Skip to content

Vauxhall VXR8 GTS Finals - UK Tour [EVENT]

1235»

Comments

• Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used 9 Bs to feed my F-Pace and I got 3 Bs in return. Still, only my 2nd prize car although I highly doubt this will get anywhere near as much use as my Spyder.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thing should be performing on par with the S27 CTS-V Wagon.  It's got basically the same motor.
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    This thing should be performing on par with the S27 CTS-V Wagon.  It's got basically the same motor.
    Is that correction noted with Hutch? Would be nice to see it bumped up a bit. I don't have any proof but I wonder if the handling is a bit low given how much HSV worked these things?
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,176 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One can only assume the Vauxhall has appalling MRA due to its electronically limited top speed, rolling test bowl of 146mph, when it would be banging on the limiter half way round irl. 
    75-125 mid range time of 15.56, compared to a less powerful stingray time of 7.23. 
    I know electronically limited cars performance was discussed at some point, but was a fix ever forthcoming?
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One can only assume the Vauxhall has appalling MRA due to its electronically limited top speed, rolling test bowl of 146mph, when it would be banging on the limiter half way round irl. 
    75-125 mid range time of 15.56, compared to a less powerful stingray time of 7.23. 
    I know electronically limited cars performance was discussed at some point, but was a fix ever forthcoming?
    Gsearch suggested it would be very difficult to know what the delimited top speeds would be. Not sure if it was his personal opinion or based on internal discussion. 
    A fair point, but I suggested consulting manufacturers or tuning companies like DMS. 
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,176 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:
    Gsearch suggested it would be very difficult to know what the delimited top speeds would be. Not sure if it was his personal opinion or based on internal discussion. 
    A fair point, but I suggested consulting manufacturers or tuning companies like DMS. 
    Why can’t the MRA on these cars be set very high though, they can’t exceed their max speed and low MRA doesn’t kick in till what 100mph? so would it not be more realistic? Yeh I know. 
    edited January 2020
    BoxtaS said:
    Why can’t the MRA on these cars be set very high though, they can’t exceed their max speed and low MRA doesn’t kick in till what 100mph? so would it not be more realistic? Yeh I know. 
    Yep, that would make sense - a 600bhp Audi should smash into its 155mph limiter like a train, rather than starting to run out of puff at 125. 

I get the impression that what we call MRA may just be a very basic acceleration curve from 0 to 60mph to v-max - the only 3 fixed points Hutch have for a vehicle. I don’t think they have 0-100 or 0-124 times available. 
    It’s a cruel thing to say, and possibly incorrect, but I think a few aspects of the game look like they have been coded by JavaScript (or whatever) experts and not by vehicle dynamics experts. 
    In their defence, they do need a 1 size fits all approach with so many cars in the game. I guess that’s why they can tweak a car on request, but when they are released they all set up the same. 
    I would love for Tim or Robin to jump in and tear me new one about how wrong I am - just so I can understand more about the game works 👍
  • hifichrishifichris Posts: 560 ✭✭✭
    Some people think the original dev dynamic expert left the boat there is long ago. It should explain why they don't want to change any dynamic bug.
    In the small team it seems that everything works (marketing...) but technical (the most important) part is over for a long time now.
    hifichris said:
    Some people think the original dev dynamic expert left the boat there is long ago. It should explain why they don't want to change any dynamic bug.
    In the small team it seems that everything works (marketing...) but technical (the most important) part is over for a long time now.
    Yeah, businesses do do that - get an expert consultant in to help set things up (Evo?) and then run the day to day themselves. Could be just that 
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:
    hifichris said:
    Yeah, businesses do do that - get an expert consultant in to help set things up (Evo?) and then run the day to day themselves. Could be just that 
    In the meantime... with all these known bugs and problems... wouldnt there have been enough time to recode the whole engine from ground up? I supposed this a year ago, as i didnt see the current version future stable.