Rarity changes and corrections in PL8 (March 2019)

Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Posts: 623 admin
edited March 14 in News & Announcements
With the upcoming release of PL8, the following cars will change in rarity:

List of corrections is as follows:

RQ27 S 2015 Cadillac CTS-V (PRIZE CAR)New image and year corrected to 2016.
RQ30 S Bugatti Veyron, RQ30 S Grand Sport (PRIZE CAR) and RQ30 S Super SportAll 3 have had MRA improved
RQ24 A 2016 BMW M50-60 improved.
RQ27 S Porsche 959 Dakar (PRIZE CAR)Top speed reduced to 130mph after getting new data.
RQ28 S TVR Cerbera Speed 12 (PRIZE CAR)Top speed and 0-60 improved in response to community sourced manufacturer claims.
RQ16 C (will become B ) Renault/Alpine A310 V6 Turbo (PRIZE CAR)Name and stats changed to reflect the fact this is Group 4/B spec
RQ27 S 2016 Mercedes-AMG GT3Name has been corrected to SLS GT3.
RQ30 A 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X FQ-400 (PRIZE CAR)New photo, name and date corrected to be Evo VIII
RQ27 S 2016 Dodge Viper ACRMRA has been improved
RQ25 A 2016 Jaguar F-Type ConvertibleModel in-game is now the correct colour.
RQ20 B 1954 Jaguar D-Type0-60 corrected from 3.7 to 4.7s.
RQ19 B 1998 BMW 540iYear corrected to 1993.
RQ24 A 2006 Mercedes-AMG E 63Year corrected to 2011.
RQ30 A 2013 Audi S8 plusYear corrected to 2015.
RQ29 S 2017 Porsche Macan Turbo S Performance PackName corrected by removing 'S'.
RQ30 S 2018 McLaren 720S0-60 and MRA improved after new test data was sourced.
RQ24 A 2018 Chevrolet Copo Camaro (PRIZE CAR)Tyres changed to slicks, handling reduced
RQ23 A 2003 Mercedes-AMG E 55New image.
RQ25 A 1966 Jaguar XJ13New image.
RQ26 A 2005 Chevrolet Corvette Z06New image.
RQ24 A 2015 Mercedes CLS 400New image.
RQ26 A 2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE (PRIZE CAR)MRA improved

Notes on rarity/RQ changes
To determine RQ, all cars are run stock on a representative sample of tracks. We note their relative rank in three types of conditions: dry, wet, and off-road. The condition it performs best in is weighted most heavily when determining the overall rank; the condition it performs worst in is weighted the least.

The latest version of the RQ balancing encompasses the following changes:
- Includes all the cars that have been confirmed since the last RQ rebalance (which includes many cars for future updates)
- The corrections listed above
- The fix to heavier cars being faster up hills
- The traction changes for 4WD vehicles (where 4WD Perf tires are now much weaker on off-road, and a bit weaker in rain, relative to other 4WD cars)

Do note that some 4WD perf vehicles are differently affected by this combination of changes:
- Some (not many) rank higher in dry than in wet, so their dry performance is more heavily weighted, and their RQ is less impacted by the traction change
- With this latest RQ run, quite a few more Slick tire cars are added to the list, which improves the ranking of 4WD perf cars in the wet (as there are more cars that they beat). This somewhat offsets their slightly reduced effectiveness in wet with the traction change.
- The distribution of newer cars also affects how much a given car's rank may change.
Post edited by Hutch_Tim on

Comments

• NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TimBut said:
    And we were waiting for this...

Why would you downgrade Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IV?!!?  It is one of the key cars in 90s events and I just recently upgraded it... 
    They should've moved the other rq 23 evo down as well 
  • Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Posts: 623 admin
    TimBut said:

Why would you downgrade Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IV?!!?  It is one of the key cars in 90s events and I just recently upgraded it... 
    They should've moved the other rq 23 evo down as well 
    It's all explained in the post! To remove any doubt though, this is not something we do manually. Based on all the changes and additions we re-rank the cars via the process described. If one RQ23 goes down and another doesn't, it's because the one that goes down has gone past the threshold for RQ22, taking into account the changes and new cars.
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TimBut said:

And no fix to Demon
    Yup, expecting the Demon to be fixed. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • TGPDTGPD Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! Can't wait.
    Personally I am anticipating for the Bugatti MRA boost. Needed it for a long time.
  • sinnersinner Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Wow, that list going up is smaller than I would have expected.  So much for saving all of those C18s.
    I have about 50 😣
  • SquadalaSquadala Posts: 155 ✭✭✭
    The Dodge Stealth was beyond expected to go to rare.
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had 20+ XTs saved, none quatrro 😂
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Posts: 591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 14
    It's good to see the Fiat Panda 4x4 put in it's rightful place - at the top of it's rarity with other RQ5-6 high ground clearance cars removed. 

That D-type change is interesting. Is most of the speed being lost towards the top end of the 0-60? It's hard to see it beating the ZR2 and staying ultra-rare if it's losing its low end speed as it's already slower past 60ish. 
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 14
    @Hutch_Tim was it not manual to keep the 959 dakar at RQ27 despite the drastically reduced top speed though?

Also, Nerfing 4wd + perf cars then quattro moving to super rare seems extremely bizarre
  • bantel_catbantel_cat Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    greddy said:
    I had 20+ XTs saved, none quatrro 😂
    Not 20 but same for me
  • bantel_catbantel_cat Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So 8 cars are having their performance increased and 2 are having performance decreased.

I have 2 of these 10 cars, guess which ones... sigh
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got an accord last week and have been upgrading it for the Honda event...
  • mikesmikes Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CTS-V is corrected B)
    SRT Viper is improved B)
    720S is improved B)
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Squadala said:
    I was wildly hoping for it (and/or the Lumina) to go C15. :(
  • mikesmikes Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Squadala said:
    I was wildly hoping for it (and/or the Lumina) to go C15. :(
    I'm sitting on 75 SR for food so I'm ok with it not making it SR.
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why the handling of the Capo Camaro was reduced? Should be improved on slicks?
    Hutch_Tim said:
    RQ27 S 2016 Dodge Viper ACRMRA has been improved

@Hutch_Tim - Did you mean SRT or ACR Viper here?  Just confirming.
  • benhaha85benhaha85 Posts: 236 ✭✭✭
    Not sure why the handling of the Capo Camaro was reduced? Should be improved on slicks?
    Image result for camaro copo

That's why.
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait, what? 1 of the weakest MRA cars I can think of is adding 1 second to its 0-60 and it's still a B? There must be some kind of MRA adjustment too?

• grandvachegrandvache Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:

Wait, what? 1 of the weakest MRA cars I can think of is adding 1 second to its 0-60 and it's still a B? There must be some kind of MRA adjustment too?

Could be that's just the data on the card is wrong
    Blue2moro said:

I just built one for the Jag event, too. :\