PL8 Car Discussion

OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2019 in General Discussion
I think there's no thread for the new cars yet. Let's discuss them here. Which cars look promising, which proved to be good, which failed, even though the stats looked good. I don't have any experience just yet, because I updated yesterday evening, and I'm just upgrading my new cars, but here's a list of new cars I think look promising.

Potential draggers:
RQ3 GMC Caballero Diablo 1984 0-60 in 9.9
RQ5 Chrysler Drifter 1977 0-60 in 8.8 (could be a new common short drag king)
RQ7 Chrysler 300H 1962 0-60 in 6.2
RQ10 Plymouth GTX 1968 0-60 in 5.3 (could be a new uncommon short drag king)
RQ11 Ram Dodge Li'l Red Express Truck 1978 0-60 in 6.6 (offroad dragger)
RQ11 Dodge Coronet Super Bee 1968 0-60 in 5.8
RQ26 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat 2015 0-60 in 3.4

Promising all-rounders:
RQ3 Citroen GZ 1973
RQ4 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 1985
RQ5 Pontiac 6000 STE AWD 1988
RQ6 Chrysler TC by Maserati 1990
RQ7 Pontiac Fiero 1984
RQ10 Chrysler Laser XT 1984
Small uncommon Peugeots in general
RQ15 Citroen C2-R2 Max 2008
RQ17 Renault R21 Turbo Europa Cup 1988
RQ18 Renault DeZir 2010
RQ19 Renault Sport Clio Cup Car 2014
RQ22 Chevrolet Miray 2011
RQ25 Renault Sport Megane Trophy 2009
RQ25 DS Survolt 2010

Comments

• NumarNumar Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0liver77 said:
    Quite too less RQ for this monster!

Wow 
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Numar said:
    0liver77 said:
    Quite too less RQ for this monster!

Wow 
    It's like the DeZir of the Ultra Rare class.
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RQ10 309 GTi 0-60 7.4, grip 74, med height and 930 weight (looks like a great uncommon all rounder, particularly anything short drag or bumpy)

RQ18 Sport Megane IV RS I've already made one at 969, looks to have pretty good MRA so far.

RQ25 Renault Trezor sub 4 second 4x4 - maybe wishful thinking as this is the only A French Renaissance I pulled.  Hoping for great MRA as it's heavy and low height.
    A few maxed new cars:

@969, 764kg, seems like a good one for city, slalom, karting:

@996, hoped to be a short dragger, but terrible MRA, cannot beat the Monte Carlo at the 1/4mile:

And some others, all 969, haven't tested them yet:
    Not bad for that RQ, std tyres:

960kg, great handling and acceleration:

979kg, same as the above, also good top speed:

• TGPDTGPD Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't the Europa have terrible MRA or am I hearing fake news?
  • TGPDTGPD Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the Chevrolet Coda looks undeniably sexy.

Stats are not too shabby either.
  • RexKwonDoRexKwonDo Posts: 63 ✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    The Europa's MRA is nothing special, but not as bad as the DeZir.  The car in general is a bit disappointing compared to it's new peers. I had been hoping that with the disadvantage of Slick tires we might get an advantage in other areas, but it isn't really looking that way at all. 

I've been testing it vs. the Clio R.S. 16, DeZir, Megane IV R.S., and the C2-R2 Max (all of them at 969) on a few courses and I was honestly hoping for more out of it.  It comes in 2nd of that group on Slalom, and Twisty Rd, and 4th in Fast Circuit (rolling start), while finishing middle of the pack on the basic drags. 

By the way, even thought the DeZir has terrible MRA, it is fantastic on the twisty courses. 
    TGPD said:
    Well I guess most of these fast, well handling french cars will have bad MRA, otherwise their RQ would be much higher. Still they will be great at twisty stuff.
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RexKwonDo said:
    TGPD said:
    The Europa's MRA is nothing special, but not as bad as the DeZir.  The car in general is a bit disappointing compared to it's new peers. I had been hoping that with the disadvantage of Slick tires we might get an advantage in other areas, but it isn't really looking that way at all. 

I've been testing it vs. the Clio R.S. 16, DeZir, Megane IV R.S., and the C2-R2 Max (all of them at 969) on a few courses and I was honestly hoping for more out of it.  It comes in 2nd of that group on Slalom, and Twisty Rd, and 4th in Fast Circuit (rolling start), while finishing middle of the pack on the basic drags. 

By the way, even thought the DeZir has terrible MRA, it is fantastic on the twisty courses. 
    How do they compare to the usual suspects in that SR area such as the Focus's, Renault Sport Megane, Boxster, Mini JCW etc.
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats this guy up to?

• PGleo86PGleo86 Posts: 18
    The RQ25 Renault Sport Megane Trophy 2009 is an MRA monster - for 1RQ more than the Porsche RSR 3.0 it beats it at just about everything I've tried. Note that both my RSR and my Megane are only 1.3 across the board right now, but still the Megane is immensely promising. One of the cars to beat from this update IMO.
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    Ooh looks like a gem!

Fastest 30s car in game!
    Things got a lot faster in the 40s!

• krystiankrystian Posts: 653 ✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    Ooh looks like a gem!

Fastest 30s car in game!

Another car with wrong acceleration  stats...Take less than minute to find online.
    Chrysler 300C SRT8 from Evo websie

Seriously fast. Chrysler has gone a bit soft lately by refusing to quote 0-60mph times – we’re told the SRT8 is in the ‘high fours.’ But as SRT stands for Street and Racing Technology, we took it to a street right outside Chrysler’s HQ in Detroit to find out how fast it really is. 

There’s a clever in-dash timer, which measures 0-60 and quarter mile times, braking and G-forces, and we recorded a best of five seconds dead. On anything other than the cold concrete surface we were on, we reckon 4.8 sounds achievable.

IG 4.5 sec 0-60

Why?

krystian said:
    TGPD said:
    Ooh looks like a gem!

Fastest 30s car in game!

Another car with wrong acceleration  stats...Take less than minute to find online.
    Estimation does not equal correction
    krystian said:

Seriously fast. Chrysler has gone a bit soft lately by refusing to quote 0-60mph times – we’re told the SRT8 is in the ‘high fours.’ But as SRT stands for Street and Racing Technology, we took it to a street right outside Chrysler’s HQ in Detroit to find out how fast it really is. 

There’s a clever in-dash timer, which measures 0-60 and quarter mile times, braking and G-forces, and we recorded a best of five seconds dead. On anything other than the cold concrete surface we were on, we reckon 4.8 sounds achievable.

IG 4.5 sec 0-60

Why?

4.5 seconds 0-60 is correct

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/chrysler/300/2012/2012-chrysler-300-srt8-test/
  • rkorallerkoralle Posts: 733 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Pretty nice for rq15
    krystian said:
    TGPD said:
    Ooh looks like a gem!

Fastest 30s car in game!

Can you find me data of Fleetline acceleration?
    Do you think it's 11.4?
    krystian said:
    krystian said:
    TGPD said:
    Ooh looks like a gem!

Fastest 30s car in game!

Can you find me data of Fleetline acceleration?
    Do you think it's 11.4?
    My is tuned 969, here is stock 000

• lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rkoralle said:
    Pretty nice for rq15
    No Mra apparently 
    krystian said:

IG 4.5 sec 0-60

Why?

As you know Hutch is working with Evo.Evo tested Chrysler 300 Str8 and didn't make  it in 4.5 sec.So what's more reliable info?Manufacturers claims or live car testing data?
    krystian said:

IG 4.5 sec 0-60

Why?

On your best website caranddriver is 4.7
    https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a18202458/chrysler-300c-srt8-road-test/
    krystian said:
    krystian said:

IG 4.5 sec 0-60

Why?

As you know Hutch is working with Evo.Evo tested Chrysler 300 Str8 and didn't make  it in 4.5 sec.So what's more reliable info?Manufacturers claims or live car testing data?
    Evo does not test cars.

And more specifically, this is not a test:

"There’s a clever in-dash timer, which measures 0-60 and quarter mile times, braking and G-forces, and we recorded a best of five seconds dead. On anything other than the cold concrete surface we were on, we reckon 4.8 sounds achievable."

For a reliable test, you need GPS based equipment, like a VBOX
    krystian said:
    krystian said:

IG 4.5 sec 0-60

Why?

On your best website caranddriver is 4.7
    https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a18202458/chrysler-300c-srt8-road-test/
    No more