For all the questions about keeping a car or fusing it. Put them here.

Comments

• benhaha85benhaha85 Posts: 236 ✭✭✭
    Yes I'd go 969 on both. Eventually they may fix the slalom where 699 should win, but I can't see that happening for a while.
  • RuvlaRuvla Posts: 151 ✭✭✭
    Is it worth anything?

• ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends, do you have any better AD off roader?
  • TNThomasTNThomas Posts: 617 ✭✭✭✭
    After the update, what’s the best uncommon car with all-surface tires and what’s best best uncommon with medium ride height? After some research, I think these two below, but I would like to get some opinions from experts! ;)

• milewski1015milewski1015 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TNThomas said:
    After the update, what’s the best uncommon car with all-surface tires and what’s best best uncommon with medium ride height? After some research, I think these two below, but I would like to get some opinions from experts! ;)

If 4WD isn’t necessary, than the Rendezvous takes the cake for sure. If you’re looking for 4WD/All-Surface, I would guess either the RQ10 2000 Nissan Patrol (no TC, has ABS) or the RQ8 1997 Nissan Patrol (has TC, has ABS). 

Medium height uncommon gets a little trickier. If you’re just worried about normal bumpy city streets, than the 309 GTi is a good candidate. The RQ10 Renault Sport Megane 2.0 dCi 175 has close stats and also has TC and ABS, which the 309 GTi doesn’t have - although if you’re in a situation where you need either of those, you’re probably better off using something with standard (or all-surface/off-road) tires. If you’re taking into account the Santa Monica car wash city streets medium, you’re gonna want something with a bit more oomph on the straights
  • johns294johns294 Posts: 118 ✭✭✭
    I may have missed the explanation when I skimmed this thread and if that’s the case I apologize, but still trying to figure out fuse choices. A 969 is just an all around tune? A 996 is geared for more 0-60? And a 669? Grip?  That about right?
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TNThomas said:

If 4WD isn’t necessary, than the Rendezvous takes the cake for sure. If you’re looking for 4WD/All-Surface, I would guess either the RQ10 2000 Nissan Patrol (no TC, has ABS) or the RQ8 1997 Nissan Patrol (has TC, has ABS). 

Medium height uncommon gets a little trickier. If you’re just worried about normal bumpy city streets, than the 309 GTi is a good candidate. The RQ10 Renault Sport Megane 2.0 dCi 175 has close stats and also has TC and ABS, which the 309 GTi doesn’t have - although if you’re in a situation where you need either of those, you’re probably better off using something with standard (or all-surface/off-road) tires. If you’re taking into account the Santa Monica car wash city streets medium, you’re gonna want something with a bit more oomph on the straights
    From my testing the Peugeot is the best at the city street shorts. It even beats the new Durango R/T. But it has no midrange so be careful with that. Still, very good car for the short tracks. The other rq 10 Peugeot (S2) is faster on the medium city streets tho
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    johns294 said:
    I may have missed the explanation when I skimmed this thread and if that’s the case I apologize, but still trying to figure out fuse choices. A 969 is just an all around tune? A 996 is geared for more 0-60? And a 669? Grip?  That about right?
    That's about right, but I think nowadays it's more like:
    -996 cars with decent 0-60/top speed/MRA, but not so good handling
    -969 is a safe bet for any car if you're uncertain
    -699 used to be good for well handling cars and twisty tracks, but be careful with that, because 969 is more dominant now even for tracks/cars where you would expect 699 to be better
  • DrizztSalvatoreDrizztSalvatore Posts: 404 ✭✭✭

bearing in mind the current loss of performance on twisties of the 699 versions I have 2 must upgrade cars sitting at 669.

Mazda Furai

Audi RS 6 Avant

both planned for the 8 hour upgrade tonight.....do I go 9-6-9 or 6-9-9 (as luck should have it I have dropped a 2nd RS 6 but will be a while before I have enough fuse material to upgrade it though)

• Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

bearing in mind the current loss of performance on twisties of the 699 versions I have 2 must upgrade cars sitting at 669.

Mazda Furai

Audi RS 6 Avant

both planned for the 8 hour upgrade tonight.....do I go 9-6-9 or 6-9-9 (as luck should have it I have dropped a 2nd RS 6 but will be a while before I have enough fuse material to upgrade it though)

I had the same with my rs6. I actually finally took the plunge and when 969 overnight last night. 
    I found this RQ24 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 (2012) in a ceramic. I believe it's MRA is more excrement than excellent, right?

• greddygreddy Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    I found this RQ24 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 (2012) in a ceramic. I believe it's MRA is more excrement than excellent, right?

I maxed this camaro for one of the AD events, its the best out of those new AD camaros, but still loses against Corvettas. 
    greddy said:
    Ozzman said:

I maxed this camaro for one of the AD events, its the best out of those new AD camaros, but still loses against Corvettas. 
    All right then, I'm locking it for now, but I have way too many better Epics higher up on my to-do list. Thanks.
  • TGPDTGPD Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    greddy said:
    Ozzman said:

mra is bad, but the handling is really good, only just loses out to RS6.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    greddy said:
    Ozzman said:

...loses out to RS6 on what?
    HeissRod said:
    TGPD said:
    greddy said:
    Ozzman said:

on pretty much everything handling, but only just. And it's 6RQ lower.
    In light of the upcoming Chevy event, is 303 Z/28 campaign prize car better than 033?
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    HeissRod said:
    TGPD said:
    greddy said:
    Ozzman said:

It would be ok but now that there are really good lower rq grip cars (dezir, miray, etc), unfortunately I cannot see what makes this one special any more. Tested mra and it is meh up to 100 and lacklustre beyond that. Black 911rs gave it a proper beating on 75-125
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    HeissRod said:
    TGPD said:
    greddy said:
    Ozzman said:

Ok.  I was just confused why you were comparing it to the RS6.  The Camaro isn't a city car.
  • GT47LMGT47LM Posts: 424 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019

How is the DS Wild Rubis? I've only used it about four times in this weekly challenge, but it seems like it actually has decent MRA from the four races I have done with it so far
    Post edited by GT47LM on
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    greddy said:
    Anybody tested this one? My is currently sitting 669.

Mine is also 669 haha.
  • bobdylanbobdylan Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

two of these at 303 ... have another two now ready to tune .... question is 303 again or 033 ? 

Has anyone times yet for them both or anyone been beat by one vs the other ?
    My instincts tell me 1st one to 969 2nd one 699
    So many 033s that only win less than 3 tracks tho then am like meh
  • SchmidtiSchmidti Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    greddy said:

Question is: does it beat the de zir? 
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭

greddy said:

699 end at 5.0 98. dont have it to get times, only raced it.

greddy said:

699 end at 5.0 98. dont have it to get times, only raced it.
    I fused mine all the way to 969, it just needs the final upgrades, but I can do it and provide some times if need be. I have a second one at 669 too. :) Anyone with a 699 already?
    Schmidti said:
    greddy said:

Question is: does it beat the de zir? 
    Did some testing on the standard dry standing slalom. My 969 Clio does not beat the DeZir. It ties with the black Megane though, and ends 157/4.9/97.
    Nothing beats the DeZir it's the new Honda beat