Dodge Challenger SRT Demon - testing and fixing thread

13»

Comments

• LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikes said:
    Happy to be proved wrong but it’s been discussed on here enough that the cars are meant to be based on standard spec, (tyres, drive train, etc) it shouldn’t have 5 seats. 
    What's standard spec? Base models of all cars with no factory options included? No boxes checked whatsoever?
    If that was the case then we would have to ensure none of the Audi's have specs using the optional sport-differential.
    None of the Porsche's have specs with optional PASM, Carbon brakes, PDCC, Sport Chrno package, sport exhaust, etc.
    No BMWs have any sort of M performance package
    And don't even get me started on the history of Mustangs, Corvettes, and Camaros rear-end gearing, transmission ratios, Carbs, wheels and tires, etc.

The Demon passenger and rear seat are options just like another option such as leather and upgraded audio. If it were something people installed after purchase, I would agree it shouldn't be included.

It’s open to all sorts of discussion, it depends what source Hutch take the specs from. I’m not disagreeing that few people will spec the Demon with only one seat but if they are using the manufacturers claimed figures for it then I’d imagine that will be with the one seat? Another seat and bench adds what 30kg? So you then have people arguing the weight should go up. 
    If you allow this to have 5 seats because that’s how people would spec it, it opens up more cans of beans than if not. 
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t think anyone should lose too much sleep over the correct number of seats. The GT90 was basically just a model and is still killing it!
  • SquadalaSquadala Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    What's the difference between Hellcat and the Hellcat Widebody. Are they same on the drag - 0-100 and Top speed track?
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Squadala said:
    What's the difference between Hellcat and the Hellcat Widebody. Are they same on the drag - 0-100 and Top speed track?
    Widebody has better grip and wins wet 0-100.

EDIT: Since I agree with 40778 I have to amend my statement. Widebody wins 0-100-0 in the wet, not 0-100.
    Post edited by evilprofesseur on
  • SquadalaSquadala Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    Squadala said:
    Yeah.. i figured as much. That i am gonna get the worse one. Thanks.
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Squadala said:
    0-100-0
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so the phisics of the engine is broken.... TC work or not? And the phisic engine recognize stats of cars?
  • kolov7kolov7 Posts: 319 ✭✭✭
    Can anybody of u post times of tracks with fully upgrade demon
  • UltimateUltimate Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you change the traction physics of the asphalt tracks for the demon, will that change the results of every other car as well?
  • Nacho101Nacho101 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    While u are fixing the physics simulation, can u also please fix my lawnmower?
  • Huskic69Huskic69 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nacho101 said:
    While u are fixing the physics simulation, can u also please fix my lawnmower?
    visit a honda mechanic then my bro
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On Grand Tour Hammond took over an hour to do his 1/4 mile... Be grateful for what you got before Hutch 'corrects' the race time!  :#
  • Chris1775Chris1775 Posts: 328 ✭✭✭✭
    I’m curious to how this is this possible....I know @Hutch_Tim mentioned that the new patch will correct the Demon’s drag times, but is this something you guys are aware of?
    Should we expect different a different result after the patch or am I missing something here? If the Demon losses so much traction on wet conditions, wouldn’t the Hellcat do too? 

• TimButTimBut Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    engine upgrades improves traction...
  • hillclimberhillclimber Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    and that's why I'm pleased to see for this time prize cars being banned from the finals. the Demon needs to be fixed first before pressure is applied to put precious food into it.
    I'm excited to see what hutch will do about it, I think it's a tough one.
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the same reason why an Audi R8 or similar will beat the Bugatti Chiron on sand