Jaguar XKR/RS Incorrect car + General Hierarchy needs addressing.

SCOOTYYYYYYYYSCOOTYYYYYYYY Posts: 42 ✭✭
Starting off with the 2008 Jaguar XKR A24 Where did they get the specs from for this car? From what I can find this car doesn't have 510Bhp which is suggested on the back of the card, rather 420Bhp form the 2007 Jaguar XKR. If this is the case the it's 0-60 stats are way off, unfortunately i don't have one to test its 1/4 mile etc. Also this car was limited to 155mph. This was always suspicious to me as this the least powerful XKR and the oldest was somehow faster than all the new alternatives... 
A24 Jaguar XKR75
They seem to have this car bang on. Maybe the power on the back should be changed to 530Bhp.

A23 Jaguar XKR175
Once again the specs are correct for this one. in this page it does state that the standard XKR was limited to 155.
A23 Jaguar XKR-S Convertible 
Car and driver tested this car and got it a tad faster than what jaguar claimed @4.2. They timed it at 4 seconds flat however calculated it probably could have done it around 3.7 seconds. Also shown on a previous post C&D hit 175 down a 1 mile runway with this car. I believe it should be noted for an improvement as the Jaguar XKR/S hierarchy at the minute is all over the place.
Links are as follows
XKR - https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a18200064/2007-jaguar-xkr-road-test/
XKR75 - https://www.netcarshow.com/jaguar/2010-xkr_75/ + https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/jaguar/xkr-s/first-drives/jaguar-xkr-75
XKR175 - https://www.automobilemag.com/news/2011-jaguar-xkr175/
XKR-S convertible - https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a15118675/2012-jaguar-xkr-s-convertible-first-drive-review/

Sorry for no tests with these, I don't have any of them stock.

Comments

• DodecaneDodecane Posts: 149 ✭✭✭
    I have both the 2008 XKR and the XKR-S convertible stock. What results do you need?
  • SCOOTYYYYYYYYSCOOTYYYYYYYY Posts: 42 ✭✭
    Dodecane said:
    I have both the 2008 XKR and the XKR-S convertible stock. What results do you need?
    For the 2008 the 1/4 mile time and speed would be useful please 
    Dodecane said:
    Problem is there are hardly any tests for the XKRS-Convertible at high speed other than the car and driver one of it hitting 175 down the mile. 
  • DodecaneDodecane Posts: 149 ✭✭✭

For comparison

Dodecane said:

For comparison

Thats interesting both the RS's are hitting faster than the XKR across the line, however its still a lot faster than it shouldbe . 13 seconds @109 for the normal XKR
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A24 Jaguar XKR
    • noted for year correction to 2010, the first year that the S/C 5.0 V8 was used, which matches the power specs.  The in-game car also matches the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times recorded by Car & Driver.  
    • The handling of this model will also be suggested to be reduced.  It should have the lowest handling score of all 5 XKR models.

A24 Jaguar XKR 75
    • Hutch uses HP figures, not BHP.  530 PS = 523hp, so no change noted for that.  
    • The 0-60 should drop, to be equal to the standard XKR, but with an MRA curve slightly better due to the small increase in HP, but not better than the XKR-S GT.  Suggestion submitted for that.

A23 Jaguar XKR 175
    • Top speed of the '175' model was increased to 174mph.  No change noted for that.  
    • This uses the same motor as the A24 XKR, so acceleration should be virtually identical.  Suggested lowering 0-60 to 4.0 and changing the MRA to be equal to the XKR.
    • Suggested dropping the 0-60 to 4.0.  It should not be lower than that, as it should not be equal to or faster than the XKR-S GT.
    • Suggested altering the MRA to slot between the XKR 75 and XKR-S GT, which a lean towards the XKR-S GT.

HeissRod said:
    A24 Jaguar XKR
    • noted for year correction to 2010, the first year that the S/C 5.0 V8 was used, which matches the power specs.  The in-game car also matches the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times recorded by Car & Driver.  
    • The handling of this model will also be suggested to be reduced.  It should have the lowest handling score of all 5 XKR models.

A24 Jaguar XKR 75
    • Hutch uses HP figures, not BHP.  530 PS = 523hp, so no change noted for that.  
    • The 0-60 should drop, to be equal to the standard XKR, but with an MRA curve slightly better due to the small increase in HP, but not better than the XKR-S GT.  Suggestion submitted for that.

A23 Jaguar XKR 175
    • Top speed of the '175' model was increased to 174mph.  No change noted for that.  
    • This uses the same motor as the A24 XKR, so acceleration should be virtually identical.  Suggested lowering 0-60 to 4.0 and changing the MRA to be equal to the XKR.
    • Suggested dropping the 0-60 to 4.0.  It should not be lower than that, as it should not be equal to or faster than the XKR-S GT.
    • Suggested altering the MRA to slot between the XKR 75 and XKR-S GT, which a lean towards the XKR-S GT.

All changes sounds good
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 76 ✭✭
    Just a question, what is the difference between the 75 and the 175? They have the same speed?
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 76 ✭✭
    OK ! Will fuse my 175 then! The 75 should always win...