Challenge S2A2 March Announcement

Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Posts: 648 admin

Challenge Season 2, Arc 2 concludes!

The Challenge Season consists of one weekday and one weekend challenge a month, with three months making one arc, and three arcs making one season. These are designed to reward committed players, so once you have completed challenges in three arcs in a row you can win a Carbon Fiber every month and prize cars at the end of each arc.

If you’re just starting now, you still have a chance to qualify for an extra Ceramic every month, and a Carbon Fiber for the first 2 months of each arc; you can qualify for all Season prizes from Season 3 Arc 2 onwards.
Make sure to hold on to your VW Type 2’s as you’ll need these to complete future challenge arcs!

Season 2 Arc 2 March qualifier
Sunday 8th March - Friday 13th March
Third chance to win a 1970 VW Type 2!

Season 2 Arc 2 March Type 2 owners’ challenge
Friday 13th March - Sunday 15th March
2x 1970 VW Type 2 owners can enter this special weekend challenge

Beat the qualifier challenge to win a 1970 VW Type 2, not available from packs. This will grant access to the weekend challenge, and the more Season challenges you have completed, the further you can progress - details below.

The weekend challenge will require some cars from one particular manufacturer. Niklas has a hint for what it is.

S2A2 March Type 2 owners’ challenge, requirements and prizes
Zone 1: 2x 1970 VW Type 2, win 3k cash
Zone 2: 1x mystery manufacturer, win a Ceramic pack
Zone 3: 2x 1966 VW Type 2, win 6k cash
Zone 4: 2x mystery manufacturer, win 10 Slots
Zone 5: 1x Austin, win 12k cash
Zone 6: 3x mystery manufacturer, win a Carbon Fiber pack
Zone 7: 3x 1970 VW Type 2, win 15k cash
Zone 8: 4x mystery manufacturer, win the RQ21 1995 Acura NSX-T prize car

Prize car requirements for upcoming challenges
Season 2 Arc 3 will run through April/May/June 2020, and prize car requirements will only be the Season 2 1966,1970 and 1979 VW Type 2’s, consistent with the requirement for players to have played through 3 challenge arcs. The final prize will be the RQ26 1999 Lamborghini Diablo GT prize car.

Good luck!

Comments

• O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure it's been discussed yet but maybe Plymouth for the weekend challenge? Clue was 'beeps twice' which instantly made me think Roadrunner...
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 11
    O__VER said:
    Not sure it's been discussed yet but maybe Plymouth for the weekend challenge? Clue was 'beeps twice' which instantly made me think Roadrunner...
    Good guess, only 9 Plymouths though, most of them useless.
    Ozzman said:
    O__VER said:
    Good guess, only 9 Plymouths though, most of them useless.
    That's what I thought too – not very exciting cars. I am on the lookout for more Plymouths from prizeboards because I have never really paid much attention to them. Only had three saved.
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 561 ✭✭✭
    edited March 11
    Sounds cool, but that brand has only 9 cars in total from which 1 is prize car.

First clue was Animal.
    And I am guessing for Lamborghini. 
    Because it brand logo has Bull with two horns.
    REALAIS said:
    Sounds cool, but that brand has only 9 cars in total from which 1 is prize car.

First clue was Animal.
    And I am guessing for Lamborghini. 
    Because it brand logo has Bull with two horns.
    Same could be said of RAM. But yes you're probably right.  :D
  • 43MK443MK4 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ****, accidentally sold my VW prize car this morning...
    Hows Hutch at returning them to players?
    Already contacted support. 
    43MK4 said:
    ****, accidentally sold my VW prize car this morning...
    Hows Hutch at returning them to players?
    Already contacted support. 
    This will be special occasion, I dont doubt them to return this car for you or anyone else.
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:

The Challenge Season consists of one weekday and one weekend challenge a month, with three months making one arc, and three arcs making one season. These are designed to reward committed players, so once you have completed challenges in three arcs in a row you can win a Carbon Fiber every month and prize cars at the end of each arc.

If you’re just starting now, you still have a chance to qualify for an extra Ceramic every month, and a Carbon Fiber for the first 2 months of each arc; you can qualify for all Season prizes from Season 3 Arc 2 onwards.
    Make sure to hold on to your VW Type 2’s as you’ll need these to complete future challenge arcs!

Beat the qualifier challenge to win a 1970 VW Type 2, not available from packs. This will grant access to the weekend challenge, and the more Season challenges you have completed, the further you can progress - details below.

The weekend challenge will require some cars from one particular manufacturer. Niklas has a hint for what it is.

Season 2 Arc 3 will run through April/May/June 2020, and prize car requirements will only be the Season 2 1966,1970 and 1979 VW Type 2’s, consistent with the requirement for players to have played through 3 challenge arcs. The final prize will be the RQ26 1999 Lamborghini Diablo GT prize car.

Good luck!
    I forgot, do you need all the vans to get the diablo in the end? I think I missed 2, one of each
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 14
    TD42792 said:
    Hutch_Tim said:

Good luck!
    I forgot, do you need all the vans to get the diablo in the end? I think I missed 2, one of each
    Believe so, since you need the NSX if I remember correctly and round 4 of this weekend challenge needs 1970 Type 2 x3

Edit: Appears you don’t. You’ll just have to get all three of the next VW
    “To win the Lamborghini in June 2020, you’ll need all three 1979 VW Type 2's from Arc 3, at least two 1970 VW Type 2's from Arc 2, and at least 2 1966 VW Type 2's from Arc 1.”
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    Hutch_Tim said:

Good luck!
    Believe so, since you need the NSX if I remember correctly and round 4 of this weekend challenge needs 1970 Type 2 x3

Edit: Appears you don’t. You’ll just have to get all three of the next VW
    “To win the Lamborghini in June 2020, you’ll need all three 1979 VW Type 2's from Arc 3, at least two 1970 VW Type 2's from Arc 2, and at least 2 1966 VW Type 2's from Arc 1.”
    Alright, cool, thanks for retrieving this!
  • AyahuasqueroAyahuasquero Posts: 4
    Hi, any idea how I can beat these cars?
  • StyxingerStyxinger Posts: 87 ✭✭

Any hints for round 8?
    My setup loses by far. 
  • RuvlaRuvla Posts: 118 ✭✭✭
    edited March 14
    Styxinger said:

Any hints for round 8?
    My setup loses by far. 
    Chevy (3rd card) has no advantage on drag and takes points.
    Put vans on first and 3rd tracks.
    Put good offroad handler on track 2 (you def is good).
    On track 4 you need decent offroad hillclimber (merc)

edited March 14
    Styxinger said:

Any hints for round 8?
    My setup loses by far. 
    You need better Hillclimber. You dont have it?

This is the best.
    969 does 32:71!

You need atleast this then,
    969 does 44:20

This one is good too (Better than same 280GE, I tested maxed ones)

I found out, cost me 100 gold... 
    Twizy slalom, then the 2 vw, blazer hillclimb and dodge drag. A really tight win, I think all cars must be maxed fully
    Styxinger said:

Twizy slalom, then the 2 vw, blazer hillclimb and dodge drag. A really tight win, I think all cars must be maxed fully
    Next time you find, dont sell RQ13 Escalade

Nissan slalom loses, 
    Ford wins curvy,
    vw wins 50 motocross, 
    VW loses hillclimb 50,
    Dodge wins over 250 on drag. Got it

• 0liver770liver77 Posts: 215 ✭✭✭
    I made it with this hand:

But had to switch 3rd and 4th car.
  • cm23cm23 Posts: 5
    Does anyone have a lineup for round 9?
  • Yama_sanYama_san Posts: 58 ✭✭
    I really don't like format of this challenge, too harsh and frustrating. If you missed one van like 6 months ago you can't play for better than a Ceramic...
  • sinnersinner Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cm23 said:

• Yama_sanYama_san Posts: 58 ✭✭

Put your vans on Race 1 and Race 3 (max them first).

For the other races I also used 3 STD tyres obviously, maxed.
    I think I used:
    RQ8 - VW Touran (Mazda 2 or Suzuki Baleno may also work)
    RQ6 - Ford Focus Coupe-Cabriolet (many other small STD RQ6 cars may also work)
    RQ5 - Vauxhall Tigra TwinTop (Corsa 1.4, Honda Jazz, Ford B-Max may also work).
  • AyahuasqueroAyahuasquero Posts: 4
    Yama_san said:

Put your vans on Race 1 and Race 3 (max them first).

For the other races I also used 3 STD tyres obviously, maxed.
    I think I used:
    RQ8 - VW Touran (Mazda 2 or Suzuki Baleno may also work)
    RQ6 - Ford Focus Coupe-Cabriolet (many other small STD RQ6 cars may also work)
    RQ5 - Vauxhall Tigra TwinTop (Corsa 1.4, Honda Jazz, Ford B-Max may also work).
    I did it. Thanks! I just put vans on race 1 and 3.
  • cm23cm23 Posts: 5
    sinner said:
    cm23 said:

Thank you! Worked like a charm! 
    REALAIS said:
    Styxinger said:

Next time you find, dont sell RQ13 Escalade
    I have 2 of them, but I did not expect that standard tires will work well on dirt
  • tomi000tomi000 Posts: 2
    Thanks Hutch for punishing players who didnt join 9 Months(!!!) ago. By now my garage is good enough so that I dont even have to retry any race in the normal challenges and relatively easily beat every weekend challenge until the point where I need darned Austins! It seems its not even enough to be rich to enjoy all of this game anymore, you have to be rich and playing for a year.
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tomi000 said:
    Thanks Hutch for punishing players who didnt join 9 Months(!!!) ago. By now my garage is good enough so that I dont even have to retry any race in the normal challenges and relatively easily beat every weekend challenge until the point where I need darned Austins! It seems its not even enough to be rich to enjoy all of this game anymore, you have to be rich and playing for a year.
    That is literally the goal of this challenge - to reward long-time loyal players
    Wait till someone realizes they can't get the lambo without having the correct buses.
    I'll be waiting and watching with my popcorn

• WizardOfLoz2_77WizardOfLoz2_77 Posts: 31 ✭✭
    Someone's bound to ask, so for Round 20 ( the one before the $15000), the following line-up works:
    1: VW Van
    2. F-150 Raptor
    3. VW Van
    4. VW Van
    5. Furai
  • MikeManNZMikeManNZ Posts: 216 ✭✭✭
    Any idea for Round 19 for those of us who do not have a Copo, Chrion or Demon?