General Discussion

Multiple prize cars (Mercedes-AMG GT3 - Ford GT40 - BMW M3 GTS)

AntounAntoun Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 14 in General Discussion
Hi @Hutch_Robin @Hutch_Tim !

I would like to know what are you going to do with these 3 prize cars which were proposed multiple times in the past ?
Some of us own 2 x Mercedes-AMG GT3 or 3 x Ford GT40 or 4 x M3 GTS.

If a redo is proposed on these cars will you allow new owners to get for example up to 2 x AMG GT3, or just one, which will not be fair for all the players ?

The same question about the Ford GT40 and BMW M3 GTS. Are you thinking to do multiple redo which seems fair ?

Comments

• mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Multiple for all i hope or the rules are broken!
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mauro07 said:
    Multiple for all i hope or the rules are broken!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!
  • bobdylanbobdylan Member Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the "redo" ? 
    I missed it 
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love that AMG GT3, even one would be great.
  • didabigdidabig Member Posts: 37
    I think they should swap this 3 prize cars by ... a random RQ3 car... Everyone would be happy!
  • AntounAntoun Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bobdylan said:
    What's the "redo" ? 
    I missed it 
    Propose another time a car already given like the Carrera GT, the Pikes Peak...
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14
    the question is, how much would it hutch hurt to allow more players more of those multiple prize cars? and I think the answer is not that much. the damage is already caused. a car like the M3 GTS has always to be banned from any finals.
    edited February 14
    @TopDrives40778 Well if you cross two maxed Mercedes-AMG GT3 in an event where it fits perfectly and you have only one because Hutch has decided that new "members" are only allowed to have one, I don't think it's really fair...

Hutch has made a mistake with these multiples prize cars, but I think every players should be allowed to have the same benefits...

I think Hutch could give just one of these models only if all 3 are excluded from all events giving a Carbon Fiber or a better reward.
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Member Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Antoun said:
    @TopDrives40778 Well if you cross two maxed Mercedes-AMG GT3 in an event where it fits perfectly and you have only one because Hutch has decided that new "members" are only allowed to have one, I don't think it's really fair...

Hutch has made a mistake with these multiples prize cars, but I think every players should be allowed to have the same benefits...

I think Hutch could give just one of these models only if all 3 are excluded from all events giving a Carbon Fiber or a better reward.
    I have run across two maxed AMG GT3s and also two maxed M3 GTSs - I cringed and then had to find a creative hand selection to make the best of it.  In the end I considered it a nice challenge.  At no point did I think Hutch must allow me to have two or three of those cars.

Life's not fair and sometimes Top Drives is not fair, but again, it does not mean we should repeat the same mistakes (and whether they would admit it or not, I think Hutch realizes it was a mistake).

I understand where you are coming from, I just don't agree.
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Member Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Antoun said:

I think excluding them from all events that have a CF as the top prize is a little harsh. The trend is already gravitating towards not being able to use them for prize car finals (which I can understand, don’t wanna flog that dead horse anymore). To take them away from any event where there is an increased desire to be competitive (due to the greater rewards) would be really handicapping said cars. I think if they offer them again, it should be as the reruns (like the current Evo X one) are currently operating - with a separate owners club event. 
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rather like the RQ30 epics, once a mistake has been made, it’s very hard to get out of.

In my opinion no one should have been allowed to get more than one of any prize car. Now that prize car owners are banned from repeat events, Hutch have painted themselves into a corner.

Option A: Only the people that already have multiples will ever be able to able to have multiples. 
    Option B: Those people will be able to get a 3rd, 4th or more.
    Option C: too difficult to contemplate 

tricky 👎
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with 01055 
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14
    I mean, we're talking about prize cars that were given away over a year ago.  I'd venture a guess that at least half of the players that earned multiple prize cars have moved onto other things.  Is it really a widespread problem?  We're talking about a) a player having won more than one event and b) having stuck around for more than a year after doing so.

Edit - Apparently this has already been mentioned. :D
  • Evil_RabbitEvil_Rabbit Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    its benn 388 days since I won my M3 GTS, I never see it in any events. Cant really remember the last time I used it.
    So I really dont see the big problem here, and remember its been 388 days since I won mine. I wonder how many that won that car is still playing...
    Im just stubborn to keep playing :)
  • krystiankrystian Member Posts: 646 ✭✭✭✭
    Antoun said:

So what's the benefit of being long time player
    who was able to win multiple good cars?
    How many players did you saw with 2 maxed Merc Gt3? I haven't seen any ;)

• OzzmanOzzman Member Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about just removing the prize car status of said cars, and making them available to everyone from packs? They're not really game-changers, are they? Not sure about the Merc, that seems like a beast just by the numbers. Not sure that would be fair either. And new prize cars would be needed for all three manufacturers, don't know how hard that would be. Just an idea.
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Member Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14
    krystian said:
    Antoun said:

So what's the benefit of being long time player
    who was able to win multiple good cars?
    How many players did you saw with 2 maxed Merc Gt3? I haven't seen any ;)

Maybe if I had a little more incentive to use them I’d max the second one

Although apparently I’ve used the maxed one quite a bit

• DoupaoDoupao Member Posts: 376 ✭✭✭
    just redo them all until everyone has one
  • James_PearceJames_Pearce Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or just give me a couple of each and we can all forget about it. 
  • bobdylanbobdylan Member Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbf with the possibility of different tunes ... the whole point is to collect multiples 330 303 03
    Hi @Hutch_Robin @Hutch_Tim So what is your opinion about that subject ?
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 821 admin
    edited February 18
    Antoun said:
    Hi @Hutch_Robin @Hutch_Tim So what is your opinion about that subject ?
    Antoun, I'm not going to weigh in on every thread - some ideas are well-discussed without the dev team's input. We're not currently going to do anything with the prize cars that have been awarded multiple times.

Long term, I think O__VER's solution is interesting (albeit requires a trade in mechanic). TD01055 and HeissRod are right though, this is a very small part of the game, affecting very few people. It's unlikely to be a higher priority than other things discussed across the forums.

Currently, the event system can gate event entry based on whether a user has ever won or not won a particular car. If you're thinking the system should do more than that, know that that would require additional code time.
    edited February 18
    @Hutch_Robin Thanks at least for your answer.
  • UltimateUltimate Member Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just realised @Ozzman said the same thing. I therefore am echoing his good idea
  • O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty good idea though @Ultimate. There's only a few cars that have the problem and those brands could do with a few new cars pretty desperately anyway. One of the new cars could replace the old prize cars if Hutch wants every brand to have at least one prize car.

For example, Merc could have the AMG GTR, BMW could have the new M5, Ford could have the new Focus RS.