General Discussion

Trophies don't matter but this really made me curious

RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 6 in General Discussion
How does someone get to have these cars without any trophy count whatsoever?

Comments

• HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buying lots of packs as a new player, then purposely finishing tier 5 often.  Looks like a full Driver's Choice hand, so those could have come from all the recent packs, if they had good luck.
  • greddygreddy Member Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 6
    Could be visual bug, sometimes you see 0 trophies instead of real value. 
  • mikesmikes Member Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭✭✭

And lots of it
  • RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 6
    Interesting!

I wonder which of these it is. It could be a visual bug, i hadn't even thought of that, thanks @greddy .  They seem to have crept in more in recent weeks. Will definitely keep an eye out for this player again and see the number of trophies they have.

@HeissRod , very well spotted re: driver's choice. It was in that event last week or so. Just found the screengrab and decided to ask for opinions on the how?

Maybe it is indeed a newish player with money to burn! Even the stack in @mikes gif isn't enough (to buy and max so quickly)  surely!

• greddygreddy Member Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In case of new player with money to burn, there are still 3 maxed epics which means 45 URs for food. 
  • OzzmanOzzman Member Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I remember this coming up before, and the explanation was visual bug/caching issue of some sort IIRC. Makes more sense than someone spending this much. Although we've seen stranger things. :)
  • S3XYS3XY Member Posts: 321 ✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    Yep, whenever I've checked people with this kind of hand and apparently 0 trophies, they actually do have a bunch of trophies, so it must be a bug where the number of trophies didn't get loaded/displayed correctly.
    When this happens to a player that doesn’t have the name bug, the profile picture changes to default and the player id changes to TDxxxxx. Sometimes without remembering my friend’s deck, it is really hard to tell who the target is