High RQ Audis

MoogMoog Posts: 475 ✭✭✭✭
Hello
I'm sure this has come up before, but could someone explain how come there are some Audi’s that have very high RQs but are Epic and not Legendary cars?
Is this to do with the bugged Audi packs back in the day?

Comments

• mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's all about prestige, audi ahve great stats but not same prestige of S cars!!
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently because they're Epic, and therefore easier to upgrade, they also have 1RQ penalty. So potentially the RQ30 Audi's might have been RQ29 had they been Legendary.
  • MettitiMettiti Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mauro07 said:
    it's all about prestige, audi ahve great stats but not same prestige of S cars!!
    prestige shouldn't be a thing imo, it should be 100% subjective, and SLS convertible sucks in comparison but is a legendary.
    So it's harder to get, harder to upgrade, worse overall.... But hey... prestige
  • Parimal_2000Parimal_2000 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    Mettiti said:
    mauro07 said:
    prestige shouldn't be a thing imo, it should be 100% subjective, and SLS convertible sucks in comparison but is a legendary.
    Agreed. How can a wagon (sure it has 600 hp) beat highly track focused cars on drags and Twisties??!!
  • grandvachegrandvache Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mettiti said:
    mauro07 said:
    Agreed. How can a wagon (sure it has 600 hp) beat highly track focused cars on drags and Twisties??!!
    You've answered your own question.  Because it has 600bhp.

Quantity has a quality all its own.
    Mettiti said:
    mauro07 said:
    about audis, hutch answer is prestige... not mine answer!!
  • hillclimberhillclimber Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mauro07 said:
    Mettiti said:
    mauro07 said:
    so hutch's statement is a RS6 has less prestige than e.g. a Quadrofoglio or a Cadi CTS-V? that's thin ice.
    but alright,  I don't really care.
    if you search on forum, you find it!! ;)
    mauro07 said:
    Mettiti said:g
    mauro07 said:
    Well that's a dumb answer 😂
  • joel24joel24 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    Why is the cla45  an rq 26 ? 
  • benbqbenbq Posts: 590 ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I get it. I don’t think that the line between classes should be number based. I think they could have kept the el Camino as a “rare” but bumped its RQ up to like 16 or 17. RQ is a completely arbitrary game-balance statistic but I think they’re trying to keep the categories like “common” or “legendary” as close as possible to real world rarity. If this is the case, Audi’s as Epics makes a lot of sense ... you will just see a lot more Audi’s on the road in real life in comparison to legendary level cars.
    benbq said:
    Personally I get it. I don’t think that the line between classes should be number based. I think they could have kept the el Camino as a “rare” but bumped its RQ up to like 16 or 17. RQ is a completely arbitrary game-balance statistic but I think they’re trying to keep the categories like “common” or “legendary” as close as possible to real world rarity. If this is the case, Audi’s as Epics makes a lot of sense ... you will just see a lot more Audi’s on the road in real life in comparison to legendary level cars.
    By that logic early Corvettes would legendaries
    But back to your other point, it's very inconsistent when all the way up to 25RQ , everything is classed by PERFORMANCE, there isn't any RQ11 cars that are rares, hence the elcamino.
    Get up to RQ27, it's all willy nilly, wear a blindfold and pick whether a car is epic or legendary
  • MoogMoog Posts: 475 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info/history.
    Looking at it, I do see an issue in using prestige as a reason. We are seeing events with 'no legendaries' now as an entry requirement, yet you could be up against RQ30 cars with stats similar to legendary cars.
    Also, events which are 'epic only' will allow you to have these high RQ cars in.
    Both of these effect the balance of the game.
    I guess the counter argument is that there are often RQ limits and these cars cost more, but if you go with that, you could argue that you may as well allow in legendary cars and balance on cost.

The cars are rebalanced with each release, should we take the opportunity to make all >26RQ cars Legendary?

• hillclimberhillclimber Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Moog said:
    Looking at it, I do see an issue in using prestige as a reason. We are seeing events with 'no legendaries' now as an entry requirement, yet you could be up against RQ30 cars with stats similar to legendary cars.
    Also, events which are 'epic only' will allow you to have these high RQ cars in.
    I guess the counter argument is that there are often RQ limits and these cars cost more, but if you go with that, you could argue that you may as well allow in legendary cars and balance on cost.

The cars are rebalanced with each release, should we take the opportunity to make all >26RQ cars Legendary?

some legendary would have a much higher RQ than 30 if there wasn't the limit but you can not say the same about the Audis. 
  • prexprex Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    Moog said:

I think, that’s what @Rawel refereed to as dumb move: chaning Audis to Legendary would give owners a big advantage as it would make it even harder to get them and to upgrade them. Thus, it would have another, potentially stronger effect on game balance.
  • JayJay Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have owned a bunch of them... they get beaten by so many cars on so many tracks. They should be neither S class or RQ 30
    Jay said:
    I have owned a bunch of them... they get beaten by so many cars on so many tracks. They should be neither S class or RQ 30
    Well according to hutch ... Rq is determined by running the car against all other cars on all tracks ... So it's objective
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the story was something like this: the cars on merit are probably around RQ27, but back at launch hutch determined a family Audi shouldn’t be a legendary, so they dropped them to epic. To counter the fact that they are under-rated and easier to max, the RQ was increased to the max at the time.

I believe (in a roundabout way) that they have since admitted this was a mistake and all cars from now on are graded purely on performance (hence Cadillac prize car going up to legendary). They now have a problem with the Audi’s (and Evo prize) as like has been said before, it would be very harsh to increase to legendary now.
    Jay said:
    I dunno man, my RS6 lives in my daily hand, has raced 5447 times and has an 81% win record. It beats other cars in surprising situations.

S Class maybe not, but given the versatility, I'm not surprised it's RQ30.
  • CharlieRCharlieR Posts: 498 ✭✭✭✭
    TD01055 said:
    I think the story was something like this: the cars on merit are probably around RQ27, but back at launch hutch determined a family Audi shouldn’t be a legendary, so they dropped them to epic. To counter the fact that they are under-rated and easier to max, the RQ was increased to the max at the time.

I believe (in a roundabout way) that they have since admitted this was a mistake and all cars from now on are graded purely on performance (hence Cadillac prize car going up to legendary). They now have a problem with the Audi’s (and Evo prize) as like has been said before, it would be very harsh to increase to legendary now.
    have you read last car correction post - RIP Audi:

A30 2015 Audi RS 7 Sportback: Ground clearance is 109mm, should be low (link)
    A30 2013 Audi RS 6 Avant: Ground clearance is 114mm, should be low (link)
    CharlieR said:
    TD01055 said:

have you read last car correction post - RIP Audi:

A30 2015 Audi RS 7 Sportback: Ground clearance is 109mm, should be low (link)
    A30 2013 Audi RS 6 Avant: Ground clearance is 114mm, should be low (link)
    RS6 link don't work, but they're saying it has air suspension so ...
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't take time to adjust air suspension in the middle of a race, IRL......
    HeissRod said:
    Yeah but if you knew there was a chance of speedbumps in a race, you'd start with it raised right?
    O__VER said:
    HeissRod said:
    Yeah but if you knew there was a chance of speedbumps in a race, you'd start with it raised right?
    No, I'd avoid the race.
    HeissRod said:
    O__VER said:
    HeissRod said:
    No, I'd avoid the race.
    Maybe just take a different route right?
    O__VER said:
    HeissRod said:
    O__VER said:
    HeissRod said:
    No, I'd avoid the race.
    Maybe just take a different route right?
    What do you think we're racing?  San Francisco Rush?
  • bullet_splatterbullet_splatter Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭
    Who routes a street race through a car wash???