The New Austin Challenge Series

Hutch_DemorphicHutch_Demorphic Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
In a new twist, the challenge that starts on this coming Sunday is the first in the new Austin Series.

Winning this prize-car Austin will grant access to a special weekend challenge immediately after that awards a Carbon Fiber Pack.

This series will then continue over an extended period of time, with each subsequent challenge requiring one more Austin prize car. Collect 5 Austins over the whole series you can qualify for the final challenge that will award the Porsche Moby Dick!

Comments

• Destroyer2k11999Destroyer2k11999 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sounds really exciting, I wonder what kind of op garage will be needed though, either way can't wait to see which direction this goes!
  • Chris1775Chris1775 Posts: 328 ✭✭✭✭
    I hope the events leading up to the final are rq45 (entry rq), otherwise the rq140+ brackets will be very crowded and competitive....I can already see myself not making it
  • SluppermadnSluppermadn Posts: 51
    Yeah, you would think that you get one austin car for each challenge, so you will end up with 5, but the chance any of those 5 austins are good enough, is probably very slim.
    Yeah, you would think that you get one austin car for each challenge, so you will end up with 5, but the chance any of those 5 austins are good enough, is probably very slim.
    If the Austin cars are good or not is really beyond the point. The fact that you need to get 5 of them to even qualify for the Porsche finals is what got me....this ain’t gonna be easy 
  • 43MK443MK4 Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    deleted
    Post edited by 43MK4 on
  • UltimateUltimate Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s replaces the normal weekly challenge. Not multiplayer.
  • MSRZ23MSRZ23 Posts: 95 ✭✭✭
    Sounds Awesome. I think it will be lots of fun
  • 43MK443MK4 Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone explain... so this whole challange is a single player event where the final price is the Porsche?
  • UltimateUltimate Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    43MK4 said:
    Can someone explain... so this whole challange is a single player event where the final price is the Porsche?
    You face off in the challenge like normal, but you have to collect each of the 5 Austin’s to advance. Once you have 5 Austin’s you get the chance to play for the Porsche. That’s my best educated guess
  • SubaruLover04SubaruLover04 Posts: 427 ✭✭✭✭
    43MK4 said:
    skip to 13:46
    Oh...I didn’t understand it like that at all. Your explanation does make sense 🙃 
  • S3XYS3XY Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭
    basically we are limiting the casual players to enter the finals. Sounds scary
  • iron_styleiron_style Posts: 187 ✭✭✭
    Sounds good! This new type of challenge can be amazing, finally we can get some nice after that
  • TGPDTGPD Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I've been waiting for.

Nice twist
  • AJTheCaveManAJTheCaveMan Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like an interesting change. I was wondering when the super smurfs would come up for grabs! 
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if i understand correctly, we get one austin every two months, finals will require 5x austin.. Which means no Moby dick for another year. 
    TGPD said:
    Comparing the Austins:
    Austin Ambassador: Best All-rounder
    Austin-Healey 3000: Best drag car
    Austin 1100 vs Allegro vs Maxi: 1100 is more handling-focused, Maxi is more drag-focused and Allegro is in the middle of the two.
    Allegro has the lowest top speed tho
    Austin-Healey Sprite: Best smurfer
    This week is probably gonna award the sprite
  • TNThomasTNThomas Posts: 617 ✭✭✭✭
    Correct! It’s a long-term challenge.
    If I get all 7 prize cars, that will more than quadruple my prize car amount :D
  • DannyDanny Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭
    greddy said:
    So if i understand correctly, we get one austin every two months, finals will require 5x austin.. Which means no Moby dick for another year. 
    Where did you get that info from? Sounds like a long drawn out process of its over the space of a year
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danny said:
    greddy said:
    Where did you get that info from? Sounds like a long drawn out process of its over the space of a year
    Top drives - episode 6
  • MSteeLMSteeL Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a year? LOL
  • hillclimberhillclimber Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it will be interesting to see how hutch will create challenges that are tough enough so not everybody gets a Moby Dick and at the same time are not too difficult so players with less developed garages don't get the feeling of having no chance at al.
  • hillclimberhillclimber Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't imagine anybody would miss the firework on the next anniversary.