General Discussion

IRGP Pro Circuit - Win the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1!

Comments

• RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RobGripes said:
    @Hutch_Tim why did Hutch believe that this prize car should be awarded less than others generally?

At the end of this series I estimate there will be fewer than half of the ZR1 going around than say, the Dodge Demon. 

I say this, because we have already filtered out the majority of the players enroute to the final. Of the final (in Asia less than 10% seems to have made it through), only 8% will get the car. 

In comparison to a usual final that is about 1% vs 2.5-3% average (because finals usually open between 4 and 6 brackets in Asia) 
    So Asia should continue to have easy brackets because it's had them in the past?

In Europe a normal final can be assumed to be close to the 8 in 500 (1.6%) multiplied by whatever percentage of players can enter.

So for a fairly tricky to enter final like the Demon one that required AD x5, Chevrolet x4 there might be 30-70% of the player base entering.  Let's say 50%. So the dodge demon final gave out the prize car to around 0.8% of total players, compared to your figure of 1% of total players for the ZR1.

I think you may be misunderstanding me here. I am not asking for Asia, or anywhere to be given easier grouping.

These numbers apply to the entire player base.

We have already filtered out 90% of players during the Q and C rounds of this series. 

Of the remaining 10% (which are all the strongest players), only 8% will win the car. That means, through this series, the top 0.8% win the ZR1, compared to 1.6% in a normal final. EU got cheated out of half the cars too.

Now in Asia, we never have it easy. Believe me I am not concerned with the number of whales. I know EU has them too.

The issue here is exactly the same. We normally have 4 brackets, with 32 cars given. This event we won't go past 2 that means 16 cars handed out.

Again, half the usual. I used Asia region numbers because that's what I take part in and can use appropriate data. I don't know bracket numbers for EU or US, but percentages wise it is the same. We are all losing out.

• GilTrucksGilTrucks Member Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    In the Plymouth classifiers I had a hard time, even though I had a garage with 500 cars, being 21 legendary, 37 epic ... Analyzing that. I had already closed my hope of the ZR1, in fact the cars that I really found important I already have. Rover and SuperBird, properly completed.
    The ZR1 would be in the dusty garage along with 911 GT3 RS 4.0, Catheram 620R. Ford GT 2005 among others.
  • UltimateUltimate Member Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 17
    RobGripes said:
    RobGripes said:
    @Hutch_Tim why did Hutch believe that this prize car should be awarded less than others generally?

At the end of this series I estimate there will be fewer than half of the ZR1 going around than say, the Dodge Demon. 

I say this, because we have already filtered out the majority of the players enroute to the final. Of the final (in Asia less than 10% seems to have made it through), only 8% will get the car. 

In comparison to a usual final that is about 1% vs 2.5-3% average (because finals usually open between 4 and 6 brackets in Asia) 
    So Asia should continue to have easy brackets because it's had them in the past?

In Europe a normal final can be assumed to be close to the 8 in 500 (1.6%) multiplied by whatever percentage of players can enter.

So for a fairly tricky to enter final like the Demon one that required AD x5, Chevrolet x4 there might be 30-70% of the player base entering.  Let's say 50%. So the dodge demon final gave out the prize car to around 0.8% of total players, compared to your figure of 1% of total players for the ZR1.

I think you may be misunderstanding me here. I am not asking for Asia, or anywhere to be given easier grouping.

We have already filtered out 90% of players during the Q and C rounds of this series. 

Of the remaining 10% (which are all the strongest players), only 8% will win the car. That means, through this series, the top 0.8% win the ZR1, compared to 1.6% in a normal final. EU got cheated out of half the cars too.

Now in Asia, we never have it easy. Believe me I am not concerned with the number of whales. I know EU has them too.

The issue here is exactly the same. We normally have 4 brackets, with 32 cars given. This event we won't go past 2 that means 16 cars handed out.

Again, half the usual. I used Asia region numbers because that's what I take part in and can use appropriate data. I don't know bracket numbers for EU or US, but percentages wise it is the same. We are all losing out.

I totally agree with your point of view on the Asian brackets but I’m pretty sure the way it’s worked out more prize cars will be awarded to EU players with the restructuring of the event than if it had remained at 20/500. 
    It’s a bit of a guess but I’d say about 1700 EU players qualified for the final, that would have been 4 brackets equaling 80 prize cars, now there’s 17 brackets equaling 136. 
    My maths is pretty rubbish though so someone might prove me totally wrong. 
    Nothing against you guys for getting more prize cars. Completely fine with us from AS. We just don’t want to suffer when the goal posts get changed. You guys got a good deal and that makes sense. It just didn’t translated well for AS when they changed it, not equal, but worse. Anyways I think you’ve heard enough of me. I’ll leave it there. Hutch can sort it how they want in future events, hopefully fair for all servers
  • RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 17
    RobGripes said:
    RobGripes said:

I totally agree with your point of view on the Asian brackets but I’m pretty sure the way it’s worked out more prize cars will be awarded to EU players with the restructuring of the event than if it had remained at 20/500. 
    It’s a bit of a guess but I’d say about 1700 EU players qualified for the final, that would have been 4 brackets equaling 80 prize cars, now there’s 17 brackets equaling 136. 

For EU, and US also probably, the way the format has been altered from the original 20/500, to 8/100 is better.

However, the 20/500 in this final is worse than the 8/500 in a regular final. Because you're probably all grouped into 30% of the regular number of brackets opened.

You guys are probably getting around 70% of the number of prize cars you would usually get, and Asia is getting around 50% (Our smaller player base exasperates the problem, but it is the same problem all over).

These are rough numbers, cos I don't track EU data. They are there to show that although the altered format from the original post regarding the ZR1 finals is improved for EU and US, it is actually still worse than a regular final.

• LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 17
    RobGripes said:
    RobGripes said:
    RobGripes said:

For EU, and US also probably, the way the format has been altered from the original 20/500, to 8/100 is better.

However, the 20/500 in this final is worse than the 8/500 in a regular final. Because you're probably all grouped into 30% of the regular number of brackets opened.

You guys are probably getting around 70% of the number of prize cars you would usually get, and Asia is getting around 50% (Our smaller player base exasperates the problem, but it is the same problem all over).

These are rough numbers, cos I don't track EU data. They are there to show that although the altered format from the original post regarding the ZR1 finals is improved for EU and US, it is actually still worse than a regular final.

It’s all a bit guess work as we don’t get to see the data but I think this will be the most awarded prize car in a long time on the EU, usually there are about 12 final brackets at most, obviously they are 500 brackets, so that’s 96 compared to the 136 this time around. 
  • James_PearceJames_Pearce Member Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RobGripes said:
    RobGripes said:
    RobGripes said:

I agree. It would be really helpful to understand how many people entered at least one of the Smart events, and then how many got through to the Rover events. I would be amazed if the attrition rate was less than 90% from the original entry pool to the Smart events, in which case the chances of winning the ZR1 are potentially statistically lower than a standard final.

My frustration here stems from the way that this was communicated, versus how it actually now works. My presumption was that this would be a halfway measure between a standard event and the Moby Dick event, in that getting over the first two hurdles would give you a much greater probability of winning the ZR1. Instead, you just end up in a brutal bracket full of whales, where the standard “No Prize Cars” criteria is adopted even though the very nature of the event means that those who would be disadvantaged by prize cars being used have mostly been eliminated already. I’m no whale but have been lucky enough to win the 787B, FQ-400 and 22B, all of which could have helped me in the final, but even those are excluded. 

This is format was shaping up to be a really refreshing change, but instead it’s ended up being an even more tiresome grind than normal. 
  • JayJay Member Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol Imagine how many people in 9th are going to be upset with this format change. 
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay said:
    lol Imagine how many people in 9th are going to be upset with this format change. 
    Like, 12 people.  :D
  • TopDivesTopDives Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    @TreyWelsh
    are you around? I'm giving you wins on the tracks i can't win. Can you keep an eye out for me please?
  • TreyWelshTreyWelsh Member Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    TopDives said:
    @TreyWelsh
    are you around? I'm giving you wins on the tracks i can't win. Can you keep an eye out for me please?
    Thanks a lot. I avoided you till beginning but TD26363 can beat me on two sets I guess and will push me down as well -.-
  • TimButTimBut Member Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    we need another such event. 
    It soooooo boooooring to play common events now. 
    @Hutch_Tim ; @Hutch_Robin

Hey guys! Will you provide any statistics after event?  How much players participated, how much dropped after first/second round.  How much players won ZR1, etc.  Maybe some personall stats, like who got more points in all events in series, etc.

It would be super nice to have such info. 

This event was the most and maybe the only exciting thing during this year, I hope there would be more marketing around. 
  • JacoJaco Member Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 19
    TimBut said:
    do I need to VPN just before enter event? or I should. play all the time with VPN on 
    Start the VPN in the server you want ( mostly you can choose 1 european, 1 asian and 1 american at least for the free VPN apps). After you have connection, enter the event, and most of the time you land in the wished corner of the world. After you entered, you can switch VPN off, you will stay in that bracket for the rest of the event. 

• LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Member Posts: 943 ✭✭✭✭
    TimBut said:
    @Hutch_Tim ; @Hutch_Robin

This event was the most and maybe the only exciting thing during this year, I hope there would be more marketing around. 
    Agree! Although I spent alot of gold on tickets (2000gold) to win the prize car this event was awesome with it's hard competition. All previous prize cars events once you enter the finals you know you will win or lose and get bored after seconds of entering, but this event was great with the Q and C events and the final pro circuits event. Thank you Hutch and sorry for everyone who didn't make it 
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally really enjoys this format with quickfire qualifying events. However when it gets to the end there is NO bleeding way whales can be avoided. Take my bracket, Eric Shih and another guy dominated the leaderboards.
    Also, this motorsport tag is very arbitrary. Does this tag apply to cars that have been inspired by motorsport, or built for homologation? Or is it built as a racing car? I personally think that race cars should be banned from this game because of their extraordinary performance. The 917K has incredible mid-range that no others have and the 962C has great cornering capabilities. I also find it strange that you only add Porsche race cars (I admit, 1 Merc as well) and completely close the doors for competitive racing from racing cars that were designed to take on the 962 or the 917, for example Lola cars or the Jaguar XJR-9.
    As you said, the participation rate for this is very low, since not a lot of people have won the prizes in order to get into the final.
    For all our hard work, I think there should be a pack exclusively given out at events that award at least an epic that cannot be opened otherwise instead of the Carbon Fibre. What I got was a poultry RQ19 Outlander that is going to be demoted next update. I sincerely wish that these events do return soon and I want to see what these events can bring. Maybe I'll use a VPN next time.
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reticence to release any actual numbers leads me to believe we are talking very low levels of participation.  Surely if there were hundreds of thousands/millions then Hutch would happily come out declaring how brilliant participation in the game is.  Instead we're now being handed percentages.  I guess there is a fear of rats abandoning the sinking ship if it was revealed there were only actually 2,000 players in the finals and therefore less than 200 total ZR1s in game.
    Hutch_Tim said:

- Prizes were given to top 8% instead of 1.6%, which is 5x as many as usual
    Well that’s purely because the brackets were 100 compared to the usual 500 is it not? a bit of smoke and mirrors there. 

For what it’s worth I enjoyed the whole series, with a bit of tweaking I’d happily see it again. 
  • DrizztSalvatoreDrizztSalvatore Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    I would have struggled to make top 200 in old style....no legendaries no Evo above the VIII FQ 340 which is only at 3-3-3 so more than happy with the format got the Merc and a carbon pack
  • bertmcfishbertmcfish Member Posts: 160 ✭✭✭
    It was good fun and a much welcome change in format. I didn’t think the final was very competitive - I was stuck around 50th most of the time, and maybe shorten some of the qualifiers, but overall it’s all positive!

just need to change my pack luck please (in a good way ;))
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Member Posts: 572 ✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:

Well that’s purely because the brackets were 100 compared to the usual 500 is it not? a bit of smoke and mirrors there. 
    Smoke and mirrors? It's a simple re-statement of the numbers so it's easier for us to contrast with the participation, instead of having to go back and dig up an image of what the final brackets were exactly. 
  • TD42792TD42792 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:

Smoke and mirrors? It's a simple re-statement of the numbers so it's easier for us to contrast with the participation, instead of having to go back and dig up an image of what the final brackets were exactly. 
    Worded as if they gave out more prize cars than usual, when in fact it is the opposite
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Member Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    Hutch_Tim said:

Worded as if they gave out more prize cars than usual, when in fact it is the opposite
    That doesn't seem fair, Tim clearly stated that it was less than average (90%)
    "- Overall about 90% as many ZR1s were given out as an average Tri-Series Final"
    well, I asked for post event info, thx, but such level of info is a bit disappointing.

and it sounds like it it's totally bad, low participation, more prize cars given, etc. Like it's a total failure. 
  • greddygreddy Member Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 19
    Did anyone really expected that hutch would gave out exact numbers of players participating or number of prize cars given out?

Thats not how bussines works. 

• mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is no info.. only statistic... info are real numbers not %!! ;)
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Member Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m actually impressed you gave so many prize cars out. I was expecting far fewer than 90% of average, so kudos for increasing the percentages at the last minute. 
    TD42792 said:
    Hutch_Tim said:

Of course it was. 
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:

Actually, with the number of open brackets that didn't fill that means the odds were better, right?  I know there were at least 7 US brackets and I only have confirmation that 2 of them filled.