Skip to content

Dodge Challenger SRT Demon - testing and fixing thread

Comments

• HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Ultimate said:
    I don’t get why we are comparing a muscle car to hyper cars? 
    Because we're comparing it on drags.  Why not?

Think of this as a hyper muscle car.
  • UltimateUltimate Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Ultimate said:

I just find it amusing that people would bag out it’s MRA when compared to a hyper car. What car doesn’t have bad MRA compared to hyper car?
  • JayJay Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ultimate said:
    HeissRod said:
    Ultimate said:

I just find it amusing that people would bag out it’s MRA when compared to a hyper car. What car doesn’t have bad MRA compared to hyper car?
    I like it for what it is haha. Just wondering if it's worth the food to upgrade or just keep it for fun.
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    43MK4 said:
    can someone post drag times at 333 tune. Since I havent won it I would like to see what it will take to beat in dailies.
    1/4
    333 Demon - 10.16
    996 Ford GT - 10.13
    996 Ford GT90 - 10.10

1/2 
    Demon - 16.03
    Ford GT - 15.70
    Ford GT90 - 15.63

Demon - 26.40
    Ford GT - 25.33
    Ford GT90 - 25.00
    Few more times for the mere mortals without maxed legends. Focusing on USA drags

1/4 mile
    336 GT - 10.53
    369 GT - 10.43
    363 GT90 - 10.40

1 mile
    336 GT - 26.16
    369 GT - 25.93
    363 GT90 - 25.63

It’s a decent short range draggger it seems
  • jczerojczero Posts: 653 ✭✭✭✭
    I like how when you upgrade it from 000 to 111, all its attributes change except the acceleration, like no matter how lighter it gets it wont get lower than 2.3s 
  • joel24joel24 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    Does it beat the chiron ? I mean Irl, it is not supposed to.
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Agree, you cant judge this car on 1 mile, this car was made for 1/4
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    joel24 said:
    Does it beat the chiron ? I mean Irl, it is not supposed to.
    It doesn’t beat a Veyron SS, so no
  • hillclimberhillclimber Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LittleEnosBurdette @greddy you misunderstood me. this is not about the 1 mile time, it's about 0-60 mph. Stats say it's 2.3s but as you can see from the screenshot it's in fact 2.67s.
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @hillclimber i saw your post and i agree with you. Mostly i was refering to guys complaining about bad MRA. 
  • hillclimberhillclimber Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time to go test all my cars to see if they do 0-60 in the correct time now.
    How big is the can of worms you've just opened @hillclimber lol
    I've done it before a couple times and it has been always accurate.
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LittleEnosBurdette @greddy you misunderstood me. this is not about the 1 mile time, it's about 0-60 mph. Stats say it's 2.3s but as you can see from the screenshot it's in fact 2.67s.
    No, I know what you meant, and agree with you. I’m just saying it seems like a good 1/4 miler, which is nice. 
  • 43MK443MK4 Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time to go test all my cars to see if they do 0-60 in the correct time now.
    How big is the can of worms you've just opened @hillclimber lol
    I've done it before a couple times and it has been always accurate.
    I saw someone couple of months ago pointing out same problem on a car.
    Can’t remember now what car it was. Could actually be demon too when we had it some challenge.
  • TimButTimBut Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that Henrik Madsen is mad 
  • UltimateUltimate Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    Hutch_Tim said:
    Sorry it took a while to confirm this, but here you go: we don't plan to change the Dodge Challenger SRT Demon.

First, a point of clarification: if a correction is listed in the main corrections thread and has a link, it does not mean we agree a correction is needed, only that we will look into it.

On the Demon, we looked into it, and we won't be making a change. We don't have a huge selection of different tire types in-game but we're happy that our 'performance tires' are the close enough to those used for its infamous 2.3s 0-60 time. We see the 1/4m time in-game as within the range achieved in real life, and believe it can do that using tires that don't destroy its handling score. (Note that its handling is already lower than the Hellcats, and that doesn't include its extra weight either).

Of course, if people think this is wrong, please continue to bring evidence into the discussion in the main corrections thread. If you want to contest handling, it's best if you can find some performance data taken on a track with curves we can compare against other cars we have in-game.

@Hutch_Tim, you were asking for evidence. here we go... your stats say the car does 0-60 mph in 2.3s, but that's untrue...

in fact it's doing it in 2.67s. What are you gonna do now correcting the acceleration or the stats?
    Thanks for that - that is definitely not what I expected. I didn't even realise that could happen! Will look into this.
    @Hutch_Tim, just make sure you don’t mess up the top end MRA like the Zonda 760RS.... 
  • mikesmikes Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bobdylan said:
    Also make it brilliant at hill climb 
    You should see it on the ice Motocross.
  • TimButTimBut Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    311 Demon makes it 10.03 on quarter.   Will 331 make its famous 9.65? 
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TimBut said:
    311 Demon makes it 10.03 on quarter.   Will 331 make its famous 9.65? 
    No
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rawel said:
    Here's something from ig forum

Funny that burning 15 epics only gives you 0,1 sec
    The first 3 upgrades on both engine and weight only affect the 0-60 once.  I believe it was the 1.1>1.2 on engine.  Every other upgrade increases top speed and/or handling.
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The card is listed as 5 seats but if The Grand Tour Episode 1 is correct it comes with 1 seat as standard...admittedly you only have to pay $1 per additional seat...
    Blue2moro said:
    The card is listed as 5 seats but if The Grand Tour Episode 1 is correct it comes with 1 seat as standard...admittedly you only have to pay $1 per additional seat...
    Yeah, no one is buying this car with one seat. Listing it as 5 seats is perfectly fine with me. Otherwise, every other car in the game we need to question what extra cost performance options did or did it not come with to achieve the performance listed.
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy to be proved wrong but it’s been discussed on here enough that the cars are meant to be based on standard spec, (tyres, drive train, etc) it shouldn’t have 5 seats. 
    edited January 2019
    Happy to be proved wrong but it’s been discussed on here enough that the cars are meant to be based on standard spec, (tyres, drive train, etc) it shouldn’t have 5 seats. 
    What's standard spec? Base models of all cars with no factory options included? No boxes checked whatsoever?
    If that was the case then we would have to ensure none of the Audi's have specs using the optional sport-differential.
    None of the Porsche's have specs with optional PASM, Carbon brakes, PDCC, Sport Chrno package, sport exhaust, etc.
    No BMWs have any sort of M performance package
    And don't even get me started on the history of Mustangs, Corvettes, and Camaros rear-end gearing, transmission ratios, Carbs, wheels and tires, etc.

The Demon passenger and rear seat are options just like another option such as leather and upgraded audio. If it were something people installed after purchase, I would agree it shouldn't be included.