PL11.2 Bug Reporting Thread

Comments

• Yama_sanYama_san Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    Yama_san said:
    Server error bug with Leoni ads still occurring.

(Android)

+ the free gold reward button becoming inactive. Actually all those bugs are back (didn't have them since couple of weeks).
  • kaje73kaje73 Posts: 276 ✭✭✭
    ingame forum is kinda broken, it takes years to load

Realme X2, Android 10
    don't think screenshot is really necessary here, it's self explained
    I get the same on iOS (both iPad and iPhone). It hasn’t loaded for me on either since the update. 
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good riddance?
  • VoightK7VoightK7 Posts: 1
    kaje73 said:

Realme X2, Android 10
    I get the same on iOS (both iPad and iPhone). It hasn’t loaded for me on either since the update. 

Forum also doesn't work for me, installed the new iOS update and still doens't work.
  • Artie_258Artie_258 Posts: 2
    @Benbenx2 will do thanks mate!
  • rei348rei348 Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭✭
    For all that, like me, have ads issues, the temporary solution is the same as the last time.
    1) Close the app, also from background
    2) Go to settings -> google -> ads -> reset ID.
    3) restart the game and ads should work for a couple of minutes, long enough to claim the 3-4-5 golds and Leoni upgrade if you do 2-3 races
    I hope they will fix, again, this bug soon...
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rei348 said:
    For all that, like me, have ads issues, the temporary solution is the same as the last time.
    3) restart the game and ads should work for a couple of minutes, long enough to claim the 3-4-5 golds and Leoni upgrade if you do 2-3 races
    Pre update i only had occasional problems watching gold ads. Now these are broken way more often, and im now also affected by the Leoni isnt working bug.
    Android 8.1
  • ktsankovktsankov Posts: 1
    edited May 10
    Benbenx2 said:
    Whenever I try to log into the game I can’t because there is no start button like normal. It does all the normal stuff like fetching garage and profile and preparing your cars, but once those are done there is no start button. 

iPhone 6s
    ios 11.4.10
    Same problem with iPad Mini ( iOS 12.4.6 ), but on my iPhone 6s ( iOS 13.3.1 ) still working
    Post edited by ktsankov on
  • Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Posts: 659 admin
    rei348 said:
    This seems like overkill to me! I find just force-closing and restarting Top Drives gets ads working again.

In general, ads-not-showing is a really annoying, hard-to-pin-down bug. This is because it arises due to some specific combination of our code, the code of the 3rd-party we use to bring ads in, and the specific ad which may come from one of many different ad networks - and if it's a specific ad causing a problem, you can't tell which one it is, because it doesn't show. (If an ad shows there's usually a little icon in the corner on the end-screen you can tap to check which network served it).

In 11.2 we updated all ad plug-ins to their latest versions, which means we get all the bug-fixes they have figured out since last time (not listed in patch notes as it's not a bug-fix as such, but should help things somewhat). Looking at the data, on average, this has indeed reduced how often the bug happens, especially on Android - but it still certainly happens; I've seen it myself several times already on both iOS and Android.

My guess is that people who are getting it more often since the update just happen to have been getting the problematic network/ad as the one that is called though, because as I say the average success rate is definitely up. So investigation continues...
  • StealthFTStealthFT Posts: 320 ✭✭✭
    edited May 10
    Hutch_Tim said:
    rei348 said:
    This seems like overkill to me! I find just force-closing and restarting Top Drives gets ads working again.

In general, ads-not-showing is a really annoying, hard-to-pin-down bug. This is because it arises due to some specific combination of our code, the code of the 3rd-party we use to bring ads in, and the specific ad which may come from one of many different ad networks - and if it's a specific ad causing a problem, you can't tell which one it is, because it doesn't show. (If an ad shows there's usually a little icon in the corner on the end-screen you can tap to check which network served it).

In 11.2 we updated all ad plug-ins to their latest versions, which means we get all the bug-fixes they have figured out since last time (not listed in patch notes as it's not a bug-fix as such, but should help things somewhat). Looking at the data, on average, this has indeed reduced how often the bug happens, especially on Android - but it still certainly happens; I've seen it myself several times already on both iOS and Android.

My guess is that people who are getting it more often since the update just happen to have been getting the problematic network/ad as the one that is called though, because as I say the average success rate is definitely up. So investigation continues...
    For me, it's been happening every single time, not more often, since I updated to 11.2, and on every device I play, all Android.
    It seems strange but possible nonetheless, that the same ad/network is being called every single time since I updated to 11.2.
    Post edited by StealthFT on
  • rei348rei348 Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭✭
    StealthFT said:
    Hutch_Tim said:
    rei348 said:

For me, it's been happening every single time, not more often, since I updated to 11.2, and on every device I play, all Android.
    It seems strange but possible nonetheless, that the same ad/network is being called every single time since I updated to 11.2.
    Same here. Every single time I have the error. If I force-close the app and restart, it doesn't solve the problem. The only way to get around the problem temorarily is to force-kill app and reset google ad ID. This allows me to see ads and get the gold, but I have to do it every 6 hours, or even more often to get the free upgrade (that I stopped to do because is already annoying three times a day, so I watch less ads, so it is less profit for hutch).

• evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Late joining still possible as it turns out. Forgot to join, sparkling new bracket at t-14m

• StyxingerStyxinger Posts: 121 ✭✭
    Gold reward ads are sometimes not working after first free 5 gold reward was taken, restart of app solves that.
    With 11.2 after race car upgrade ad is selectable, but does nothing. After a restart of app and next race it works. If the app stays running, the next car upgrade reward app doesnt start again.
    Huawei Mate 10 Pro, with android 9 and emui 9.1.0
    Styxinger said:
    Gold reward ads are sometimes not working after first free 5 gold reward was taken, restart of app solves that.
    With 11.2 after race car upgrade ad is selectable, but does nothing. After a restart of app and next race it works. If the app stays running, the next car upgrade reward app doesnt start again.
    Huawei Mate 10 Pro, with android 9 and emui 9.1.0
    Same issue here on Samsung Galaxy , Android 8.1. And restarting doesnt work all the time to get ads running, it helps if i play some races before

• MrLisMrLis Posts: 2
    Sometimes, after tapping on the Go button to start the races I'm redirected to the home screen, with no idea about the races results.
    iPhone 7/iOS 13.3.1
  • hillclimberhillclimber Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    could you pls stop the free Leonie upgrades if there are no ads to sponsor? it's annoying!
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 663 ✭✭✭
    MrLis said:
    Sometimes, after tapping on the Go button to start the races I'm redirected to the home screen, with no idea about the races results.
    iPhone 7/iOS 13.3.1
    Same happen to me today in Challenge R15.
    A80/Android 10
    I joined back to challenge to claim prizeboard.
    I got reward 20k to pop up only after I played R16.
    When event ends the cashcounter is frozen till i spend some coins
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Benbenx2 said:
    Benbenx2 said:
    Whenever I try to log into the game I can’t because there is no start button like normal. It does all the normal stuff like fetching garage and profile and preparing your cars, but once those are done there is no start button. 

iPhone 6s
    ios 11.4.1
    Still am unable to log in does anyone have any suggestions. I have tried to delete and reinstall the app 3 times and I have shut down my phone twice. Strange thing is that i can log in on my iPad 
    This happened to me before the update and continued after the update. I had to do a factory reset for it to work again 
  • MrLisMrLis Posts: 2
    In the club events, often the counter of the points shows 10,000 vs 10,000
    iPhone 7/iOS 13.3.1

dude, wheres my car?

• Hutch_KatieHutch_Katie Posts: 263 admin
    kaje73 said:

Realme X2, Android 10

DM incoming Kaje73
  • Benbenx2Benbenx2 Posts: 194 ✭✭
    MrLis said:
    In the club events, often the counter of the points shows 10,000 vs 10,000
    iPhone 7/iOS 13.3.1

Yeah I have seen this too on iPhone 6s iOS 13.4.1.
    Usually sorts itself out after a shut down on the app and reopen again it works
    dude, wheres my car?

This happens occasionally when you accidentally scroll the control centre up on iOS devices I know of. Just click reset hand and it reappears.
    Benbenx2 said:
    Benbenx2 said:

iPhone 6s
    ios 11.4.1
    Still am unable to log in does anyone have any suggestions. I have tried to delete and reinstall the app 3 times and I have shut down my phone twice. Strange thing is that i can log in on my iPad 
    This happened to me before the update and continued after the update. I had to do a factory reset for it to work again 
    @NinjaDesignz What iOS were you running at the time. I was on and old one from mid 2018 and I updated to the latest iOS and it worked from then.
    edited May 13
    ktsankov said:
    Benbenx2 said:

iPhone 6s
    ios 11.4.10
    Same problem with iPad Mini ( iOS 12.4.6 ), but on my iPhone 6s ( iOS 13.3.1 ) still working
    @ktsankov Again update if possible on iPad and that should work if you can’t update then I am unsure
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Benbenx2 said:
    Benbenx2 said:
    Benbenx2 said:

iPhone 6s
    ios 11.4.1
    @NinjaDesignz What iOS were you running at the time. I was on and old one from mid 2018 and I updated to the latest iOS and it worked from then.
    I have an android 
    Benbenx2 said:
    Benbenx2 said:
    Benbenx2 said:

iPhone 6s
    ios 11.4.1
    I have an android 
    Ok is that on the latest version?