Storm of the Century [EVENT Mazda]

Comments

• Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Posts: 902 admin
    edited January 2019
    mikes said:
    Porsche for the finals. Well, everyone and their Grandmother have a hand full of Porsches. Wonder if the prize cars will be banned. It's probably going to take 5 legendaires (with upgrades) to get the ZL1
    Just posted on KTPlay, but yes, no prize cars in these finals.

Post edited by Hutch_Gsearch on
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:
    mikes said:
    Mazda would just be the first round. It's the prizes for this round that will tell what is needed for the next two rounds
    Agreed, but I’d be surprised if it was sth like Mazda then Porsche. Got a feeling it’ll be Japan. Hope not! 
    Well, I feel like a prize 🐔
  • _HighVoltage__HighVoltage_ Posts: 236 ✭✭✭✭
    Didn’t we have an event with Mazda requirements just a couple of months ago? There are several manufacturers that are never used for events. 
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My best Mazda: RQ19 RX-7
    My best Porsche: Carrera GT (banned) and then nothing until the ultra rares

One and a half week of smurfing ahead, yaaay!

Tempted to buy a Mazda CF though, want a Furai so bad.
  • TimButTimBut Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh nooooo, my weakest spot in garage = Porsche. Guess even money can't help me now. 
  • Ivo_KamburovIvo_Kamburov Posts: 821 ✭✭✭✭
    Can someone explain to me what I've been thinking...? Anyone know if 699 is still an ok tune? 

• Nacho101Nacho101 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else notice how high the ZL1 stats are for an RQ26? Better than green Porsche GT3 RS, albeit its a heavier car.

• JayJay Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O__VER said:
    So Porsche finals. I'm screwed. Half of my top 8 Porsches are prize cars.

Thing is, apart from one, they're not that good. Not better than other Porsches at least.
    Lol it just went from bad to worse. Damn prize cars were my only hope. Never got a green beast and my porsche S class are a bit ordinary.
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone explain to me what I've been thinking...? Anyone know if 699 is still an ok tune? 

wasn't that a dominant tune for the city streets in dakar finals? I do remember it winning against my 969 and it nearly cost me t1.

Also, come to think of it, I've got 4 porsche legends..2 of which are prize cars and 1 is a macan... I can kiss the camaro goodbye seeing as I'm not spending anything.

that rsr is sweet though...I'm almost considering buying mazda ceramics in hope of a second cosmo.
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭✭

Where is my Camaro ? lol 
    Didn’t we have an event with Mazda requirements just a couple of months ago? There are several manufacturers that are never used for events. 
    Yeah, there was a single small event in November that required some Mazdas. That doesn't prelude other Mazda events with different criteria and challenges. Mazda is one of the manufacturers that have had only a few events since being introduced into Top Drives.

You didn't list any of the actual events we should be running. What's the list of the several manufacturers?
  • sinnersinner Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does the baby blue Porsche compare to the green one? Does it win anything? 
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭✭
    sinner said:
    Didn't try them in drag and fast circuits, but on grip tracks the green one wins everything 
  • sinnersinner Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sinner said:
    Didn't try them in drag and fast circuits, but on grip tracks the green one wins everything 
    Thanks dude I'll wait to see track sets before upgrading then 👍
  • mikesmikes Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikes said:
    Porsche for the finals. Well, everyone and their Grandmother have a hand full of Porsches. Wonder if the prize cars will be banned. It's probably going to take 5 legendaires (with upgrades) to get the ZL1
    Just posted on KTPlay, but yes, no prize cars in these finals.

https://usdev.ktplay.com/#/app/101996/home/rediscussion/21767734
    Interesting. If there is dirt in the finals could be interesting with no Dakar and no Epic Cayenne Turbo. 
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sinner said:
    It’s pretty awful at everything tbh. I can’t remember ever beating the green one on the few occasions I’ve used it. 
  • _HighVoltage__HighVoltage_ Posts: 236 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, there was a single small event in November that required some Mazdas. That doesn't prelude other Mazda events with different criteria and challenges. Mazda is one of the manufacturers that have had only a few events since being introduced into Top Drives.

You didn't list any of the actual events we should be running. What's the list of the several manufacturers?
    Hutch_Robin, You are right, I may have exaggerated the number of manufacturers. The one that I was thinking is Volvo. We only had the one small event that required Vovlos and Minis to win just a Ceramic. There are probably other manufacturers that were only used for a small (ceramic prize) events.

Yes, Volvo has fewer cars in the game than Mazda, but that's only because you included multiple versions of the same Mazda model (did we really need 4 RX7 FDs and 9 Miatas?)
  • mikesmikes Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Jay said:
    Hrmm. The porsche finals are going to suck.
    Are they Porsche finals?  Not sure if I'm convinced it's Porsche x5.  Did you notice how every prize car being offered is from the 1970s, then Hutch is giving away a multi-year pack in a few days.  I'll wait to see what the prizes are for the prelims before predicting anything.
    Porsche X5 
    1970s X2
    Hutch_Robin, You are right, I may have exaggerated the number of manufacturers. The one that I was thinking is Volvo. We only had the one small event that required Vovlos and Minis to win just a Ceramic. There are probably other manufacturers that were only used for a small (ceramic prize) events.

Yes, Volvo has fewer cars in the game than Mazda, but that's only because you included multiple versions of the same Mazda model (did we really need 4 RX7 FDs and 9 Miatas?)
    Volvo was also used for the Clash in the Canyon Qualifying event for the Mazda 787b in October. There will likely be more Volvo events in the future.
  • bluedogsnoopbluedogsnoop Posts: 786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikes said:
    HeissRod said:
    Jay said:
    Are they Porsche finals?  Not sure if I'm convinced it's Porsche x5.  Did you notice how every prize car being offered is from the 1970s, then Hutch is giving away a multi-year pack in a few days.  I'll wait to see what the prizes are for the prelims before predicting anything.
    Porsche X5 
    1970s X2
    They only have 2 filters and no prize car would be one of them. So it will be Porsche x 5 or a decades range x 5
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sinner said:
    It’s pretty awful at everything tbh. I can’t remember ever beating the green one on the few occasions I’ve used it. 
    It has better mra
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikes said:
    HeissRod said:
    Jay said:
    Porsche X5 
    1970s X2
    They only have 2 filters and no prize car would be one of them. So it will be Porsche x 5 or a decades range x 5
    I like the Decades Range.  The Prelims will give our answer.
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it is indeed a Porsche final and no prize cars then we won't have a decades restriction right? Those two fill up the restrictions slots
    Which region has the most brackets for events?
  • Topdriver44089Topdriver44089 Posts: 99 ✭✭✭
    I have a strong shot at tier 1 (3 furais, 2 maxed, and a cosmo), but still hate the top 2 for 300 player odds.
    I have a good shot at tier 4!
    Which hand should I use to achieve that.
    Only 1 MPS maxed.

• RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jay you gonna travel for this one?