PL11.0 - Server Patch - February 2020

Following a number of players reporting incomplete brackets over the weekend, the team has released a HotFix.

What happened?
During the event, more brackets were being created than usual. For those who like more technical information: The Server Team identified code causing High CPU load during events and subsequently High CPU load resulted in more brackets being created.

The 'Late Join' fix is working correctly during events, no new brackets were created past the set cut-off time over the weekend. However, because there were so many brackets created, players that joined late could find themselves with few opponents.

What is the fix?
We have released a HotFix that will reduce the CPU Load and this should mean fewer brackets are created for players. The fix is a little speculative, and we will only know for sure if the issue is resolved after a couple of events have completed.

Comments

• TGPDTGPD Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically we're beta testing this update
  • TopDivesTopDives Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭
    High CPU load resulted in more brackets being created?
    That doesn't sound right.
    If nothing else, more brackets will result in higher cpu load. More instances running, more code running needing more processing.
  • RWareRWare Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is the next Finale the test then? For your fix? Or can this be concluded after a handful of Ceramic and Daily events are run?
  • TopDivesTopDives Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    This update?
  • Hutch_KatieHutch_Katie Posts: 239 admin
    TGPD said:

Yes, that is how we've had to do this.

RWare said:
    So is the next Finale the test then? For your fix? Or can this be concluded after a handful of Ceramic and Daily events are run?

The team have checked over the events that started last night and the behaviour looked to be fine. We will review Wednesday's event to ensure that it is still behaving as expected. A Tri-Series is the real test of the fix due to the high volumes of players in the event and more brackets being created during this time.

• greddygreddy Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 4
    Ofcourse lets test things on tri series finale. Sounds normal thing to do along with 15cf to buy, just to be sure you have garage strong enough to perform such a test. 
  • StyxingerStyxinger Posts: 87 ✭✭
    Late joining party! I think now there will be 10x more late joiners...
    How about a 1 day event ending at a day without extra events... like... Tuesdays.
    1-10 3 cf 10-40 1 cf and so on. And joinable 1h before the end with everybody encouraged to late join (extra ceramic for joining <5min).

Just for testing. And nearly all would take part, easy packages, not price cars and a good test.

At least I'll try latejoining until its definitley fixed. Last Sunday was a farce for all weekend players like me.
  • _HighVoltage__HighVoltage_ Posts: 225 ✭✭✭✭
    So does that mean that more people won the Lamborghini than they should have? If that's the case, it really doesn't seem fair to the rest of players who had to compete hard
  • AvengedAvenged Posts: 520 ✭✭✭✭
    So what's the compensation for those in tougher brackets? Some **** won it in a bracket with like 2 players I think. Screenshot was posted somewhere.
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    as beta tester, how Hutch think to reward this poor beta-tester? maybe a CF? :D:D:D
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭✭✭

Er... since this update, my bracket has filled with US players (it think US?)

Please can you tell me if this means i am now stick on the US server from now on like some others who are continuing to be stuck on a foreign server?

• baestbaest Posts: 541 ✭✭✭✭
    What happened?
    During the event, more brackets were being created than usual. For those who like more technical information: The Server Team identified code causing High CPU load during events and subsequently High CPU load resulted in more brackets being created. 
    What? Said code must be significantly busted for this scenario to play out.