PL11 Car Corrections Discussion

Comments

• evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Dodecane said:
    You can't correct something that hasn't been released yet
    mikes said:

We also preemptively made over 100 corrections to new models. We plan to make further corrections to existing cars in future updates.

What does that even mean? You corrected the new cars before release? lol

Yes, a few of us pour over the vehicle's stats before release to catch any issues, duplicates, etc.
    I applaud that, thanks for your effort. It's the way it's said that make some of us scratch our heads.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RWare said:
    - McLaren 720S - You have further nerfed this car by reducing the grip (why, exactly?)
    https://forums.hutchgames.com/discussion/comment/147806/#Comment_147806
    • Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster - MRA reduced slightly as was too fast in Zonda hierarchy.
    It is from the oldest cars in the game and you remembered to correct it now, or you try to fix the new zonda’s broken mra by nerfing this one, not a good idea, very frustrating after spending all these epics in upgrading this car.
    The Cinque was not nerfed to make the new Hyuara look better.  The Hyuara got it's own MRA improvement.
    ViMurr said:
    dear hutch @Hutch_Katie  you MUST give some motivation over critic changes like diablo 1990 one....because are quite important cars, so you cant just ''through this bomb'' without any explanation
    This Diablo outperformed other Diablos that had more power and less weight.  Why would you think it should stay the way it was? 
  • mikesmikes Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ViMurr said:
    And if you want to be so extreme with car nerfing....lets talk about the bugatti never been a cornering beasts but the chiron with over 2000 kg of weight has the best MRA and a **** 101 maxed grip? That car is a WHALE and now the 720s that was born for dynamic is going to have the same grip! Thats ridiculous. @mikes @Hutch_Katie
    There's already a correction thread on this and has been noted to Hutch. Feel free to provide more data to increase the urgency of the correction case. https://forums.hutchgames.com/discussion/comment/147918#Comment_147918

• ViMurrViMurr Posts: 66 ✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    ViMurr said:
    dear hutch @Hutch_Katie  you MUST give some motivation over critic changes like diablo 1990 one....because are quite important cars, so you cant just ''through this bomb'' without any explanation
    This Diablo outperformed other Diablos that had more power and less weight.  Why would you think it should stay the way it was? 
    Alot of cars have better mras in this game with less power than others....it's your decision
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 807 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    ViMurr said:
    So the only way was to nerf its "made up" stat instead of improving its succesors?
  • Ivo_KamburovIvo_Kamburov Posts: 817 ✭✭✭✭
    mikes said:
    ViMurr said:
    And if you want to be so extreme with car nerfing....lets talk about the bugatti never been a cornering beasts but the chiron with over 2000 kg of weight has the best MRA and a **** 101 maxed grip? That car is a WHALE and now the 720s that was born for dynamic is going to have the same grip! Thats ridiculous. @mikes @Hutch_Katie
    There's already a correction thread on this and has been noted to Hutch. Feel free to provide more data to increase the urgency of the correction case. https://forums.hutchgames.com/discussion/comment/147918#Comment_147918

Oh, so it just takes a while? 5~6 PL Updates? 
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    • Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster - MRA reduced slightly as was too fast in Zonda hierarchy.
    It is from the oldest cars in the game and you remembered to correct it now, or you try to fix the new zonda’s broken mra by nerfing this one, not a good idea, very frustrating after spending all these epics in upgrading this car.
    The Cinque was not nerfed to make the new Hyuara look better.  The Hyuara got it's own MRA improvement.
    So why it’s nerfed then?, too fast in Zonda hierarchy? From where you guys got these infos ? It’s oldest car in TD, many players upgraded it, crucial in most events, so why downgrading it by this way?
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why we even have car correction thread? Its useless. 
    ViMurr said:
    HeissRod said:
    ViMurr said:
    Alot of cars have better mras in this game with less power than others....it's your decision
    When compared across the same model lineup?
    HeissRod said:
    ViMurr said:
    So the only way was to nerf its "made up" stat instead of improving its succesors?
    Do you have any proof that the successors were incorrect and not the original Diablo?
  • ViMurrViMurr Posts: 66 ✭✭
    edited January 22
    i know  @mikes   you guys are getting a lot of stress due to all posts and stuff about pl11... but listen here, i think you dont want to penalise too much a car after an update (especially legendaries since are quite hard to max due to all the A's put into it) so consider to re-increase the MRA of the 720s since has more power than other mclarens but the worst mra of the brand.... but ill prefer to keep that mra and re-add the grips point :))
  • mikesmikes Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22
    mikes said:
    ViMurr said:

Oh, so it just takes a while? 5~6 PL Updates? 
    I know you're being sarcastic, but there hasn't been much data submitted to prove the change (nor has there been much discussion on it). On the contrary, there have been four different Diablo threads created with tons of comments. Which change appears more urgent to the player base?
    https://forums.hutchgames.com/discussion/7890/lamborghini-diablos
    HeissRod said:
    So why it’s nerfed then?, too fast in Zonda hierarchy? From where you guys got these infos ? It’s oldest car in TD, many players upgraded it, crucial in most events, so why downgrading it by this way?
    Unfortunately, that I do not know.  The Cinque was not in the corrections list, so I don't know the basis for it.
  • RWareRWare Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    RWare said:
    - McLaren 720S - You have further nerfed this car by reducing the grip (why, exactly?)

Noted. By this source, did you take into consideration the other cars in that 21-car lap time board?

Whilst this data looks useful, I fail to see how hotlaps around a track not in Top Drives, dictate car stats in Top Drives.

• _HighVoltage__HighVoltage_ Posts: 222 ✭✭✭✭
    I fail to understand Hutch logic yet again.

Of the very few car corrections, several are about Prize cars that haven't been awarded yet, and when they are...only .02% of the player base will actually get them.
    ...as opposed to correcting cars that a lot of people already have and want to see fixed.

Why? It just looks like the priority is on creating buzz for future prize cars so that people spend money on CF packs to compete for them.

I also don't understand the reasoning behind the choices of what gets corrected - so the Quattroporte gets fixed to FWD (as it should), but the Alfa 164S is still RWD? It would take 30 seconds to change the code and correct it. And it doesn't require any complex verification, it is common knowledge that the 164S was a FWD model.
    RWare said:
    HeissRod said:
    RWare said:
    Whilst this data looks useful, I fail to see how hotlaps around a track not in Top Drives, dictate car stats in Top Drives.
    Because it's indicative of a car's performance IRL.  This is what the corrections are all about?
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And Demon Bug? where is the fix?
    mauro07 said:
    And Demon Bug? where is the fix?
    They already told us that was fixed.  This is not a correction for the car itself.

Of the very few car corrections, several are about Prize cars that haven't been awarded yet, and when they are...only .02% of the player base will actually get them.
    ...as opposed to correcting cars that a lot of people already have and want to see fixed.

Why? It just looks like the priority is on creating buzz for future prize cars so that people spend money on CF packs to compete for them.

I also don't understand the reasoning behind the choices of what gets corrected - so the Quattroporte gets fixed to FWD (as it should), but the Alfa 164S is still RWD? It would take 30 seconds to change the code and correct it. And it doesn't require any complex verification, it is common knowledge that the 164S was a FWD model.
    I will say that they are trying to fix prize cars before they are released, so that what you win is what you get.  Weeks ago, a few of us discussed the forthcoming prize car with Hutch, before they released the next tri-series so that they wouldn't give out something that needed corrections.  They ultimately ended up changing the prize car for that series, to avoid this.
  • RWareRWare Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    RWare said:
    HeissRod said:
    RWare said:
    Because it's indicative of a car's performance IRL.  This is what the corrections are all about?

Right, but unless I've misunderstood, are you using more comparitave laptimes than just this hotlap around Virginia or was it just through the evidence presented in that thread?
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:

I will say that they are trying to fix prize cars before they are released, so that what you win is what you get.  Weeks ago, a few of us discussed the forthcoming prize car with Hutch, before they released the next tri-series so that they wouldn't give out something that needed corrections.  They ultimately ended up changing the prize car for that series, to avoid this.
    Did you not discuss the Vauxhall?
    HeissRod said:

Did you not discuss the Vauxhall?
    No.  We were not approached about that one.
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How come the metro 6r4 still remains on off road tyres when it was decided to use the image/specs of the clubman?
    How come the metro 6r4 still remains on off road tyres when it was decided to use the image/specs of the clubman?
    The correction is there.  I can't speculate on why is has or hasn't yet been addressed.  

Personally, I hope it doesn't lose the off-road tires, but it is what it is.  (I just finished maxing it recently!  :D )
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Robin Can you please reverse the cinque nerf ‘correction’ which is not a correction in my eyes. Even after upgrading it to 993 it doesn’t beat the huayara in all tracks why nerf!