IRGP Pro Circuit - Win the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1!

Comments

• Olli8888Olli8888 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭✭
    But it just shows how you all lowered your expectations 
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olli8888 said:
    Olli8888 said:
    Twinkie said:
    Who disagreed with 40778 again?
    This is not acceptable
    Who ever this was should be banned for that!
    Wow...I enjoy a good disagree now and again, but you must have a cold dead heart to disagree with that positive uplifting comment to Robin.  What's next - a thumbs down to week-old kittens and smiling newborn babies  :D

j/k  All in good fun friend

No, but seriously, what could you disagree with?  You don't like Champagne or something?

That’s me, and I just disagree with what you said, you sir must have to much time
    You disagree with what part of what I said?

"Let's all raise a glass to Robin for coming up with something completely different, exceedingly interesting, involving player requests, ability to win multiple prize cars, and will rob us of productivity for 2 weeks"
    With that part: „let’s all raise a glass of Robin“ i (and a bunch of others) spent so much real money, that I can expect that they do their job. So i won’t Party if they come up with a new idea after 1 year... sorry
    To be clear, it wasn't a glass of Robin  :D    I would disagree with myself about that  
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikes said:
    Twinkie said:
    @mikes was actually right with his conclusion wow
    I MUST GET 10 SMART EVs!
    I'm totally going to see how many players do this.
    There are nine ways to tune a car, so clearly I need at least nine copies of each prize car. Plus spares for events where I need two copies of that car.

Although I do feel sorry for mikes if he's only able to get ten. As I already own a Smart EV, I can AIM FOR ELEVEN!

I'm guessing maybe 40% of players get three smarts from the nine events and 30% of those get three rovers from the six events.

That would mean 12% of players get the Superbird and Carbon Fibre. In normal final terms that means 60 out of every 500 players which sounds about right - slightly lower percentage getting CFs than normal, but lots of additional packs in the build up and prize cars on offer. I often get place 60 or less, so I'm hopefully of my chances here (and I've been hanging on to a pair of Rover 216s) .

Although if those figures are even remotely correct the ZR1 is going to go to just 0.48% of the original entrants. That's equivalent to 2.4 people in a normal open access 500 person final.

On the other hand there are likely to be more people participating as nine events with nine different sets of requirements ensure that almost everyone is able to enter, so the number of prize cars given out may not be that much smaller than some of the finals requiring rarer cars (5xDodge).

I'll be interested to see what the cars given out on other tiers in the finals are like. Will it be epics and ultra-rares as you'd expect from place ~60 or less in a normal RQ29 car final? I'm expecting to be somewhere around place 300 or 400 in the ZR1 event (assuming it fills). With the Superbird being required to qualify away I'm guessing it's US cars and my garage is weak there. 
    There’s only 9 opportunities to win the Smart. The max you can have following these events is ten. @mikes already has a Fortwo EV I believe
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Image result for bitter meme      
  • Olli8888Olli8888 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭✭
    Olli8888 said:
    Olli8888 said:
    Twinkie said:
    Who disagreed with 40778 again?
    This is not acceptable
    Who ever this was should be banned for that!
    Wow...I enjoy a good disagree now and again, but you must have a cold dead heart to disagree with that positive uplifting comment to Robin.  What's next - a thumbs down to week-old kittens and smiling newborn babies  :D

j/k  All in good fun friend

No, but seriously, what could you disagree with?  You don't like Champagne or something?

That’s me, and I just disagree with what you said, you sir must have to much time
    You disagree with what part of what I said?

"Let's all raise a glass to Robin for coming up with something completely different, exceedingly interesting, involving player requests, ability to win multiple prize cars, and will rob us of productivity for 2 weeks"
    With that part: „let’s all raise a glass of Robin“ i (and a bunch of others) spent so much real money, that I can expect that they do their job. So i won’t Party if they come up with a new idea after 1 year... sorry
    To be clear, it wasn't a glass of Robin  :D    I would disagree with myself about that  
    Then we speak the same language ;)
  • Nacho101Nacho101 Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭
    TD01055 said:
    mikes said:
    Twinkie said:
    I MUST GET 10 SMART EVs!

It's 100 players in the normal events, and the Finals is standard at 500. Of course, we'll keep an eye on qualification numbers.
    Top 20 winning the prize car from a 500 pool is pretty good, thanks. 
    Not really. Player pool will be drastically reduced to all those that qualified from previous events. I’m surprised they have kept the bracket that big for finals
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikes said:
    Twinkie said:
    I MUST GET 10 SMART EVs!
    There are nine ways to tune a car, so clearly I need at least nine copies of each prize car. Plus spares for events where I need two copies of that car.

Although I do feel sorry for mikes if he's only able to get ten. As I already own a Smart EV, I can AIM FOR ELEVEN!

I'm guessing maybe 40% of players get three smarts from the nine events and 30% of those get three rovers from the six events.

That would mean 12% of players get the Superbird and Carbon Fibre. In normal final terms that means 60 out of every 500 players which sounds about right - slightly lower percentage getting CFs than normal, but lots of additional packs in the build up and prize cars on offer. I often get place 60 or less, so I'm hopefully of my chances here (and I've been hanging on to a pair of Rover 216s) .

Although if those figures are even remotely correct the ZR1 is going to go to just 0.48% of the original entrants. That's equivalent to 2.4 people in a normal open access 500 person final.

On the other hand there are likely to be more people participating as nine events with nine different sets of requirements ensure that almost everyone is able to enter, so the number of prize cars given out may not be that much smaller than some of the finals requiring rarer cars (5xDodge).

I'll be interested to see what the cars given out on other tiers in the finals are like. Will it be epics and ultra-rares as you'd expect from place ~60 or less in a normal RQ29 car final? I'm expecting to be somewhere around place 300 or 400 in the ZR1 event (assuming it fills). With the Superbird being required to qualify away I'm guessing it's US cars and my garage is weak there. 
    Why do you need 9 copies of the prize cars? You’ll only need 3 and you won’t have to tune any of them. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nacho101 said:
    TD01055 said:
    mikes said:
    Twinkie said:
    I MUST GET 10 SMART EVs!

It's 100 players in the normal events, and the Finals is standard at 500. Of course, we'll keep an eye on qualification numbers.
    Top 20 winning the prize car from a 500 pool is pretty good, thanks. 
    Not really. Player pool will be drastically reduced to all those that qualified from previous events. I’m surprised they have kept the bracket that big for finals
    Yeah I agree - see my later comment.
  • bantel_catbantel_cat Posts: 935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good job Hutch.
    Confused as hell but it doesn't take much!

Agree on stopping after 3, though wouldn't you want 5 Rover 220 as it is the strongest Rover? Could be an RQ Limit of course.
    Good job Hutch.
    Confused as hell but it doesn't take much!

Agree on stopping after 3, though wouldn't you want 5 Rover 220 as it is the strongest Rover? Could be an RQ Limit of course.
    It does say The weekend events won’t use the prize cars, they just act as a “ticket”
    Ah yeah, missed the crucial bit:
    'You won’t need to race with the awarded prize cars - so no need to rack up the mileage. '

So the Progression event you enter with your 3 220 plus 2 other Rovers is just a sort of mechanism to, err, progress with no incentive to do well
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Posts: 844 admin
    So the Progression event you enter with your 3 220 plus 2 other Rovers is just a sort of mechanism to, err, progress with no incentive to do well
    Exactly. If I had card groups for these specific prize cars, I could have used weekend challenge as the mechanism, but I don't. I have a very specific set of tools.
    edited March 5
    Exactly. If I had card groups for these specific prize cars, I could have used weekend challenge as the mechanism, but I don't. I have a very specific set of tools.
    Cool, thanks for the clarification. 

The worry is that all the strong players push for winning as many prize cars as possible thereby limiting the final pool of players. How about making Tier 2 prize attractive, ie a CF to tempt players away... pretty unlikely but its a thought, or maybe more gold
  • DannyDanny Posts: 614 ✭✭✭✭
    The real question is: Are prize cars excluded from the finals?
  • TGPDTGPD Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woah.
    I'm just worried. You have to be consistent. Payers tend to have a balanced garage and more consistency. 
    Time to cash in some Google Play cards.
  • 43MK443MK4 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waking up early morning and reading a new post like this is not an easy thing to do! :)
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Posts: 591 ✭✭✭✭
    There’s only 9 opportunities to win the Smart. The max you can have following these events is ten. @mikes already has a Fortwo EV I believe
    Yeah, my mistake. I should have gone over the post again before I posted it. I've removed it from the post. 
    Why do you need 9 copies of the prize cars? You’ll only need 3 and you won’t have to tune any of them. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    So I have the optimal tune for some future event where a smart EV is the essential car to have?
  • SprungGeoduckSprungGeoduck Posts: 52 ✭✭✭
    WOW. This sounds amazing! No way I'll win, but it should be great fun. Kudos to Robin!
  • AdxREAdxRE Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    Great concept. Looks like a busy two weeks for all of us. Agree that once anyone collected 3 Smart EV/Rover they should not be allowed to enter further (Q) or (C) events.
  • AntounAntoun Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Robin Your event to win the Corvette ZR1 seems really great, but like the most of us I really think that you need to limit the Smart EV and the Rover to 3 maximum each... It makes no sense to obtain a total of 10xSmart EV and you know it.
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Posts: 844 admin
    Antoun said:
    @Hutch_Robin Your event to win the Corvette ZR1 seems really great, but like the most of us I really think that you need to limit the Smart EV and the Rover to 3 maximum each... It makes no sense to obtain a total of 10xSmart EV and you know it.
    There's no mechanism in the game to do that. The number of events has been designed taking into account that some players might go for the clean sweep.
  • baestbaest Posts: 505 ✭✭✭✭
    Antoun said:
    There's no mechanism in the game to do that. The number of events has been designed taking into account that some players might go for the clean sweep.
    Is 3 of any given car such as the Smart EV enough in the future to hold on to in regard to potential event entry, it would seem preposterous to hang on to about 10 of them in the long term?

Hypothetically speaking, I'd like to fuse some away due to garage space issues that would prop up, but wouldn't be too certain if it would cut me out of future events.
  • JayJay Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    baest said:
    Antoun said:
    Is 3 of any given car such as the Smart EV enough in the future to hold on to in regard to potential event entry, it would seem preposterous to hang on to about 10 of them in the long term?

Hypothetically speaking, I'd like to fuse some away due to garage space issues that would prop up, but wouldn't be too certain if it would cut me out of future events.
    Not sure I should have tuned mine like this...

edited March 6
    Antoun said:
    How about offering a CF pack, or UR prize car for places 21-30? This should stop most people collecting unnecessary Smarts 
  • PulsatingstarPulsatingstar Posts: 155 ✭✭✭
    TD01055 said:
    Antoun said:
    How about offering a CF pack, or UR prize car for places 21-30? This should stop most people collecting unnecessary Smarts 
    You'd probably end up with people throwing games.  It would become a right mess 
  • baestbaest Posts: 505 ✭✭✭✭
    TD01055 said:
    Antoun said:
    You'd probably end up with people throwing games.  It would become a right mess 
    That's sort of the point, so that the end-game final isn't an even bigger mess with putrid participation rate because the big whales hoarded 9 EVs.
  • MSRZ23MSRZ23 Posts: 84 ✭✭✭
    Different start and end times for events!! This is soo good.
    Also really excited for this big format. Im going to try and get a superbird atleast.
    Good Going guys! 
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it’s probably best to see what happens between 2 & 10pm GMT today before worrying too much about the finals.  

If all the events are offering 250 gold, £8k cash, a ceramic & the smart ev for the higher tiers, then I’m going to go for the gold before thinking about long term tactics. If it’s just the EV, then I won’t bother entering more events after I’ve got 3.

Either way, I won’t win the ZR1, so I might as well collect as much gold, cash & cars as possible.

The final will be a hellish gold-n-whale fury regardless of how many low RQ players can be helped into round 2. 
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, you can just smurf the events after you have the 3 EVs?