PL11.2 RQ Revolution Discussion Thread

Comments

• REALAISREALAIS Posts: 663 ✭✭✭
    They would have those packs already opened.
  • juan_cruz_96juan_cruz_96 Posts: 238 ✭✭✭
    43MK4 said:
    Hmmm, I wonder what that means:

"In-App Purchase Offers
    Unusually, Top Drives has been unable to offer packs as an in-app purchase, or allow in-app purchases outside of the fixed prices in the store, until now. With this update, we will be able to offer new offers as IAPs, allowing us to offer additional value to players."
    It means that they will offer discounts on gold and cash, and offer packs for money, without having to go through buying gold. I also expect something like in Asphalt 9: Packs + slots + gold/cash for $xx,xx. In other worths, bundles.
  • juan_cruz_96juan_cruz_96 Posts: 238 ✭✭✭
    43MK4 said:
    Hmmm, I wonder what that means:

"In-App Purchase Offers
    Unusually, Top Drives has been unable to offer packs as an in-app purchase, or allow in-app purchases outside of the fixed prices in the store, until now. With this update, we will be able to offer new offers as IAPs, allowing us to offer additional value to players."
    It means that they will offer discounts on gold and cash, and offer packs for money, without having to go through buying gold. I also expect something like in Asphalt 9: Packs + slots + gold/cash for $xx,xx. In other worths, bundles.
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    but bundles need to be cheaper of normal purchases, not as we see after the Urus final... and bundles for ceramic, Hutch please no
    mauro07 said:
    but bundles need to be cheaper of normal purchases, not as we see after the Urus final... and bundles for ceramic, Hutch please no
    Those bundles were for same amount of gold as in store. Prices were wrong for Android.
    But those bundle idea was buy regular gold and get free pack/packs and cash.
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bundles are back but I think I'm getting screwed on the exchange rates, someone posted on the igf that the top pack with the 12750 gold is €69.99 which works out at around £62, however its £79.99 on mine, about 30% more expensive. 😱
    the bundle with 12k gold is good now, same € for a gold but 2 CF and 250K in money! this is a  good bundle!
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mauro07 said:
    the bundle with 12k gold is good now, same € for a gold but 2 CF and 250K in money! this is a  good bundle!
    That's what I saw the first time. :)
    HeissRod said:
    mauro07 said:

the first time, the price was the double (for Italy/android)... now the bundle make sense :smile:  it's very good and f2p as me can think to buy it (bundle 70 € or 35 €)
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mauro07 said:
    HeissRod said:
    mauro07 said:

the first time, the price was the double (for Italy/android)... now the bundle make sense :smile:  it's very good and f2p as me can think to buy it (bundle 70 € or 35 €)
    Glad you're seeing the correct thing now. 
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet another nail in the F2P coffin.
    The bundles are back but I think I'm getting screwed on the exchange rates, someone posted on the igf that the top pack with the 12750 gold is €69.99 which works out at around £62, however its £79.99 on mine, about 30% more expensive. 😱
    It depends from which country you are. Even Euro prices are different across Europe
    edited May 13
    I dont have any offer visible. Again it is taken out?

False alarm. I have visible offers now
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭✭✭
    REALAIS said:
    It depends from which country you are. Even Euro prices are different across Europe
    I thought they'd made it so that it was the same again as long as you were on the same os
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its still weird. While i get the 1100 gold+ceramic for 7,29 a friend has to pay over 20 euro for the same "offer".
    I am f2p player. If I would buy right now 79.99£ offer I would get around 10 CF packs. It will not push my garage to next level at all. At best maybe 1 great car and not enough food to max out 1x epic on average. So for me it is easy choice to not buy. 

It is rather not spend at all or spend very large amount. I cant afford 2nd option.
  • 0171801718 Posts: 369 ✭✭✭
    I really don't get the logic behind those offers. The usefulness increases overproportionally with the cost.

If I do, I don't buy gold for fun but for a specific reason. This might be dumb in the long run, but that's how I do it. However the non-CF offers are not that attractive, the CF offers are too expensive for my taste.
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 14
    REALAIS said:
    I am f2p player. If I would buy right now 79.99£ offer I would get around 10 CF packs. It will not push my garage to next level at all. At best maybe 1 great car and not enough food to max out 1x epic on average. So for me it is easy choice to not buy. 

It is rather not spend at all or spend very large amount. I cant afford 2nd option.
    Please, no-one spend the ridiculous amounts some of these packs are being offered at. It’s a game. Sure, spend a bit here and there, but £99 for a few virtual cards?!?!?! If you can afford to do this, do the right thing and give the money to those who need it at the moment.
    While i agree with you... you are not correct in your first sentence... There are loads of people who already bought all the offers. Its not just a few players that have sunk 5 digits, some even 6 digits into this game.
    The game with its lootboxes (packs) targets gambling addicts, give them something which looks like a chance, they will buy it.
    Morally very questionable, under business/profit aspect probably the way to go.

• nathanwindnathanwind Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    I’m sure that paretos law applies to the income generated by this game in that 20% of players generate 80% of income. The same as in most business models. The balance though is that you need the F2P to generate the mass participation and the base to grow the next generation of whales. Personally, when I see some of the hands that relatively new players put out, or when I see a prize car maxed minutes after it being won, i mentally tot up what that must have cost and have a chuckle to myself. Each to their own I suppose but as said above, I’m sure people pour thousands in to this game and ultimately that’s what keeps it running. I’ll never be one of those people though as the pernicious gambling element of this game is the “love” element of this game that dare not speak its name and is something I’m personally extremely mindful of.
  • car43car43 Posts: 8
    While i agree with you... you are not correct in your first sentence... There are loads of people who already bought all the offers. Its not just a few players that have sunk 5 digits, some even 6 digits into this game.
    The game with its lootboxes (packs) targets gambling addicts, give them something which looks like a chance, they will buy it.

But this is gambling in its purest form. And this system looks very similar to Fifa Fut packs selling system which is very controversial now.

• adms87adms87 Posts: 372 ✭✭✭
    edited May 14
    car43 said:

But this is gambling in its purest form. And this system looks very similar to Fifa Fut packs selling system which is very controversial now.

Yup. A gambling platform under a car game veneer. I do enjoy the game and personally can resist the gambling component but I worry whether some people can truly afford to spend the amounts they do. I read somewhere someone spent thousand to win the urus. That’s absolutely insane and also quite worrying.
    Yep, if you're willing to spend 3k to win the Urus in Top Drives, either you have money to buy a Urus in real life or it's pretty worrying indeed.
    Post edited by adms87 on
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I bought all the offers currently available in the store for direct cash, they would cost more than the phone I'm playing TopDrives on. Ironic isn't it?
  • car43car43 Posts: 8
    Ozzman said:
    If I bought all the offers currently available in the store for direct cash, they would cost more than the phone I'm playing TopDrives on. Ironic isn't it?
    And have you hit something good? My point is even if you spend thousands you can get only fuse material because of bad luck. I like Top Drives and I've been playing for 3 years and I spent some money on slots or gold offers because I want to support developer but it is all about common sense.