Lancia Stratos

TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭✭✭
Did everyone notice the lovely Lancia Stratos on Round 19 of the Weekly Challenge - wouldn’t it make a great choice for the next small prize car?

Comments

• O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    100% agree. I missed the first Lancia prize car and regret it so much. I hope I will not meet the same fate with the Stratos because it's one of my favourite car designs of all time.
  • Nacho101Nacho101 Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 12
    Did everyone notice the lovely Lancia Stratos on Round 19 of the Weekly Challenge - wouldn’t it make a great choice for the next small prize car?

I was thinking exactly the same as I played this round. Now more than ever I agree with TD40778
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O__VER said:
    100% agree. I missed the first Lancia prize car and regret it so much. I hope I will not meet the same fate with the Stratos because it's one of my favourite car designs of all time.
    The designer, Marcello Gandini, also penned the Lamborghini Miura, Countach and Diablo.  

Fun fact - he was responsible for the Fiat X1/9 and Bugatti EB110 as well.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 5,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely noticed it.  However, we've had other prize cars show up that were never awarded.  (CTS-V, of note)
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Posts: 844 admin
    O__VER said:
    The designer, Marcello Gandini, also penned the Lamborghini Miura, Countach and Diablo.  

Yeah, I really like the X1/9. Also, the Lancia Stratos Zero, which I hope one day to bring to TD.
    Since we already have a precedence for concept cars, I also want the 2010 Lancia Stratos concept.
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why concept though? Stratos 2018 is real deal.

• hillclimberhillclimber Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O__VER said:

Yeah, I really like the X1/9. Also, the Lancia Stratos Zero, which I hope one day to bring to TD.
    rather within weeks then months? 
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Posts: 844 admin
    edited February 12
    rather within weeks then months? 
    New Lancia models are a ways down the road. I just compiled the list of player suggestions recently. The biggest variable in getting new models in the game is the licensing part, and the time that takes varies from company to company.
  • mikesmikes Posts: 4,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we’re bringing wedgy concepts into the game, how about the Mercedes C111?

greddy said:
    Why concept though? Stratos 2018 is real deal.

Because the New Stratos isn't associated with Lancia?
    edited February 12
    Lancia doesnt exist anymore, and this car was made from 2010 concept which was never made by Lancia themselves. I would prefer real car rather than concept. 
  • _HighVoltage__HighVoltage_ Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    If we are talking about wedge concepts, there can be only one:

edited February 13
    greddy said:
    Lancia doesnt exist anymore 
    This I was not aware of.  Is this not Lancia?
    https://www.lancia.com/

I also thought that the concept was made by their parent company.  Guess I was wrong.
    HeissRod said:
    greddy said:

I also thought that the concept was made by their parent company.  Guess I was wrong.
    Lancia does still exist, but its now a company with only one (very boring) model, and I can't see it lasting much longer.
    edited February 13
    HeissRod said:
    greddy said:

Lancia was reestablished and now they make only Lancia Ypsilon which is sold only in Italia. Its shame what FIAT or lately FCA group did with that brand, one of the most dominant rally car maker. 

New Stratos was never a Lancia project. Project was ordered and financed by some whealthy dude as a one-off car. In 2014 project was handed to manifattura automobili torino (devel16, apollo, SCG003s,..) to make 25 cars for public sale.

http://www.new-stratos.com/en/#/article/a3

The New Stratos project was originally commissioned in 2010 from Pininfarina by billionaire Michael Stoschek, who is chairman of the Brose Group. Stoschek, the grandson of Brose's founder Max Brose, is a rally enthusiast.
  • willcf15willcf15 Posts: 334 ✭✭✭
    If we are talking about wedge concepts, there can be only one:

I dunno man, there might be two

Nacho101 said:
    Forget about concepts, how about a full blown production wedgie

Nah man. We're talking about cars here, not door wedges.
  • AJTheCaveManAJTheCaveMan Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. Really love the Stratos.