Lunar New Year!

Hutch_KatieHutch_Katie Posts: 221 admin
edited February 3 in General Discussion

Year of the Rat features cars from 1936, 1948, 1960, 1972, 1984, 1996, 2008, 2020, the years in the Chinese Zodiac. These cars are temporarily tagged for this celebration period. Bundle packs will award these cars, offering all 5 cars from this group, regular Year of the Rat packs offer 1 or 2 cars from this group, as standard. Build up your Rat Pack on the road to success!

1. Claim your Lunar New Year ...Of The Rat Standard Starter Pack.

2. Take advantage of the various special Year of the Rat bundle offers in the store, offering great value.

3. Join the bonus Year of the Rat Kick Off Event to play your new cars with the chance to win more from regular Rat Packs!

4. Play the 7 Day Rat Race Super Challenge starting Friday 31st at 10pm GMT! 3 star each level to win awesome prize cars along with special Year of the Rat packs!

1. Two days longer, with one fewer round, and fewer tickets with ticket regen every 6 hours

2. Win two prize cars in this Challenge. The Alfa Romeo SZ (1989) can be won after race 16 of 24.

3. The end of the Challenge allows you to claim your Chrysler 300 SRT-8 (2005).

5. Be quick to earn the Alfa Romeo SZ over the weekend, because it is your ticket to access to the Lunar Silver Event! A bonus event with boosted prizes of regular packs. This will run from Sunday to Wednesday, so you better ensure you qualify in time to join! This mixed surface event will only allow non-prize cars.

6. Beat the challenge and claim the Chrysler 300 SRT-8 (2005) in order to enter the Lunar Gold event starting Friday 8th! Prizes on offer are boosted in gold and huge numbers of packs. This on road event will only allow non-prize cars.

(Edit: An earlier version of this post incorrectly listed the Alpine A310 V6 Group 4/B (1983) as a prize. This has been corrected).

Edit 3/02/2020: We've made updates to the event:

•     Round 3 is now Easier
  •     Increased tickets from every 6 to every 4 hours
  •     Silver event prizes are now shown
  •     Deadline to join the event (Wednesday 10pm UTC)

Post edited by Hutch_Katie on

Comments

• AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds awesome!
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thumbs up hutch! Sounds great! 
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a little confused.

7-Day Challenge (starting 01/31)
    - Round 18 awards Alfa Romeo SZ
    - Round 27 (final round) awards Renault Alpine A310 V6 Group 4/B

The notes then say to beat the challenge, in order to win the Chrysler 300 SRT-8 and enter the Lunar Gold event.

What challenge awards the Chrysler?
  • RWareRWare Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Props for getting this up.

Well done. Looking forward to the prospect of earning a prize car in a less stressful manner.
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 520 ✭✭✭
    Very good news. Challenge seems will be hard.
  • Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Posts: 645 admin
    HeissRod said:
    I'm a little confused.

7-Day Challenge (starting 01/31)
    - Round 18 awards Alfa Romeo SZ
    - Round 27 (final round) awards Renault Alpine A310 V6 Group 4/B

The notes then say to beat the challenge, in order to win the Chrysler 300 SRT-8 and enter the Lunar Gold event.

What challenge awards the Chrysler?
    Well spotted, that was an error - it's the SZ for Round 18 and the Chrysler 300 SRT-8 for Round 27.
    Thanks for the clarification, Tim!
  • lukec436lukec436 Posts: 121 ✭✭✭
    Loving this. 
    Although I I wish I could have the Renault over the 300. But hey, we can't all be winners
  • vossixvossix Posts: 486 ✭✭✭✭
    6 hours for a ticket is long 😕
  • Destroyer2k11999Destroyer2k11999 Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone feel they missed the opportunity to put in some fun (and non-verifiable) Rat-rod draggers as a prize for this challenge and event? Just a cool, quick car that isnt so uptight for this game.
  • TGPDTGPD Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Round 3 anyone?
  • _HighVoltage__HighVoltage_ Posts: 222 ✭✭✭✭
    I’m stuck on it too. Can’t beat that TVR with anything I have. 
  • MSRZ23MSRZ23 Posts: 88 ✭✭✭
    Events like these make this game fun again. SZ is my fav Alfa and im happy that I will get a chance to get it. 

Hopefully we will have similar events in the future on a regular basis. Maybe 4 times a year.
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have to say this Lunar event is pretty well done. It reminds me a lot of the huge, month-long events you get in games like FIFA where you have to build up and fuse cards on your way towards getting the top prizes.

The two day event that awards prize packs that may be useful for the week-long challenge is a very nice way to do it.

A bit of a UI reskin to go with the event, and perhaps a bit more excitement built up around the whole thing and you'd almost be on the same level as FIFA. Good job with this one @Hutch_Robin
    Ticket refresh too long :/
    Game's relying on long-term events such as the Yellowbird and this... I wish ticket resets were 3hrs or maybe 2
  • Robbie_CheauxRobbie_Cheaux Posts: 131 ✭✭✭
    Id like to know the drop rates for the ("great value"😂😂) lunar new year cfs....
    And round 3 is impossible for me so i wont get all the prize cars and wont be able to join the events... really hutch?
    Seems like not having a C2R2 is coming back to bite me on the ****
    You can probably substitute a second C15 Lotus
    Trying an incredibly unbalanced hand with the TVR Tasmin T350i on the 5th slot. Maxing it furiously.

Dodge Laser XT
    Superlight
    TVR 1600M
    C15 Elise
    Tasmin T350i

Fingers crossed.
  • KrDalleKrDalle Posts: 187 ✭✭✭
    No prize cars?
    I used my levante ^^
    But no good rat drag car here. Is there one out there?
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:

nice... good suggestion!!
  • RuvlaRuvla Posts: 105 ✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:

Superlight
    some low RQ good handler
    TVR
    C2-R2
    Denali XT (good point saver)

Passed with dozens points, cause superlight smashes first race
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how the brackets will fill in the silver event on Sunday. Without buying tickets, you can't get the Alfa till Monday evening. And even then there's no room for mistakes, because each one will cost you 6 more hours.
    edited February 1

For those of you who do have a Superlight, here's what to do.
    The Laser loses about 140 points but it is all redeemed by the Superlight in Round 2.
    RQ's perfect as well ;)
    Apparently, rounds 17-20 are all snow off-road tracks.
  • Parimal_2000Parimal_2000 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Robin would really appreciate if you guys can reduce the difficulty for round 3. The Griffith is too hard to beat without a super light.
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 520 ✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Robin would really appreciate if you guys can reduce the difficulty for round 3. The Griffith is too hard to beat without a super light.
    Superlight or 3x C2R2
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KrDalle said:
    No prize cars?
    I used my levante ^^
    But no good rat drag car here. Is there one out there?
    The RQ15 Chevrolet Corvette C4 isn’t bad. 151/4.7/74 at 996
This discussion has been closed.