    greddy said:
    Sneak peek? 
    And where is the Top Drives show discussing new PL11 features as promised? @Hutch_Katie
    Coming in after pl11 release i suppose🤔

We film the PL11 Update info tomorrow (Friday 17th) and the video will then be released when we are ready to submit the update.
    @Hutch_Katie - is the plan to still release the PL11 Update video when you are ready to submit the update?  Or has the update already been submitted?  Thanks
  • AntounAntoun Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope the Demon will do better than this at 0-60

• HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope the MRA doesn't get broken, when the 0-60 gets fixed.  Remember the 760RS debacle?
  • mikesmikes Posts: 4,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    I hope the MRA doesn't get broken, when the 0-60 gets fixed.  Remember the 760RS debacle?
    Agreed. Hopefully the lower 0-60 doesn't make it slower than the hellcats through the 1/4. 1/2 and 1 mile.
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Katie Q&A video is up but please tell me that isn't the one recorded on Friday? We were expecting a video explaining details of the update.
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    @Hutch_Katie Q&A video is up but please tell me that isn't the one recorded on Friday? We were expecting a video explaining details of the update.
    From the show notes

Very very soon is.....tommorow?! 🙃
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    greddy said:
    Very very soon is.....tommorow?! 🙃
    Lower your expectations 
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    early january!! :D:D
  • erjuitoerjuito Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
    mauro07 said:
    early january!! :D:D

2020 o 2021?
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lunar diurnal equinox 
    Strange... No one posted leaks published by youtubers 😛
  • Hutch_KatieHutch_Katie Posts: 239 admin
    Sneak Peek from Blossom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24W83xRLReE

and another from Android Fanatic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ncee5onug3g

Enjoy! 
  • RWareRWare Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭✭✭

Enjoy! 

Once upon a time this was used for the AD update and I did enjoy the build up.

Nice to see the involving-of-the-community to do the same build up, even though they're just images (as in, not the cards)
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    That guy in the cowboy hat is a little odd
    He has that annoying Youtuber "as a matter of fact" voiceover tone where he lowers his voice for the last few words of every sentence. Really bugs me lol.
  • hillclimberhillclimber Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭✭✭

Enjoy! 
    a very british update 2.0... do you know when it will be fixed?