Silver Screen Challenge Series

Hutch_DmitriHutch_Dmitri Posts: 25 admin
edited May 24 in News & Announcements

Welcome to Hollywood! You will spend the week traversing the trials and tribulations of the Walk of Fame, your path from your local theatre understudy to sell out box office draw and an interview on the Tonight Show. Collect cars featured in TV and movies, all tagged with Silver Screen. As you win races along the Walk of Fame challenge, you’ll need more and more Jaguar XK140 trophies from the Hollywood themed events, to ensure you have the credentials to make it in this business. The further you walk the path to fame and fortune, the greater the riches. The Final Prize of the Walk of Fame challenge is the exclusive.

Silver Screen bundles and packs will be available for purchase with gold in the store throughout the week.

1) Silver Screen events map out your journey to fame and fortune. Perform well in Silver Screen events to earn the Jaguar XK140, the main currency to advancing your career in Hollywood, and Silver Screen packs.

2) 7 Silver Screen events will run from 24th to 30th May for all players 150+ RQ

3) Players who are 330+ RQ will find all of their standard events also offer Silver Screen packs and Jaguar XK140, providing an extra 5 opportunities.

4) Play the Walk of Fame Challenge as often as you can. You’ll encounter gates on your path to stardom, pass these gates with your collection of Jaguar XK140s. You’ll need 5 of them to complete the challenge. You’ll also need a diverse garage of Silver Screen cars to overcome the challenges that await. The Wall of Fame Challenge will run from the 24th to 31st May.

5) Earn the Aston Martin Bulldog by completing Round 14 of the Walk of Fame challenge, which you will need 3x XK140s to reach

a) When the On Location event begins on Wednesday, if you have already won the Aston Martin Bulldog you will gain access to a secret event.

b) After the Challenge finishes, so long as you earned the Aston Martin Bulldog, you can make your way to the final Premiere After Party event to brag about all you gained along the way for even more prizes.

Walk of Fame prizes:

Prizes: 1 Aluminiums, 3 Ceramics, 2 Carbon Fibers, $100,000, 4x Prize Cars

(x = number of XK140s needed to reach these prizes)

0x: 1x Aluminium, $20,000

1x: 1x Ceramic, $30,000

2x: 1x Ceramic, $50,000, Prize Car Reissue: Rare Pontiac Firebird Trans Am (1970)

3x: 1x Ceramic, Prize Car: Ultra Rare Aston Martin Bulldog (1980)

4x: 1x CF, Prize Car Reissue: Epic Ford GT40 (1965)

5x: 1x CF, Prize Car: Legendary Aston Martin One-77 (2009)

Some players already have multiple copies of the Pontiac and Ford prize cars, so in this case, every player will be able to win them, even if they have won them before.

Good luck!

Post edited by Hutch_Dmitri on

Comments

• lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if you're rq 500 you'll get 12 chances to win the 5 required jags in order to get the chance at the legendary aston?
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    great stuff, please post this to the general duscussion too, here many wont notice (as did i, thx discord).
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome stuff. Quick question on the bulldog/secret event... do we need to have it in ouR garage before the event starts, or if we win it during the secret event will it become available to join?
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if you're rq 500 you'll get 12 chances to win the 5 required jags in order to get the chance at the legendary aston?
    From what I've read elsewhere, players with 500RQ will have 7 chances to win the XK140.  Players with 300-499RQ will have an extra 5 chances, as detailed above.  I may have misunderstood this, though.
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 210 ✭✭✭
    2) 7 Silver Screen events will run from 24th to 30th May for all players 150+ RQ

3) Players who are 300+ RQ will find all of their standard events also offer Silver Screen packs and Jaguar XK140, providing an extra 5 opportunities.

I understand that you have 7 chances if you are RQ 150 500 plus 5 chances for 300 500 players 
    edited May 24
    Ah, I must have misread it earlier, then skimmed this.  My bad.
  • Hutch_DmitriHutch_Dmitri Posts: 25 admin
    edited May 24
    You need those Jags to progress in the Challenge. As you are progressing in the Challenge, at round 14 of it you can get the Aston Martin Bulldog, which will give you access to a secret event.

If you do complete the whole Challenge, however, the prize car for it is the Aston Martin ONE-77. 

Hope that helps.

Dmitri
    Post edited by Hutch_Dmitri on
    HeissRod said:
    From what I've read elsewhere, players with 500RQ will have 7 chances to win the XK140.  Players with 300-499RQ will have an extra 5 chances, as detailed above.  I may have misunderstood this, though.
    It's the other way around. Players with 150+ RQ have 7 chances, and players with 300+ RQ have 12 chances.
    Awesome stuff. Quick question on the bulldog/secret event... do we need to have it in ouR garage before the event starts, or if we win it during the secret event will it become available to join?
    You don't need to have the Bulldog in your garage ahead of the event. You can win it during the event, in the round 14 of the Challenge. This will open the secret event for you.
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for answering on a Sunday @Hutch_Dmitri
    The standard events that we normally have aren't showing tho?
    Just a quick clarification for everyone, it's 330 RQ, not 300 RQ, to unlock extra events.
  • grandvachegrandvache Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jesus @Hutch_Dmitri Sunday?? On a bank holiday weekend?

If you're goal is to re-engage the forum and deal with some of the angst here you're going about it the right way.
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    finally some communication from Hutch.. thank you Dmitri! :)
  • alpashkalpashk Posts: 65 ✭✭✭
    The only thing i'm somewhat scared of is my silver screen garage beeng quite weak (the only B car being the porsche911 targa) really hope i'll be able to get to a GT40
  • TougeTouringTougeTouring Posts: 15
    There is already an Error in the Weekly Channenge..you cant join Round 5 cause you need an XK140...and the only way to get it as an reward in a Event that finishes in 48h from now on lol xD
    Just a quick clarification for everyone, it's 330 RQ, not 300 RQ, to unlock extra events.
    Where are the events that the rq330+ players get then as only seeing the silver screen events
  • StreetracerStreetracer Posts: 153 ✭✭✭
    "Humble beginnings" could be one of the extra events. Three days ago it has the silver screen pic in the background. Now it has the uncommon pic in the background.

"Humble beginnings" could be one of the extra events. Three days ago it has the silver screen pic in the background. Now it has the uncommon pic in the background.

You're probably right as its also rq330. It was still showing as silver screen when I posted.
  • GaborBartalGaborBartal Posts: 33 ✭✭
    edited May 25
    There is already an Error in the Weekly Channenge..you cant join Round 5 cause you need an XK140...and the only way to get it as an reward in a Event that finishes in 48h from now on lol xD
    I'm pretty sure that's deliberate and not an error. This very post says "You’ll encounter gates on your path to stardom; pass these gates with your collection of Jaguar XK140s. You’ll need 5 of them to complete the challenge." Clearly, they align these gates to the events on purpose. Unusual, but I love it (also worried because my biggest Silver Star car is a C for now).
  • gvereb1gvereb1 Posts: 5
    Hi Dmitri! Do you have the list of movies / series where the silver screen cars appear?
    The time constraints on this are gonna be tight, especially if you miss out on 1 or 2 of the early jags, 
    The fact that after round 4 you cant play it for at least 2 days while waiting for an event to end is a bit of a disappointment.
  • TougeTouringTougeTouring Posts: 15
    I'm pretty sure that's deliberate and not an error. This very post says "You’ll encounter gates on your path to stardom; pass these gates with your collection of Jaguar XK140s. You’ll need 5 of them to complete the challenge." Clearly, they align these gates to the events on purpose. Unusual, but I love it (also worried because my biggest Silver Star car is a C for now).
    I get that, but above theyve stated that if you complete Round 14 by WEDNESDAY you´ll be awarded with the Bulldog, which would enable you to join the final premiere afterparty to gain even more prices.... but how on earth should you reach round 14 when you get the first Jag already on wednesday.. an dim guessing you need more that one jag to reach the halfway mark of the challenge

gvereb1 said:
    Hi Dmitri! Do you have the list of movies / series where the silver screen cars appear?
    If you're below RQ330, it will be all of the events with the lit star as the event picture.  If you're above RQ330, it will be those + all of the normal events throughout the week.
    edited May 25
    I get that, but above theyve stated that if you complete Round 14 by WEDNESDAY you´ll be awarded with the Bulldog, which would enable you to join the final premiere afterparty to gain even more prices.... but how on earth should you reach round 14 when you get the first Jag already on wednesday.. an dim guessing you need more that one jag to reach the halfway mark of the challenge

You don't get the first Jag on Wednesday.  The 'Welcome to Hollywood' event ends at normal event time tomorrow.  The 'Stand Out from the Crowd' event ends 16 hours later, awarding the second XK140.  Then, 8 hours after that, the 'Humble Beginnings' event ends and awards the third XK140 (for players RQ330 and above).  The end time of this third event should be the start time of the Bulldog secret event.  For me being in the CST time zone, this means the first one will be Tuesday at 4pm, the second Wednesday at 8am, and the third Wednesday at 4pm. 

As with previous events, which required a prize car to enter, you do not have to have the car when the event starts.  If you win the prize car while the event is in progress, then move the car into your garage and restart the app, the event should show up.
    Post edited by HeissRod on
    There is already any.  Error in the Weekly Channenge..you cant join Round 5 cause you need an XK140...and the only way to get it as an reward in a Event that finishes in 48h from now on lol xD

You don't have to get the Bulldog by Wednesday. On Wednesday, the secret event will unlock. To access it you will need the Bulldog, but you can earn it until the end of the event.

Dmitri
  • gvereb1gvereb1 Posts: 5
    HeissRod said:
    gvereb1 said:
    If you're below RQ330, it will be all of the events with the lit star as the event picture.  If you're above RQ330, it will be those + all of the normal events throughout the week.
    :blush:  I'm asking for the movie and series titles. l
    1970 challenger: vanishing point. Lotus espirit: spy who loves me. Alfa giulia: 6 underground. etc...
  • willcf15willcf15 Posts: 356 ✭✭✭✭
    There is already any.  Error in the Weekly Channenge..you cant join Round 5 cause you need an XK140...and the only way to get it as an reward in a Event that finishes in 48h from now on lol xD

You don't have to get the Bulldog by Wednesday. On Wednesday, the secret event will unlock. To access it you will need the Bulldog, but you can earn it until the end of the event.

Dmitri

This was super important information. Thanks Dmitri
  • Yama_sanYama_san Posts: 200 ✭✭✭
    gvereb1 said:
    HeissRod said:
    gvereb1 said:
    :blush:  I'm asking for the movie and series titles. l
    1970 challenger: vanishing point. Lotus espirit: spy who loves me. Alfa giulia: 6 underground. etc...

https://forums.hutchgames.com/discussion/comment/177058/#Comment_177058

Any chance of a comparison table to similar cars like they did for the previous prize car?