Austin Challenge Series - February

1235»

Comments

• TGPDTGPD Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lg29 said:
    TGPD said:
    Lol I got 2 food A's, 1 from the ceramic (the S63) and 1 from the CF (Lotus Esprit). Shame I fused my RS2 into an A45 for the merc event.
    I also got an S 63 from my first Carbon Fiber; does the S 63 have good mid-range acceleration?
    Supposedly. AMG Mercs always do. And it's sub-par on paper so it must have good midrange.
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Round 12 looked difficult so I made a tailored hand just for that round. Easy wins in all 5 races with this in order, in case anyone else is struggling.

Man I needed those 10 slots!

• HvalenHvalen Posts: 298 ✭✭✭
    lg29 said:
    TGPD said:
    Lol I got 2 food A's, 1 from the ceramic (the S63) and 1 from the CF (Lotus Esprit). Shame I fused my RS2 into an A45 for the merc event.
    I also got an S 63 from my first Carbon Fiber; does the S 63 have good mid-range acceleration?
    It does. My Merc hand is not very good so I used it a bit for the recent Merc event. Very good on 75-125, 1/2 mile drag and the likes. Not very good on top-end stuff due to the limiter. Haven't tried 0-150, but I'd expect it to be pretty decent. Probably not worth maxing, but might be a good RQ-saver in some events.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Round 15 finished.  Only 3 more to go.  B)
  • prexprex Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Struggling at round 9 atm. I am using 2 Austins (both 669), a Caterham, a Stealth and a Beat but I need 2 more points. Where did you guys put your Austins? What did you use? Solved.
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    prex said:
    Struggling at round 9 atm. I am using 2 Austins (both 669), a Caterham, a Stealth and a Beat but I need 2 more points. Where did you guys put your Austins? What did you use?
    I don't remember how many rq you need.. but a second stealth?
  • prexprex Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    mauro07 said:
    prex said:
    Struggling at round 9 atm. I am using 2 Austins (both 669), a Caterham, a Stealth and a Beat but I need 2 more points. Where did you guys put your Austins? What did you use?
    I don't remember how many rq you need.. but a second stealth?
    Max RQ30. But I just solved it using a Seville and a RX-7 instead of Caterham and Beat. Thanks anyway!
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also finished, wasn't hard, I really like that these Austin challanges reward a good low-end garage. Nothing but duplicate Bs from the CF packs, but still these kind of challanges and prizes are very welcome! Thanks Hutch.
  • AJTheCaveManAJTheCaveMan Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Final round:Some half tuned, but it's enough to win. 
    Only pulled another B Class Mini from the final carbon. Feelsbadman..
  • rei348rei348 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭✭
    Done without tuning the Allegro more than 666 :smile:

• Parimal_2000Parimal_2000 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    rei348 said:
    Done without tuning the Allegro more than 666 :smile:

Done without tuning more than 636.
  • AvengedAvenged Posts: 520 ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone managed to clear the 3rd set with a Healy and Allegro?

The Healy is such an incredible liability - feels like if you don't have Austins 2 and 3 you aren't making it far.

Someone please tell me they cleared the challenge with a Healy.