Weekly Challenge Thread

Comments

• evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 19
    O__VER said:
    O__VER said:
    O__VER said:
    Say @O__VER, how is grandpa these days?
    Well he is back from Japan and has taken up a new hobby: Gladiator fighting in the USA! Everyone is saying he is too old for it and he'd do much better if he was still 19. Still he has his tactics and has been doing well without pure power — instead he likes to get down on all fours and dodge challengers to try and get them to fall first. We'll see how it goes for him.
    So Grandpa is still in the USA and just won his first tournament! Technically he only won because he was given bonus points for his sleeper hold on his competitor in the final, but a win is a win and he took home the grand prize of $20. To celebrate, he had shots of Jager with his pals Xavier, Jenson and Reginald. It was a very special night indeed.
    Has grandpa recovered from his night out?
    Only just. He's old AF so it does take a week.

Anyway he's currently planning a weekend away with his buddy Trevor in Tuscany. 22 more days and he'll be leaving the USA again! Stay tuned!
    He's fighting ultra hard lately. I wonder what's changed, though that's not to say I don't like it!
  • joel24joel24 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭✭
    I guess we will have to fight hard as its 22 days.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 5,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, the Top Secret pack art is back.  B)
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭✭✭
    stealth challenge .... 3 in four weeks?
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mauro07 said:
    stealth challenge .... 3 in four weeks?
    Finally round 6 is japanese car. I've used 3 Stealths for the first five round nevertheless. Probably even 5 could've worked as well.
    Why are you spending gold to finish the challenge early?
  • bluedogsnoopbluedogsnoop Posts: 592 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    After the first 5 rounds, you can see the requirement for round 6. So he is not necessarily finishing it early and using gold.
    HeissRod said:
    After the first 5 rounds, you can see the requirement for round 6. So he is not necessarily finishing it early and using gold.
    Yeah, just played the first five tickets. Never spent any gold on challanges.
    Just noticed that the first tire prize is only 2.5k, followed by 5k.  Isn't it usually 5k & 10k?  Wonder why it was changed?
  • Parimal_2000Parimal_2000 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Just noticed that the first tire prize is only 2.5k, followed by 5k.  Isn't it usually 5k & 10k?  Wonder why it was changed?
    5k and 7.5k but yeah I agree.
  • RawelRawel Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anyone has a reasonable (no legends) hand for round 24 I'd apreciate
  • PulsatingstarPulsatingstar Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
    Rawel said:
    Sorry wasn't even paying attention to what happened but just done it with a Furai. Two rq26 Evo, RQ22 Civic and RQ10 GS4.

It did only just win but I also spent no time trying to optimise my hand
  • RawelRawel Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rawel said:
    Sorry wasn't even paying attention to what happened but just done it with a Furai. Two rq26 Evo, RQ22 Civic and RQ10 GS4.

It did only just win but I also spent no time trying to optimise my hand
    I assume furai for the drag? Will try that next time
    My best japanese cars are a bunch of Imrezas, so this might be the first weekly challange I won't be able to finish in a long time. At least I have a farming hand for round 24. :)
  • miggemigge Posts: 142 ✭✭✭
    lose a lot of points vs the nissan. no chance round 24 
  • ojlerouxojleroux Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    I've made a point landing in Round 24 (370PT-120PT).
    1. Skyline R32 RQ21 (969) -120Pt
    2. Silva 240RS RQ21 (996) +127Pt
    3. Civic Type R RQ22 (669) +100Pt
    4. Datsun Rally RQ17 (996) +50Pt
    5. Evo IX FQ360 RQ26 (330) +93Pt
  • degoodegoo Posts: 39
    Ozzman said:
    My best japanese cars are a bunch of Imrezas, so this might be the first weekly challange I won't be able to finish in a long time. At least I have a farming hand for round 24. :)
    Same for me.... I'm going to miss this one on round 24...
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 23
    I used furai, 1x 25 evo, 1x rq24 impreza, rq22 BBR and ayclone for test bowl
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I can't beat the Nissan, gonna be a 1st miss in a while.  Glad it's not an Austin event!  Best I can get is a 996 M45 that loses by something like 167 points to the Nissan.
    Blue2moro said:
    Yeah, I can't beat the Nissan, gonna be a 1st miss in a while.  Glad it's not an Austin event!  Best I can get is a 996 M45 that loses by something like 167 points to the Nissan.
    A 969 RQ20 Honda NSX will lose by 126 points, that's the best I can do. Don't know how much points you need, or if you have that car, but maybe it helps. You need a car that can do the 1/2 mile under 18.2 to stay within -50 points, no UR can do that.
    no red nissan gtr? 32 maybe, it is UR!
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah my Japanese garage is lacking.  I only have 2 Epics (the campaign Impreza still at 333 and the RQ25 Lancer Evo VIII MR FQ-340 at 633).  With no B food to upgrade the Evo I'm bang out of luck on this one.
    The R390 is back again on RD25.
    mauro07 said:
    no red nissan gtr? 32 maybe, it is UR!
    I don't have those, but I believe the best UR draggers are the TVR Tamora/Tuscan. I have the Tuscan, but even that would lose by more than 50 points, so I guess the Nissans would lose by even more.
    nope.. i mean for challenge.. if you have the red nissan r32 if i remember correctly... lose in the first spot on stage 24 with 120 points or less if it is 330 and then you can win the all 4 race
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accidentally won, 787B too strong... also the RQ22 BBR lost less then i thought on the 1/4 mile
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another accidental completion here. Story of my life 🤔
  • rei348rei348 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭✭
    Do you think it's worth to max the tuscan? I already have 2x tamora 996...