Challenge Season 2 Arc 3 begins!

The Challenge Season consists of one weekday and one weekend challenge a month, with three months making one arc, and three arcs making one season. These are designed to reward committed players, so once you have completed challenges in three arcs in a row you can win a Carbon Fiber every month and prize cars at the end of each arc.

If you’re just starting now, you still have a chance to qualify for an extra Ceramic every month, and a Carbon Fiber for the first 2 months of each arc; you can qualify for all Season prizes from Season 3 Arc 2 onwards.

Make sure to hold on to your VW Type 2’s as you’ll need these to complete future challenge arcs!

Season 2 Arc 3 April qualifier:
Sunday 12th April - Friday 17th April
First chance to win a 1979 VW Type 2! Requires All-surface cars

Season 2 Arc 3 April Type 2 owners’ challenge:
Friday 17th April - Sunday 19th April
1979 VW Type 2 owners can enter this special weekend challenge

Beat the qualifier challenge to win a 1979 VW Type 2, not available from packs. This will grant access to the weekend challenge, and the more Season challenges you have completed, the further you can progress - details below.

The weekend challenge will require some cars from one particular manufacturer. Leoni has a hint for what it is.

S2A3 April Type 2 owners’ challenge, requirements and prizes:
Zone 1: 1x 1979 VW Type 2, win 8k cash
Zone 2: 1x mystery manufacturer, win a Ceramic pack
Zone 3: 1x 1970 VW Type 2, win 12k cash
Zone 4: 3x mystery manufacturer, win a Carbon Fiber pack
Zone 5: BONUS EXPERT ROUND, 1x 1966 VW type 2, win 16k cash
Zone 6: BONUS EXPERT ROUND, 4x mystery manufacturer, win a Ceramic pack

Prize car requirements for upcoming challenges:
Season 2 Arc 3 will run through April/May/June 2020, and prize car requirements will be the Season 2 1966,1970 and 1979 VW Type 2’s, consistent with the requirement for players to have played through 3 challenge arcs. The final prize will be the RQ26 1999 Lamborghini Diablo GT prize car, and will require 3x 1979 VW Type 2s (which you can win in April, May and June); 2x 1970 VW Type 2's, and 2x 1966 VW Type 2's.
Good luck!

Comments

• Master3194Master3194 Posts: 393
    edited April 12
    The Car in Event of 3 Months Arc 3 is Volkswagen Caravelle T3.
  • bertmcfishbertmcfish Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    Any ideas for stage 9?
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 18
    Put the bus on hairpin wet and a strong STD car on twisty road wet (not the opposite). I used ELR.

Rq7 XR2 on city.
    Beat on twisty road dry.
    Twizy f1 on hairpin dry.

same works for round 10
  • bertmcfishbertmcfish Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    Put the bus on hairpin wet and a strong STD car on twisty road wet (not the opposite). I used ELR.

Rq7 XR2 on city.
    Beat on twisty road dry.
    Twizy f1 on hairpin dry.

same works for round 10
    Thanks - I had a set that worked, just needed to swap the wet tracks 
  • StyxingerStyxinger Posts: 121 ✭✭
    Has anybody saved round 7 and 8. I'm missing about 6 to 15 points. Best 4wd Std is cts coupe rq22. I also have the Caterham rq19 and rq17 elr. Thx
  • bluedogsnoopbluedogsnoop Posts: 779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Styxinger said:
    Has anybody saved round 7 and 8. I'm missing about 6 to 15 points. Best 4wd Std is cts coupe rq22. I also have the Caterham rq19 and rq17 elr. Thx

These are from the IGF. Since I am on R16 next and did not save my rounds.

• StyxingerStyxinger Posts: 121 ✭✭
    OK, thanks. I idiot had vw type 2 in my deck. Lol I managed to do round 5 and 6 with it! 
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also struggled in rounds 5-7 before realizing in round 8 that i dont need the VW in my hand :).
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, missed my bus because I got the spinning circle in a race just before 10pm last night. Support so far ignoring my ticket. This looks to be the straw that broke the camels back for me.
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    Well, missed my bus because I got the spinning circle in a race just before 10pm last night. Support so far ignoring my ticket. This looks to be the straw that broke the camels back for me.
    I also had problems and couldnt play in the evening. I think support should look into oyur account if your hand is legit and give out the car after that. This event is supposed to please longtime players, not annoy them though issues like yours. Good luck

• Yama_sanYama_san Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    edited April 18
    Winning hand for rounds 10 (+ 11 and 12):
    1) Opel Kadett GT/E (RQ8)
    2) Lotus Eclat (RQ10)
    3) Mazda RX-7 (RQ12)
    4) the bus
    5) Chevrolet Cruze SW (RQ7) - but lot of other RQ6/7 with standard tyres should do the work.
    -- all maxed

I don't remember my hands for previous rounds, but for round 8 I used the VW New Beetle (RQ15) which is a 4WD PER too, to beat the first car (the RQ23).
    I remember I also used the Jaguar XJ-S (RQ17) but I'm sure it's overkill. The Lotus Elise are def good options for these rounds (not so difficult anyway, with a decent garage).
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also struggled in rounds 5-7 before realizing in round 8 that i dont need the VW in my hand :).
    Haha I made a similar mistake when it required the Type 2. I misread it as 2x, wasted about 3 tickets and was about to post on the forum that it was impossible.
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 663 ✭✭✭
    edited April 18
    I will make very unpopular post.

But maybe it is not necessary to farm Weekly challenge till last possible ticket knowing that anytime at events finishing time game can have connection issues.
    And saying ignoring? Ofcourse.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 18
    When I farm challenges, I always finish farming about 2 tickets worth of time before the end, to allow another try if something goes wrong.
    What do you call "farming challenges"?
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 18
    Get to the last stage before the time ends, then purposely get two star wins, in order to turn over prize cards.
    Round 18 is a beach
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 877 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    That sucks. But it shouldn't be a problem for support to give you the bus in such a case in my opinion. Hope it works out for you.
    Btw I had similar connection problems but gladly I finished the challenge on Thursday. 
  • axel_rlyaxel_rly Posts: 8
    Stuck in round 17. Any advise?
    I have failed 4 times already, this setup makes 241/250

• chemineecheminee Posts: 80 ✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    Round 18 is a beach
    Took 4 tries but I just finished it with the vw on the first track, 2x beats on slaloms. Rq7 mito on city and veyron ss on the 1 mile.
    cheminee said:
    TD42792 said:
    Round 18 is a beach
    Took 4 tries but I just finished it with the vw on the first track, 2x beats on slaloms. Rq7 mito on city and veyron ss on the 1 mile.

what is the mito?
  • kolov7kolov7 Posts: 317 ✭✭✭
    axel_rly said:

Try putting some high end car on 1 mile and all of them use two honda beat and rq 9 car,put the bus on city and should be good

cheminee said:
    TD42792 said:
    Round 18 is a beach
    Thanks man, avoids me a few more attempts :smile:
    axel_rly said:
    cheminee said:
    TD42792 said:
    Round 18 is a beach

what is the mito?

TD42792 said:
    cheminee said:
    TD42792 said:
    Round 18 is a beach
    Thanks man, avoids me a few more attempts :smile:
    Works for round 20 aswell 😁
    cheminee said:
    axel_rly said:
    cheminee said:
    TD42792 said:
    Round 18 is a beach

what is the mito?

thnks!
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 663 ✭✭✭
    Same tactics I used. Balanced hand wasn't good enough
  • OCTheEagleOCTheEagle Posts: 5
    Tactic I used for round 18
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    axel_rly said:

You probably passed this by now, but if not, swap the RQ10 Plymouth for the RQ10 Chevrolet Impala SS427 (if you have it). It wins by more on the mile due to higher top speed.
    +247 :(  with this hand:

Renault Laguna (RQ6): +59
    Lancia Beta (RQ8): +54
    bus (RQ3): -309
    Honda Beat (RQ4): +82
    Porsche 962C (RQ29): +361

Any suggestion?

Maybe switching the Laguna and the bus to lose less?

Do we need to max that bus? Upgrades seem useless for the 1966 bus. But I'm 6-6-6 for now. Not sure maxing it would be enough to get 3 points more on that third race.
This discussion has been closed.