RQ changes with update shouldn't affect rarity

SchmidtiSchmidti Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
With an update coming soon, everyone is gathering rq 22, rq18 and rq14 cars which could jump in rarity. 
This from my point of view is a quite unfair point for newer players, who get the car after the update. I benefited by this system by myself many times. I have at least 4 epics which I upgraded when they where super rare. But I also have the Camaro zl1 1le which stayed epic but went to rq28. 
I think this is much more fair.
Cars should change its rq when they get a rebalance, but they shouldn't change rarity. 
I have no problem with rq23 super rare cars or rq19 rare, do you? 

What do you think? 

Comments

• REALAISREALAIS Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    edited January 12
    As logic sense it makes in long term it will make mess for more newer players.
    For Epic cara in Legendary can understand somehow, Audi is not Legendary car brand. Strangely BMW got Legendary status in GR update. Either Audi goes back to Legendary or BMW comes down to Epic. But for Lower tiers I would not like to see cars stay in previous tier when RQ jumps up. 
    As unfair it seems when some players exploits that, but in overall that is best way how to do it. In that example stats mistakes would look silly, Like RQ13 Uncommon car as we had Dodge Stealth Jump from 9->13.
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you've got your RQs and rarities mixed up a little but yes I agree. I posted something similar in the suggestions thread a few days ago. I think cars moving from any rarity up to B (Ultra Rare) should take on the new rarity as food is easy to come by.

The real struggle is for cars moving from B to A or A to S. In those cases, by all means increase their RQ but retain their original rarity. Important cars such as the Miray are now clearly more difficult to pull and upgrade. Those that have multiples (me included) that upgraded them as Bs are at a very clear advantage in races requiring them. Now players that pull them have to sacrifice 15 Bs that might well be needed for far more important cars at A rarity.
  • StealthFTStealthFT Posts: 322 ✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    I think you've got your RQs and rarities mixed up a little but yes I agree. I posted something similar in the suggestions thread a few days ago. I think cars moving from any rarity up to B (Ultra Rare) should take on the new rarity as food is easy to come by.

The real struggle is for cars moving from B to A or A to S. In those cases, by all means increase their RQ but retain their original rarity. Important cars such as the Miray are now clearly more difficult to pull and upgrade. Those that have multiples (me included) that upgraded them as Bs are at a very clear advantage in races requiring them. Now players that pull them have to sacrifice 15 Bs that might well be needed for far more important cars at A rarity.
    Couldn't agree more with this.

• hifichrishifichris Posts: 515 ✭✭✭
    So.... The cadillac escalade now rq19 should be rq19 being D class ? Hummm well ok 👌

Abarth rally now rq18 should be ultra rare (like it was) when datsun stay super rare...

I think it s not possible this way because of the cars corrections. It would look like a real mess.
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1000 agrees. The Miray situation is a disaster. Same thing has happened with the Patrol Nismo, RR, GMC Yukon & Cadillac XT5. If you didn’t get them before they changed rarity, you might as well not have them at all - everyone else could max them cheaply, but for you it’s massively more expensive. 
    This could be solved by basing upgrades on RQ rather than rarity. 
  • hifichrishifichris Posts: 515 ✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:
    1000 agrees. The Miray situation is a disaster. Same thing has happened with the Patrol Nismo, RR, GMC Yukon & Cadillac XT5. If you didn’t get them before they changed rarity, you might as well not have them at all - everyone else could max them cheaply, but for you it’s massively more expensive. 
    But I'm 100% agree with that. 
    Maybe car corrections have to be an exception
  • RuvlaRuvla Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    edited January 13
    RQ reflects RELATIVE perfomance of every car compared to ALL other cars.

When car does not change it's stat, but other cars are changed (via stat or by adding lots of slick cars and etc.) - RQ will be changed. So RQ reflects how strong car is against another.

The consequence is that RQ change is a result of 2 things: car stat change and cars in game change.
    If car stat is not changed, then the basics against hutch measures performance should be fixed (by fix I mean remain unchanged). So, instead of measuring relative performance to ALL cars in game, hutch can does measures against some cars with freeze stat. Moreover, they can make those cars imaginary and not share with us, so their stat will never be changed. In that way if car stats remains unchanged - RQ will remain the same.
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:
    Don’t forget the QX70, Elmiraj, 335d, Mustang GT, C350 4MATIC, Evo VIII 260. I have yet to get my hands on a QX70, but as you said, it’s not worth it anymore. 

While I agree that this effect is frustrating, there are other more pressing issues to address. These rarity rebalances occur once every few months or longer. Bringing back prize car reruns, more IRGP-style events, other things that affect gameplay day in and day out are all a higher priority in my book. Maybe that’s just because I’ve grown used to this rarity rebalance effect.

Leaving rarities the same as they were before a correction/rebalance is not the answer. As @hifichris mentions, something like the RQ19 Escalade remaining D-class and being able to be upgraded with uncommons would be just a bit overpowered don’t you think? Not to mention you’d be able to pull it from prize boards. I know that the Escalade isn’t the most dominant, but it’s rarity as well as RQ is determined via relative performance. Getting ultra rare performance for rare upgrade cost would be a flawed system in my opinion.

Don’t forget to consider the other side of the coin too. What about cars dropping in rarity? Something like the RQ23 Golf R with it’s awful MRA may drop in RQ if it’s corrected. Say it drops down to RQ20 (because it performs similarly to other cars around that RQ), but it remained an epic and you had to use URs to upgrade it. I don’t think people would be too happy. To extend this thought experiment even more, how p*ssed would you be if you got an RQ20 epic in a CF?

To sum up, I understand the frustration with rarity changes and cars (especially essential ones) as I’m affected by it too. But I think Hutch have bigger things to focus on at the moment, and there are already drastic gameplay changes being considered (engine traction bonus for example). Maybe this will be a topic to revisit after the new RQ system implementation, but for now I think it should be left as is
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    GOLF R 2016 probably will not even change RQ after 0-60 fix. Next 4wd Golf R 2012 has and still will have worse stats with RQ23

• rei348rei348 Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭✭
    FROM ANOTHER POST)
    kolov7 said:
    I know,I know know,we post here epics and legendary,itsnt yet epic,but it will be in few days.
    So happy 🍾🍾
    If it's true, it will be another huge problem for everyone like me that never found one of them... Anyway, there is no way to solve it. Changie rarity has to be done if the car performs like a higher category, otherwise in few months we would have a crazy situation and rarity itself will lose it's scope.
    IMO Cars that performs like epic (for example) should be epic and require 15 UR to max out, regardless if they used to be in another class in previous versions of the game
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 15
    Now that we talked about RQ changes and how it should be handled, I wan't to revive/adress another topic.

Difference in Upgrading a Car with the highest RQ of its Rarity vs. lowest RQ of its Rarity.
    Let's take two cars for comparison:

RQ26 - Cadillac CT6 - 1/1/1 vs. RQ23 - Mercedes C 350 4MATIC - 3/2/3
    The Cadillac with zero fuses is superior than the maxed Mercedes in every category, it even has a higher MRA. There is no legitimate reason to max the Mercedes (besides some niche events). So why do you need to put the same resources into it?

This only reminded me about another thread about RQ27 Legendaries and their value:
    https://forums.hutchgames.com/discussion/6469/rq27-legendaries-and-their-value-to-the-game#latest

Now that we will get the big RQ100 "rebalance" this year, I guess nothing will change under the current system and that's fine. But I do hope that something like this has not been forgotten and will be considered.
    Post edited by Mrpiratepete on
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have suggested a score-based system to upgrading cars last summer. It got a few likes but no mention on it from Hutch. With the RQ system being out of 100, like you say @Mrpiratepete the time is perfect to change the way cars are required for fusing. Too many cars are useless in this game.

outside of Clubs, cars Rare and below are hardly ever used. Just one RQ filler in an otherwise top-heavy hand. 
    Also, all the cars at the low end of Legendary and Epic tiers are never upgraded. The game's variety has gotten worse, not better.

Why regress, not progress?