PL11.0 - The Great Exhibition Discussion

Comments

• RuvlaRuvla Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    edited January 23
    I am confused regarding the update:
    1) New mode. While announcement created some excitement on something new in the game, in reality we can just have a look at new campaign, but no way to play. We have new currency in game required for this mode, but no information how we can get it.
    2) A bunch of new cars, already having 200 corrections. But someone already found RWD jag based on fwd mondeo platform that can be only fwd or awd. Come on guys, you are British, there plenty UK cars in game, and you make mistake in newly released jag.
    3) Change with stat. Lot's of cards have changed 0-60 stats. It was not announced in notes. And looking at Tim's explanation (thanks for that), it is something new to dev team. But it took me a minute just looking at my cars to notice that change. It brings some suspect, whether they do any testing at all prior to release.

All in all, many hopes have been already smashed by reality.

Still, looking to try new campaign mode.
  • malsmals Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
    3 million spend on packs, 9 Ur, nothing better. FML and this algorhythm.

It hurts...
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    F2P?

• AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RobGripes said:
    F2P?

No.Why is this important?

• milewski1015milewski1015 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruvla said:
    I am confused regarding the update:
    1) New mode. While announcement created some excitement on something new in the game, in reality we can just have a look at new campaign, but no way to play. We have new currency in game required for this mode, but no information how we can get it.
    2) A bunch of new cars, already having 200 corrections. But someone already found RWD jag based on fwd mondeo platform that can be only fwd or awd. Come on guys, you are British, there plenty UK cars in game, and you make mistake in newly released jag.
    3) Change with stat. Lot's of cards have changed 0-60 stats. It was not announced in notes. And looking at Tim's explanation (thanks for that), it is something new to dev team. But it took me a minute just looking at my cars to notice that change. It brings some suspect, whether they do any testing at all prior to release.

All in all, many hopes have been already smashed by reality.

Still, looking to try new campaign mode.
    To answer your first question, I found this in the help section in-game

• _HighVoltage__HighVoltage_ Posts: 247 ✭✭✭✭
    But because the currently running events don’t award renown trophies we will have to wait 2-3 days to try the new mode? That’s the way I understand it. 
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But because the currently running events don’t award renown trophies we will have to wait 2-3 days to try the new mode? That’s the way I understand it. 
    They should honestly grant everyone xxx Renown points, just so we can all go play with it for a bit.
  • Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Posts: 667 admin
    For changes to 0-60 times and race times, see this thread:
    https://forums.hutchgames.com/discussion/8540/pl11-changes-in-0-60-times-of-non-corrected-upgraded-cars-and-race-times

One of the biggest ones is that races are simulated at 60fps instead of 30fps now, so a lot of times will change.
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikes said:

2.5 million in premiums got me this, very happy.
    Holy ****. I spent about the same and gor one epic and two Ultra Rares
    These patch premiums like me for some reason 🙈
  • aelburtaelburt Posts: 95 ✭✭✭
    There will be also for Amazon store? 
  • _HighVoltage__HighVoltage_ Posts: 247 ✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    They should honestly grant everyone xxx Renown points, just so we can all go play with it for a bit.

Yes, the starter packs for the Great Exploration should include 100 renown points, just to allow us access to the new mode (tease us) and then we can work to build our balance over the next few weeks. @Hutch_Robin

Otherwise, what is the point of advertising a new game mode if people can't really play it?
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RobGripes said:
    F2P?

No.Why is this important?

Just my curiosity really. I've gone a year without an S pull so as a keen conspiracy theorist and F2P player I am looking if my experience is mirrored elsewhere.
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Posts: 786 ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm 🤔
    I noticed that, but the Nissan patrols are similar (e.g. '86 and '87) so it's probably not something specific to the new update.
  • xaratsarhsxaratsarhs Posts: 380 ✭✭✭
    What do you mean? The one in top looking to the other side...
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new dark outlining around the upgrade stars looks like bad jpeg artifacting at best.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeebus!  6 Bentley prize cars added, epic & above!
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 906 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. But if you would look closely you would see, same number plates
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    REALAIS said:
    Yes. But if you would look closely you would see, same number plates
    If you would read again you might feel the sarcasm in the comment :). You are rigt about the carpics, its the same, used for two different cards.

• NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why does this new elan have more handling with the same stats (same power, torque, and weight) as the old one?
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why does this new elan have more handling with the same stats (same power, torque, and weight) as the old one?
    After researching it, they're the same car 
    Lol Hutch don't care about that. The two RQ20 BMW 640ds are proof.
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24
    I'm starting to notice the times for 969 vs 699 have changed AGAIN. Still don't know how or why 699 loses in a slalom test to 969. For example, the 699 Autodelta runs a 29.11 in slalom while the 969 Autodelta runs a 28.80. Why is there such a huge discrepancy between the two tunes??? 
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O__VER said:

I find it extremely hard to believe that Land Rover made their second gen Freelander worse at handling.
    Newer added car must be better than old one, that's it. There is no other reason why those two are better...
  • RWareRWare Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭✭✭
    P-O-W-E-R   C-R-E-E-P

Forced, of course.
  • malsmals Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
    edited January 24
    ¿Por qué este nuevo elan tiene más manejo con las mismas estadísticas (misma potencia, par y peso) que el anterior?