Silver Screen Challenge

OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 24 in General Discussion
This seems fun, but I'm sorry, are we supposed to just sit and wait for two days now after just 4 tickets?

Comments

• HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 24
    Yep.  Tickets will finish refreshing before we can play the next stage. :(
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still don’t get why these sort of events are 48 hour events, everything else looks great...

after every single one of these type of events the one big feedback from this forum has been that the ”prelude” events should be shorter, why are they still 48 hour events? They get super stale.
  • BasilBasil Posts: 364 ✭✭✭
    edited May 25
    Still don’t get why these sort of events are 48 hour events, everything else looks great...

after every single one of these type of events the one big feedback from this forum has been that the ”prelude” events should be shorter, why are they still 48 hour events? They get super stale.
    Maybe it is for people to have time to enter the events and have races?😏 There are people who need to work and are not able to play during the day 😉. So get your lazy bum from the couch and get yourself to work! 😜🤪
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    why the first event not started saturday? we collect the first jaguard Sunday and all people can play the challenge and try to win the next stages
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basil said:

Maybe it is for people to have time to enter the events and have races?😏 There are people who need to work and are not able to play during the day 😉. So get your lazy bum from the couch and get yourself to work! 😜🤪
    Funny guy... you have exactly as much effective play time per 24 hours no matter if its a 24 or 48 hour event, just join when you can play.
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 25
    @Hutch_Dmitri , can you doublecheck if the challenge is running as intended, with the two day break now!? Thanks
    Post edited by AndreasSimmer on
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The time constraints on this are gonna be tight, especially if you miss out on 1 or 2 of the early jags, 
    The fact that after round 4 you cant play it for at least 2 days while waiting for an event to end is a bit of a disappointment.
    Hutch, can you explain how work this challenge? tomorrow we will win the first jag, do 4/5 steps in challenge and then wait for second Jaguar again... do you study the time to finish events and challenge? players with little garage and few RQ are able to compete? i know the S is only for few people but i have fear about time for this events and challenge
    Basil said:

Funny guy... you have exactly as much effective play time per 24 hours no matter if its a 24 or 48 hour event, just join when you can play.
    Hmm, don’t know. When I have 1 hour / 24 hours to race, that would mean in 48 hours ,... euhmmm,.. 2 hours? No? 🤔😉😂
  • StreetracerStreetracer Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    If I did not calculate totally wrong you have two or three days left for the last three rounds. It is a challenge which should not be too easy. For me it is ok.
  • adms87adms87 Posts: 426 ✭✭✭
    The time available for the last stages also worries me. I only have 3 silver screen epics and none is fully upgraded (one is 336 and the other two 333). If I need to upgrade them to complete the challenge it's going to be tight.

Regardless, it looks it's going to be a fun week.
  • TougeTouringTougeTouring Posts: 15
    There must be something wrong!
    In the Announcement Post they´ve said that if you complete Round 14 by WEDNESDAY you´ll be awarded with the Bulldog, which would enable you to join the final premiere afterparty to gain even more prices....
    So someone had to mix up the timing both in the Weekly and the "Daily" Challenges
    can it be that ‘stand out of the crowd ‘ last shorter? It starts in my zone in 2 hours?
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind if they try to make it a bit slower than the usual weekly challanges. But then why do we have 4h ticket refresh interval. Couldn't even use the first 5 tickets and now I'm stuck for two more days. All my tickets are just wasted, and that feels kinda strange. At least we won't have to wait another two days for the second Jag, because the next event starts in under two hours.
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does seem very strange that we get time for 16+ free tickets before we can enter stage 5. Would have made much more sense if we could get the first Jag tonight (or before) instead of tomorrow. 
    Still, it’s great to have something new / different and it certainly a cool event 👍
    There must be something wrong!
    In the Announcement Post they´ve said that if you complete Round 14 by WEDNESDAY you´ll be awarded with the Bulldog, which would enable you to join the final premiere afterparty to gain even more prices....
    So someone had to mix up the timing both in the Weekly and the "Daily" Challenges
    Players have the opportunity to earn their third Jag by normal event end time on Wednesday.  Three Jags allow access to the challenge stage that has the Bulldog.  Earn the Bulldog and the secret Wednesday event will show up.
    I’m fine with the delay.  No need to rush through it.
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for those who don't have maxed garages at all rarities, who are going to need to rush through upgrades to vehicles in order to complete this in a rush though
  • Yama_sanYama_san Posts: 329 ✭✭✭
    I hope the whole challenge is doable even without Epic or Legendary Silver Screen. Otherwise it would mean no way to get the final prize without buying lot of CF (and still with no guarantee to get enough of those cars).
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its enough time to upgrade lower end of silver screen cars. I had none when tag was released. But slowly collected most of them since update dropped. Once we found out about challenge system, you knew you are gonna need diverse low rq garage. 
  • chemineecheminee Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
    I think the gt40 would help a lot in the final stages.

Overall, I like this structure a lot. Win a couple of low rq prizecars to get acces to more stages/prizes/cars in a challenge. This rewards the new/casual/f2p players as well as the longtime players and whales.

Thumbs up for Hutch.

Can we expect more like this on a regular basis? Would be awesome.
    there are people with 3 gt40!! LOL
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was rewarded 3 times. 
    i know... there was a triple event, British, French and German with gt40 for gold tier!
  • Nacho101Nacho101 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭
    I do find the challenge timing strange, but overall it doesn't bother me too much. At the end I'm either going to have the right cars to complete this or not.
  • xaratsarhsxaratsarhs Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Does that means that we won't have tri-series this weekend?

• REALAISREALAIS Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭
    Does that means that we won't have tri-series this weekend?

Why would you assume that?
  • bluedogsnoopbluedogsnoop Posts: 831 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    For those of you worried about timing, you may not have noticed that the challenge runs the full 7 days this week and does not end on Friday like usual.  The earliest that the 5th XK140 should be awarded is on Thursday afternoon, giving three days to complete the final 3 stages.
    What I think people may be overlooking is that it will not be a timing issue for many, it will be an actually achieving issue. If the owners challenges are anything to go by (except perhaps last one) then this is not going to be a giveaway and I would suspect the winning % of the Aston to be low.