Skip to content

trophies based races bracket

2»

Comments

• Snaetch89Snaetch89 Posts: 88 ✭✭
    I say it again, make the ranking based on trophies and tri-series prizecars won. Then make prizecars available for all events. Garages would still differ from event to event. they could even keep their trophy based ranking as it is right now with the steps at 3k and 6k or whatever it is and just add 0 tri-series prizecars won, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10+
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 12
    All this suggestions f**** long term players. Most of newer players would like to see 50k+ players competing against each other, while themselves would compete for same prizes with 4k trophy players.

• DrizztSalvatoreDrizztSalvatore Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    edited August 12
    here's a novelle idea only look at results on a rolling basis  for the previous 6 months for example and award points (trophies) for tier finishes
    100 bracket T1 = 50, T2 = 40,  T3 = 25, T4 = 10
    300 bracket as T1 - T4.  150,  120,  75,  30
    500 bracket T1 -T4.  500, 400, 250, 100
    points are based on final placings of all tournaments from Feb (month 2) to July (month 7)
    after 31st August 22.:00 hrs all points accrued in Feb are removed and points accrued in August are added.

So garage strength is always based on performance on the last 6 months only, so long term players are not penalised for having historic cars in their garage and winning trophies(points) over the years they have played.

Everyone who has been here 6 months or more is treated equally the more tournaments you win the higher your points so you are matched with other high winners...those less than 6 months will have low points so will only race against other low points
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭✭✭
    here's a novelle idea only look at results on a rolling basis  for the previous 6 months for example and award points (trophies) for tier finishes
    100 bracket T1 = 50, T2 = 40,  T3 = 25, T4 = 10
    300 bracket as T1 - T4.  150,  120,  75,  30
    500 bracket T1 -T4.  500, 400, 250, 100
    points are based on final placings of all tournaments from Feb (month 2) to July (month 7)
    after 31st August 22.:00 hrs all points accrued in Feb are removed and points accrued in August are added.

So garage strength is always based on performance on the last 6 months only, so long term players are not penalised for having historic cars in their garage and winning trophies(points) over the years they have played.

Everyone who has been here 6 months or more is treated equally the more tournaments you win the higher your points so you are matched with other high winners...those less than 6 months will have low points so will only race against other low points
    I quite like it. Similar to resetting trophy counts periodically. Simple, yet much better than what we have now.
    But TBH, I don't think Hutch will even consider changing matchmaking. Making whales' life harder and F2Ps' easier? Don't think so.
  • thebigbadwolfthebigbadwolf Posts: 230 ✭✭✭
    The rolling reset is a great suggestion
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 829 ✭✭✭
    01718 said:
    Only a tiny fraction of players regularly reach T1 or T2. Those players have
    a) spent loads of money
    b) grind like crazy
    c) have a long history of play top drives (and they master the game)
    d) had incredible luck at a critical phase of the game (say after the IR update dropped they pulled some rq 30 legendaries)

Point a to d are not exclusive. If you have played less than a year, don't plan to dump a lot of cash or have a meaningful life prohibiting you from spending at least some hours each day playing, you are never going to be successful on a regular basis. You still can win in clubs, win an occassional event, reach T2 or T3 in Tri Series, compete in challenges, play the campaign. If this is not enough, the game is not suited for you.

I firmly believe, that any change of the bracket system would just shift the problem. if, for example, after 3k trophies you are only matched with players below 6k, the players above 6 would have to face only stronger ones.
    The problem is not the trophy system it is the competitive nature of the game and the requirement of either money, time or both that locks you out.
    On my side, i do T2 regularly and T3 always. (10k trophies)

a) i did not spend a lot of money
    b) don't spend a lot of time (i should on the club)
    c) true, but that the aim of a game
    d) I am 11 C behind the average on my pull, still no 340r etc...

I have my best S maxed, the 12C (Yes this is still my best RQ cars) but i can compete for T1 in std events. 

Do attend something from me in IT. 

It's all about managing your strength, your weakness. I did T3 on the last tri-series, because of i didn't spend that much time (like i was 42)

On this tri-series, may be around T2-T3 again (and I really want the T3 reward)

Also, on RELAIS idea, Hutch made clear they don't want to punish people with strong low end garage. I have 134 Maxed F, i don't want to be punish because i have all the RQ10 maxed (for fun)

• greddygreddy Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AslanV said:
    d) I am 11 C behind the average on my pull, still no 340r etc...

950+ days, and still no 340R or jag xfs-v sportbreak.. 
  • 0171801718 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:
    Ozzman said:

BTW, how's Will? :)
    Lol sorry mate, just realised you posted this. Will is probably adoring his maxed Porsche 959 :):smiley:

Sorry, missed this, I’ve been busy...

Who is laughing now?
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    01718 said:
    BoxtaS said:
    Ozzman said:

BTW, how's Will? :)
    Lol sorry mate, just realised you posted this. Will is probably adoring his maxed Porsche 959 :):smiley:

Sorry, missed this, I’ve been busy...

Who is laughing now?
    Just looking at the picture, imagine taking a speed bump at 33mph... ouch
  • jakswanjakswan Posts: 4
    Only started playing Top Drives 6 months ago.

First few months felt like I was progressing well, hit rank 150 (now 500) with 4100 trophies.

I do realise that not everyone can progress in what is ultimately a PVP game and there has to be a bottleneck somewhere. 

I cannot see how I can ever catch a player who has been playing for more time and in every event played is getting a better payout.

Progression at this stage was at snails pace and I'm just making every event I join slightly easier for everyone.

I've reset and now and very careful when I go for higher tier prize, I think most people would just stop playing.

The necessary bottleneck comes too early, as a result I suspect the game suffers a higher churn rate than it should.