General Discussion

Weekly Challenge Thread

1383941434477

Comments

  • Hutch_TimHutch_Tim admin Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 614 admin
    Yeah, that last challenge set doesn't really make sense, I've passed that on so we hopefully avoid things being that trivial in future.

    I'm pretty happy with the car it ends up awarding though, Taurus SHO's for everyone! Maybe some people will upgrade them!
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    Yeah, that last challenge set doesn't really make sense, I've passed that on so we hopefully avoid things being that trivial in future.

    I'm pretty happy with the car it ends up awarding though, Taurus SHO's for everyone! Maybe some people will upgrade them!
    Can I trade mine for an RS200 and a fiver, wink wink? 
  • lemmings99olemmings99o ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 4
    Say @O__VER, how is grandpa these days?
  • Huskic69Huskic69 ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Hutch_Tim said:
    Maybe some people will upgrade them!
    What are you trying to say....?


    making the last stage so easy that everyone gets the car makes me think that they did it on purpose and that it will be crucial at some point 
  • grandvachegrandvache ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had anyone been retaining data on the challenge prize cars?

    What percentage have been ultra rares?  Feels like it's been maybe 25-33% range, is that accurate??
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 5
    That's both 4WD US URs on perf tyres. Better keep this one, I used the SHO quite quickly as food.
  • lemmings99olemmings99o ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    That's both 4WD US URs on perf tyres. Better keep this one, I used the SHO quite quickly as food.
    Same here. Went straight into my 2-11 for the 22b event.
  • OzzmanOzzman ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Rounds 6-10 easily done with five Stealts. :D

    As much as I enjoy easy wins, something should be done about the Stealth (and Lumina) as soon as possible.

  • Huskic69Huskic69 ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:

    Rounds 6-10 easily done with five Stealts. :D

    As much as I enjoy easy wins, something should be done about the Stealth (and Lumina) as soon as possible.

    ssssssssssh, they dont have to know
  • OzzmanOzzman ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khmm, rounds 11-15 easilly done with five Stealths. :)
  • 43MK443MK4 ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I was so naive and thought that this stealth/lumina bug will be quickly fixed - for which reason I still only have 1 maxed stealth...

    Seriously how can Hutch change performace of 2 cars so significantly withour re-running RQ check on them.

    It reminds of Italian cars patch release where 80% of cars had totally messed up RQs - still a mystery to me how this could happen and get approved for release. Got fixed pretty quick though.

  • OzzmanOzzman ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    43MK4 said:

    I was so naive and thought that this stealth/lumina bug will be quickly fixed - for which reason I still only have 1 maxed stealth...

    Seriously how can Hutch change performace of 2 cars so significantly withour re-running RQ check on them.

    It reminds of Italian cars patch release where 80% of cars had totally messed up RQs - still a mystery to me how this could happen and get approved for release. Got fixed pretty quick though.

    For ages I couldn't find a second Stealth, but then after a while they started coming my way. I quickly collected five, and even fused some away. Then a recent event encouraged me to max four more of them. I haven't regretted it since. Once they'll be moved to the correct RQ (14, I guess), I'll probably sell most of them, and get the invested money back (upgrade cost of uncommon: 21,500$, sell price of maxed rare: 23,969$). It's never too late. :)
  • James_PearceJames_Pearce ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    43MK4 said:

    I was so naive and thought that this stealth/lumina bug will be quickly fixed - for which reason I still only have 1 maxed stealth...

    Seriously how can Hutch change performace of 2 cars so significantly withour re-running RQ check on them.

    It reminds of Italian cars patch release where 80% of cars had totally messed up RQs - still a mystery to me how this could happen and get approved for release. Got fixed pretty quick though.

    For ages I couldn't find a second Stealth, but then after a while they started coming my way. I quickly collected five, and even fused some away. Then a recent event encouraged me to max four more of them. I haven't regretted it since. Once they'll be moved to the correct RQ (14, I guess), I'll probably sell most of them, and get the invested money back (upgrade cost of uncommon: 21,500$, sell price of maxed rare: 23,969$). It's never too late. :)
    I recall someone having done a load of calculations about the cost of upgrading a car, and while the cash cost might be $21,500, you’ve also fused 15 cars worth $250 each, so another $3,750. Total fuse cost of an uncommon is therefore more like $25,250, so you don’t quite get your money back in that way. Maxed Stealth wins you loads of cash and gold in the meantime, however, so still good value! 
  • OzzmanOzzman ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    43MK4 said:

    I was so naive and thought that this stealth/lumina bug will be quickly fixed - for which reason I still only have 1 maxed stealth...

    Seriously how can Hutch change performace of 2 cars so significantly withour re-running RQ check on them.

    It reminds of Italian cars patch release where 80% of cars had totally messed up RQs - still a mystery to me how this could happen and get approved for release. Got fixed pretty quick though.

    For ages I couldn't find a second Stealth, but then after a while they started coming my way. I quickly collected five, and even fused some away. Then a recent event encouraged me to max four more of them. I haven't regretted it since. Once they'll be moved to the correct RQ (14, I guess), I'll probably sell most of them, and get the invested money back (upgrade cost of uncommon: 21,500$, sell price of maxed rare: 23,969$). It's never too late. :)
    I recall someone having done a load of calculations about the cost of upgrading a car, and while the cash cost might be $21,500, you’ve also fused 15 cars worth $250 each, so another $3,750. Total fuse cost of an uncommon is therefore more like $25,250, so you don’t quite get your money back in that way. Maxed Stealth wins you loads of cash and gold in the meantime, however, so still good value! 

    I've done the calculations as well, here's how it looks in case of an uncommon:
    upgrades (1.1 - 3.3): 3*400+3*475+3*550+3*550+3*650+3*750+2*750+2*875+2*1125 = total 15,625
    fuses: 3*700+2*950 = total 4,000
    fused cars: 15*125 = total 1,875 (assuming all fused cars are commons)

    So grand total is 21,500$

  • greddygreddy ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Upgrade via ads.. 
  • hillclimberhillclimber ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • 43MK443MK4 ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I’m just too lazy to upgrade 3-4 of those stealths. Since I’m farming all minor events I don’t need more than one anyway. That’s sufficient to 3* 20+ races a day in events where it’s useful.
    and since all events finish early morning for me it’s not worth to get up so early to fight for ceramic.
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A challenge with US requirement doesn't exactly dissuade from stealthing the challenge either. Rounds 3 and 4 3* with these (up to 3rd race of round 4 anyway).


  • CasualMobileGamerCasualMobileGamer ✭✭✭ Member Posts: 131 ✭✭✭
    It's definitely Stealth Time! However one tricky round in the end...


  • grandvachegrandvache ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rawel said:
    Farming hand

    Thank you!
  • OzzmanOzzman ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not much conversation in here nowadays, probably because this is the second weekly challenge in a row, where rounds 6-15 can easily be done using 5 Stealths.
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    Not much conversation in here nowadays, probably because this is the second weekly challenge in a row, where rounds 6-15 can easily be done using 5 Stealths.
    Agreed. RQ rebalance can’t come soon enough. Good to be getting a 2nd or even 3rd UR prize in a row though 👍
  • Parimal_2000Parimal_2000 ✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 831 ✭✭✭✭
    Farming hand.

  • PashaPasha ✭✭✭ Member Posts: 290 ✭✭✭
    And another farming hand 
    P.S look at on tunes 




  • bantel_catbantel_cat ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 840 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another agricultural hand...
  • lemmings99olemmings99o ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O__VER said:
    O__VER said:
    Say @O__VER, how is grandpa these days?
    Well he is back from Japan and has taken up a new hobby: Gladiator fighting in the USA! Everyone is saying he is too old for it and he'd do much better if he was still 19. Still he has his tactics and has been doing well without pure power — instead he likes to get down on all fours and dodge challengers to try and get them to fall first. We'll see how it goes for him.
    So Grandpa is still in the USA and just won his first tournament! Technically he only won because he was given bonus points for his sleeper hold on his competitor in the final, but a win is a win and he took home the grand prize of $20. To celebrate, he had shots of Jager with his pals Xavier, Jenson and Reginald. It was a very special night indeed.
    Has grandpa recovered from his night out?
Sign In or Register to comment.