The MMX Hill Climb Update Ideas Discussion Thread

TheButtKickerUKTheButtKickerUK Posts: 56
edited June 2016 in General Discussion
Hello and welcome to the MMX Hill Climb Update Ideas Discussion Thread! Here, you can post your ideas (and improvements) of what you would like to see in the upcoming updates for MMX Hill Climb.

So for my ideas, here are the following:

1): Custom Track Creator
I would to see a mode for which we can create our own track designs and publish them for players to race on and perform their best times on tat track. We could perhaps adjust the height of a number or jumps or make the track more biased for traction or more for speed and perhaps being able to change the "theme" of the track such as City, Snow, Desert etc. like the ones we have in-game.

2): More vehicles (or even newly-made ones!)

This is one of the main aspects what we really need in MMX Hill Climb as there's only 8 vehicles in the game, so it would be interesting to see new vehicles, and perhaps even returning vehicles from MMX Racing? And also I would like the current vehicles to have the same name as what they had in the previous game.

3): New Multiplayer Mode

We really need a brand new Multiplayer Mode which a lot of people have been asking for upon the games release. I would like to see 2 different types of Multiple: one that is the same as the one from MMX Racing, and a live matching multiplayer which puts players into a lobby which the host can change the settings (which location and track they would like to race on).

4): More Players To Race Against

This is a feature I would I like to see be implemented into the game because then more people can play assist each other and would make the game more fun and thrilling. For online Multiplayer which I mentioned above, I would like up to 4, maybe even 8 players in one level to race against each other.

I hope you enjoyed reading my ideas which I would to see be added into the. What are your ideas? Write them below! And I hope the guys at Hutch Games will look into our ideas to make the game better :)

Comments

• Hutch_MattHutch_Matt Posts: 294 admin
    Great ideas buttkicker!    I've got to say I'd love to see a custom track creator as well, I think we could have a lot of fun with that and I'd love to create some of my own tracks.
  • SgtNukerSgtNuker Posts: 21
    To bolster Buttkicker's third idea, what about competition option, like in MMX Racing? Could be good to see other's racing tactics and choices on the various courses. 
  • nickpaskenickpaske Posts: 4
    would like to see some maps of the courses just to look at for reference.  great game!!!
    nickpaske said:
    would like to see some maps of the courses just to look at for reference.  great game!!!
    We were originally planning on putting an outline of the courses in the loading screens for the tracks - but then decided instead to do away with the loading screens completely.  Would be cool to see them though, maybe we could add a course gallery or something
  • larstheterriblelarstheterrible Posts: 1
    I would like to see the option to race against my own PB for each vehicle that is selected, not just the PB for the track. What better way to fine-tune your driving skills?
    Looking forward to new tracks.
    Thanks for a fun game.
    LTT
  • GsearchGsearch Posts: 2,466 admin
    Or fastest times per car type instead of all cars.  How fast can you run stage one in that little jacked up Micro?  lol.
  • Hutch_DemorphicHutch_Demorphic Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some nice ideas there guys
  • BigSexyBigSexy Posts: 3
    Any thought to putting coin bonuses in for flips or airtime? 
  • TheButtKickerUKTheButtKickerUK Posts: 56
    BigSexy said:
    Any thought to putting coin bonuses in for flips or airtime? 
    I like that idea. Sounds awesome!
    Nice idea. There's lot's of air time in the new levels coming soon.
  • BigSexyBigSexy Posts: 3
    Yay new levels! And thanks. 
  • TheButtKickerUKTheButtKickerUK Posts: 56
    edited August 2016

Is that the DRAGA DX?? That looks so awesome!!
    It's the Draga DX model. Drives really nicely in Hill Climb, adds some nice new approaches to old tracks.
  • sasithornsasithorn Posts: 1
    Great ideas buttkicker!    I've got to say I'd love to see a custom track creator as well, I think we could have a lot of fun with that and I'd love to create some of my own tracks.
    A
  • dubLdubL Posts: 4
    A fun idea to help break the monotony of grinding to upgrade vehicles. Have a "Daily Challenge" to complete x track in x vehicle in under x time for a good amount of coins. 
    dubL said:
    A fun idea to help break the monotony of grinding to upgrade vehicles. Have a "Daily Challenge" to complete x track in x vehicle in under x time for a good amount of coins. 
    Yeah, that's something we had planned to add originally.  Unfortunately it got a bit lost in the pipeline due to the last minute excitement a game release brings.  Hopefully we'll find some time to put something like that in the game now we are post-launch.
  • New Idea: We should get more new levels with unique backgrounds (if you know what I mean) e.g. Jungle, Stadium (The one in MMX Racing), Highway and Moon.
    I like the Daily Challenge.  That is brilliant.  Different backgrounds sound cool too.  I love the new Big Air track.  I plan on owning them.
    I would love to have the "best time"  listed by car.  So I could compete on a track for each vehicle.  It would have me powering up all my cars to beat the best times in THAT car.  I think it expands the game tremendously and adds a whole new level of competition.

You can see your best times in the vehicle at the base of the leaderboard screen at the end of an event.  Select a vehicle, race it, and then in the results screen, next to the leaderboard you will see a best time ever, and a best time for that vehicle.
    Thanks. I have seen that before.  I was leaning more towards the leader board being for the car you are in instead of all cars.  So the APC would show your "friends" times only in the APC.  It would encourage players to complete each track in EVERY car they have, expanding the play tremendously.   I would insist on being on the leader board for every car.  So playing more to build those cars up to competitive or buying gold to boost the cars up would be the natural outcome.
  • gurpreetgurpreet Posts: 1
    Whooo
  • vesseyvessey Posts: 24
    I've gotta agree 100% with having a vehicle specific leaderboard along with an overall leaderboard. And possibly being able to select which ghost you want to race against.
    Would also be nice to be able to downgrade vehicle stats as some stages its helpfull to pull a wheelie to get over something but if stability is fully upgraded it gets hard in some cars and impossible in others.
  • nickpaskenickpaske Posts: 4
    Should be able to earn coin with gt to by upgrades for sx till new car gets upto speed.

Ok, here it is.  Can you incorporate an average time on a track? 

Once you have completed a track with every car, you get an average time.  From Micro to the Racer.  Not concerned with GT or SX, just the car.  Once you have completed a track with all cars your average time for that track wold appear.  You do not even have to leaderboard it, I would just screen shot it here.  That would increase the competition and make even the Micro part of the competition.  I only use 2 cars now, and I beleive it would be a blast to try to better my times with older, otherwise unused cars.

Just my opinion.
  • dvon_macdvon_mac Posts: 8
    Is there anyway I can pick which of my friends ghost that I'm racing against instead of just racing the one with the next best time as me?
    Or in 3 places..
  • gunblaizegunblaize Posts: 4
    I second the big air/flip bonus coins idea. It would also be cool to have a car (specifically for this) and a level or two specifically designed for acrobatics. Could be a circus tent and a jacked up clown car? That'd be cool. And to complete the level, have a requirement of like 5 flips and track completion or something like that.

it would also be nice, like mentioned above, if the ft coins would work on the sx1, etc. But I understand why they don't, and that's no big deal. Grinding gives you time to work on form.
  • SlicedBreadSlicedBread Posts: 29
    Achievements with Gold/Car Coin reward, i.e. Ride a wheelie for 5 seconds, ride a nosie for 4 secs. do 4 back flips in a run...10 secs of air time.  That kind of thing.
    Another pip up for back/front flips and air time rewards.
    Maybe an overall multiplier that can be applied once you finish the race to your reward...crash = no multiplier just the coins you collected.
    I think there should be a definable change to what is being upgraded, like the rocket car...if you upgrade the speed...then the top end speed of the car is going to be well faster than say the APC, but all it tell me is that i have 9/10 speed upgrades....so if each vehicle has a base number that it starts at, then the applied upgrade moves the needle up however many scalable points. Flips...grip...stability etc.  this will make it more possible to choose what car I want to use to complete the above accomplishment tasks.  

I know that this is an older thread and there hasn't been an update in a few months and Hutch has just closed beta on another game but don't forget about us here.

Thanks!!
    Ok..  So redesign the RACE GAME to a STUNT GAME?