Jaguar XJ13

Benbenx2Benbenx2 Posts: 100
Should have ultra expensive tag
http://race-car-replicas.com/rcr-xj13

Comments

• HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 25
    A link to a site that creates replicas is not really proof of the value of the car.  Finding a better source for that $7 million quote would be a good start.
  • juan_cruz_96juan_cruz_96 Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    edited March 25
    Quote from this site: "1966 Jaguar XJ13: The 1966 Jaguar XJ13 is a prototype racing car that was launched by Jaguar in 1966. Only one model was made, and though it boasts a top speed of 274 km/hr (170 mph) and 0-100 km/hr acceleration (0-60 mph) in just 3.4 seconds, due to various circumstances it was never raced. This one-of-a-kind car is valued at $15 million."

https://www.jaguarannapolis.com/most-expensive-jaguars-in-the-world/

I also want to point out that this car has ridiculously high handling, more than modern cars, having no asistance like powersteer whatsoever; while the rest of the classic racecars from the same brand, same era (aproximatly), have way worst handling. I think that should be revised.

• HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 25
    I submitted that link and another link I found, for the tag addition.

As for the handling, none of those cars are really from the same era.  I get the questioning, but the closest car in your comparison is 6 years older and was a road car converted for BTCC use.  This was a car specifically built from the ground up to compete in LeMans.
    Post edited by HeissRod on
  • JaguarDTMJaguarDTM Posts: 30
    HeissRod said:

As for the handling, none of those cars are really from the same era.  I get the questioning, but the closest car in your comparison is 6 years older and was a road car converted for BTCC use.  This was a car specifically built from the ground up to compete in LeMans.
    Question, would the 0-60/top speed change be noted? Also feel as though the XJ13's MRA should be reviewed. 
  • juan_cruz_96juan_cruz_96 Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:

Yes, you're right, my comparison is inconsistent. Let's look this for another angle:  I honestly think that a car from the 60' with just less than 1000 kg, no ABS, no TC, no power steer can have the same handling score as modern cars with all this driving assistances. The Lambos are heavier but with TC, ABS and 4WD which affects handling, the Elise is lighter and has ABS, so it should handle better. I'm not saying that the Jag doesn't handle great IRL, but not as great as some others in-game rated at the same handling score. Nor I mean it should have 77 handling, but lower than 85 for sure IMO.
    I also want to have real life lap times to back this up, but there's only 1 prototype in the world and it's surely in a museum or a private collection.