General Discussion

Unbelievable results

vladimir1989vladimir1989 Member Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
Hi top drives gurus,
Could you please explain this one to me.

Comments

• ljhcjpljhcjp Member Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
    am I missing something? I can’t see the problem 
  • lonelyterroristlonelyterrorist Member Posts: 82 ✭✭
    Handling shouldn't affect straight line races
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ljhcjp said:
    he lost when the cars have same upgrade on engine and weight!!!!
  • vladimir1989vladimir1989 Member Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    ljhcjp said:
    Apparently the handling is important in Drag races, if you use a hellcat. 
  • tichoblintichoblin Member Posts: 944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you know about unbelievable results:)?.. demon lost
    tichoblin said:
    WHAAAAT?
    I thought 1/4 mile was the only thing which was working in this game
  • TimButTimBut Member Posts: 827 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tichoblin said:
    a y ane znal chto ti russkiy :smile:

Guess my demon sits out this event too
  • ljhcjpljhcjp Member Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    Yep. I can't find the thread where this was reported first, but it looks like the Santa Monica pier spline (the path the cars follow) must have a very slight curve to it (as well as the downslope), which gives a marginal advantage to cars with better handling. In tests I could only see it show up for the very fastest cars (like McLarens and Hellcats), and the El Camino, and only on the wet version of the track. I assume on the dry version they're fast enough that the curve has a small enough effect that the result is a tie. This is noted as a bug.

tichoblin said:
    Like hillclimber pointed out over here, the Demon is so fast it revealed a new physics bug: the game doesn't believe it has enough traction to accelerate as fast as it actually says, so it doesn't hit a 2.3s 0-60 time. The very few cars that are RWD/Perf and have a sub-3.0s 0-60 time will show the traction warning triangle at launch, indicating the AI is throttling to try to maintain traction.

That said, on the Santa Monica 1/4m dry, a 333 Demon beats a 996 Hellcat Widebody. So the factor making the difference here is that they engine upgrades on the Hellcat have given it that slight traction advantage, which gives it the edge in the wet.
    So it’s nothing to do with the age of the engine??? Are you sure you know what your doing? 🤭
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    Yep. I can't find the thread where this was reported first, but it looks like the Santa Monica pier spline (the path the cars follow) must have a very slight curve to it (as well as the downslope), which gives a marginal advantage to cars with better handling. In tests I could only see it show up for the very fastest cars (like McLarens and Hellcats), and the El Camino, and only on the wet version of the track. I assume on the dry version they're fast enough that the curve has a small enough effect that the result is a tie. This is noted as a bug.

tichoblin said:
    Like hillclimber pointed out over here, the Demon is so fast it revealed a new physics bug: the game doesn't believe it has enough traction to accelerate as fast as it actually says, so it doesn't hit a 2.3s 0-60 time. The very few cars that are RWD/Perf and have a sub-3.0s 0-60 time will show the traction warning triangle at launch, indicating the AI is throttling to try to maintain traction.

That said, on the Santa Monica 1/4m dry, a 333 Demon beats a 996 Hellcat Widebody. So the factor making the difference here is that they engine upgrades on the Hellcat have given it that slight traction advantage, which gives it the edge in the wet.
    Absurd..... 
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 24
    Shouldn't grip play a part in drags though? If 2 cars have identical engines and weight but 1 has the better ability to out that power down into the tarmac...shouldn't it win?
    Blue2moro said:
    Shouldn't grip play a part in drags though? If 2 cars have identical engines and weight but 1 has the better ability to out that power down into the tarmac...shouldn't it win?
    Your understanding of grip is not the same as in top drives.

You think of grip as in gripping the surface... how un-top drives.

Here grip means cornering abilities.

• LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s no way a 363 Demon should be losing to a 993 hellcat over a 1/2 drag. 
  • NumarNumar Member Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s not grip like IRL it’s more like a handling spec i believe
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think of the grip/chassis as lateral handling
  • Parimal_2000Parimal_2000 Member Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭
    Well it's a Dodge and you have raced it 500+ times. How many miles does it have? If it has low mileage, get rid of it or else drive it till the wheels fall off.
  • grandvachegrandvache Member Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    Your understanding of grip is not the same as in top drives.

You think of grip as in gripping the surface... how un-top drives.

Here grip means cornering abilities.

Which is why it’s not called grip anymore
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Member Posts: 531 ✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:
    Makes you wonder what the extra 230bhp is doing...

The Camaro is 50% heavier and both taller and wider. 
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Member Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:

And has non-existent mra currently 
  • 43MK443MK4 Member Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:

And has non-existent mra currently 
    Hutch indicated that mra will be improved in one of their posts.
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Member Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    43MK4 said:
    Hutch indicated that mra will be improved in one of their posts.
    Yeah I did see, hence the word currently at the end lol
    BoxtaS said:

Doesn’t really come into it IG. 
    Macan turbo is quicker, Audi RS6 absolutely destroys it, both are heavier and bigger with less power. 
    The RS6 would cover 150 mtrs less than the ZL1 which is completely unrealistic. 

• HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rawel said:
    So if a tiny curve on a drag strip is enough to slow down a car with lower handling, how can a test bowl with quite a bend stay unaffected?
    Banking?  That's all I got.
    Rawel said:
    So if a tiny curve on a drag strip is enough to slow down a car with lower handling, how can a test bowl with quite a bend stay unaffected?
    It’s a funny one the test bowl, pretty sure a slick shod car performs no differently on a rolling wet test bowl than it does on a dry. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Member Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rawel said:
    It’s a funny one the test bowl, pretty sure a slick shod car performs no differently on a rolling wet test bowl than it does on a dry. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    I’m almost positive I’ve had my RQ27 AMG GT3 stink it up on the wet test bowl
    Well that's literally why they renamed it to Handling..
    So a catherham or lotus are worst at handling than some of the SUVs?