General Discussion

Weekly Challenge Thread

Comments

• rei348rei348 Member Posts: 929 ✭✭✭✭
     greddy said:
    Winning hand for 22-25 without PikesPeak or buggati? 
    You won't win even if you have a bugatti... I have it, no chance... Only way is to have at least 1 citroen 4wd std tyres UR or higher, that means france renaissance update... No Hutch, I won't buy packs just for this weekly challenge! I pass
  • greddygreddy Member Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 3 Citroen metropolis and cant do it, only 1 maxed though
  • SquadalaSquadala Member Posts: 145 ✭✭✭
    This is imposible, Citroen's are dumpster fire.
  • VatumaVatuma Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    My round 21 winning hand:

• mikesmikes Member Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rei348 said:
     greddy said:
    Winning hand for 22-25 without PikesPeak or buggati? 
    You won't win even if you have a bugatti... I have it, no chance... Only way is to have at least 1 citroen 4wd std tyres UR or higher, that means france renaissance update... No Hutch, I won't buy packs just for this weekly challenge! I pass
    Nah, I just beat it.

• Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will be interesting to hear a post challenge report @Hutch_Tim on % able to complete round 21 onwards. That last set of 5 in particular seem very hard.
  • OzzmanOzzman Member Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Round 22 without a Bugatti, but a maxed Metropolis and two maxed epics were needed.

• David_FookDavid_Fook Member Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are any of these standard tyred Citroen’s actually worth upgrading? Got a handful of rares in my holding pool from the days agricuture.
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Member Posts: 570 ✭✭✭
    TD01055 said:
    Are any of these standard tyred Citroen’s actually worth upgrading? Got a handful of rares in my holding pool from the days agricuture.
    The C5 and the Picassos have been useful for French events in the past.

The C6 and the XM have mostly been RQ savers since the French super and ultra rares were only a bit better at drag races. 

I've no idea on the new ones.
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Member Posts: 939 ✭✭✭✭
    Can someone tell me why this and the previous challenge hard to finish I can't finish this one too
  • TD42792TD42792 Member Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone tell me why this and the previous challenge hard to finish I can't finish this one too
    Nobody without a 4wd std citroen or pikes peak can finish it, dont worry.
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the challenge is that **** hard, we should get some better prizes than a **** ceramic.
  • PulsatingstarPulsatingstar Member Posts: 152 ✭✭✭
    I just got through 22 with this hand (in order). Still needed a 918 but the rest are fairly common. Felt like an achievement finally doing it but not sure how the rest will go

• Parimal_2000Parimal_2000 Member Posts: 831 ✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    If the challenge is that **** hard, we should get some better prizes than a **** ceramic.
    Its good that it's just a ceramic. Would you rather lose a ceramic or something better like a CF?
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    21&22 are pretty hard, but 25 is so easy I won it by accident 👎
  • MoogMoog Member Posts: 363 ✭✭✭✭
    I lack a PP or Bugatti and any Citroen above RQ13, so my plan is to wait until tonight when the finals start, dump my gold on FR packs (been planning to do that for about 6 months!) and hopefully get something useful to finish the challenge. I'll have 5 tickets ready to play, so fingers crossed.
  • 0171801718 Member Posts: 101 ✭✭✭
    round 21:

1. 12C wins by 309 points (Upgrades 3-3-3)
    2. R8 Spyder wins by 71 points (Upgrades 3-3-3)
    5. C6 3L V6 loses with -124 points (Upgrades 9-6-9)
    4. C5 Tourer 3L wins by 142 points (Upgrades 9-6-9)
    3. C4 Picasso THP loses with -157 points (Upgrades 3-3-6)

Total 531-281=250 ***

• ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Member Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Won with a Bugatti, EVO and the bad citroens.
  • pmglfvpmglfv Member Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    Round 25 :
    1 - Porsche 918 (333) : + 254pts
    2 - Citroen C4 Picasso (969) : - 50pts
    3 - Citroen C5 Tourer (969) : + 50pts
    4 - Cadillac CTS Coupe (969) : + 66pts
    5 - Citroen Grand C4 Picasso (969) : - 50pts
    Total : 370 - 100 = 270

I used this hand from round 21 to 25
    edited April 11
    Not sure it's helpful, but here's a farming hand for round 25. I hope I can win the last race with the Metropolis, that C4 is not far behind the Volvo. Edit: the Metropolis wins indeed.
    +69, +69, +68, +66, -50 -> 272-50

Post edited by Ozzman on
  • aelburtaelburt Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited April 11
    Hutch, pls tell us why this week challenge is so damn hard! For a ceramic only???? I can understand the latest, was a CF, and that ok.. but for a ceramic? Really? 

My best hand is Veyron,959, saxo, c5,c6 and im stuck at 22. I can't see a way better.. 

Tell us how many people can beat the final stage. I think around only 5% (shop obviusly). 
  • RunningEvilRunningEvil Member Posts: 34
    My challenge ends at round 21, it's impossibile for me....

• UltimateUltimate Member Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aelburt said:
    Hutch, pls tell us why this week challenge is so damn hard! For a ceramic only???? I can understand the latest, was a CF, and that ok.. but for a ceramic? Really? 

My best hand is Veyron,959, saxo, c5,c6 and im stuck at 22. I can't see a way better.. 

Tell us how many people can beat the final stage. I think around only 5% (shop obviusly). 
    What do mean by shop? That we’d spend money to get past the challenge? For a ceramic?
  • TD42792TD42792 Member Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fail to understand the logic by which only top garages are being granted an extra ceramic and average ones not
    The bottleneck is your Citroen garage I think. If you weren't lucky enough to get yourself a Metropolis or a CXperience, you probably need very high end cars to compensate for the losses of your Citroens (anyone tried the C-Crosser?). If you have at least a Metropolis, then it's doable, even for a F2P like me.
    The C2-R2 Max is exceptionally good on rain, trust me.
  • DrizztSalvatoreDrizztSalvatore Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    The C2-R2 Max is exceptionally good on rain, trust me.

HAVE A 2ND C2...... did the first 9-6-9 does the next need to be 6-9-9 ..??
  • justjukiejustjukie Member Posts: 98 ✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    The bottleneck is your Citroen garage I think. If you weren't lucky enough to get yourself a Metropolis or a CXperience, you probably need very high end cars to compensate for the losses of your Citroens (anyone tried the C-Crosser?). If you have at least a Metropolis, then it's doable, even for a F2P like me.
    I have tried c-crosser paired with all combinations of my rq15 c2-r2, rq13 c4 picasso and rq13 c5 tourer - mixing with my top end garage and still can't get past round 21. Closest was 7 pts shy.
    To be fair, the challenges have been ridiculously easy the entire Winter, every week we've seen people finish by mistake when trying to farm because R25 has been sooooooooooo easy… Having a tough challenge here and there is fine.
    but the prizes... sigh... are kinda bad