General Discussion

Question from a freak

BasilBasil Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of making a list with all my maxed cars for each track and each weather so that I can search quickly for my best team for an event. Before I start this freaky work I would like to know if there already is a list like this,.. save me some time :-)

Comments

• HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If someone has made it, it hasn't been shared.....and that's good.  It would be like giving everyone all the answers to a test, in which we're all competing to see who can get the best grade.
  • BasilBasil Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    If someone has made it, it hasn't been shared.....and that's good.  It would be like giving everyone all the answers to a test, in which we're all competing to see who can get the best grade.

I don't agree. It depends on the contest and the preference you have on using which car on which track. And we don't have all the cars do we ? I don't,.. so in my opinion it is like having 6 numbers in a lottery of 42 numbers. Millions of combinations possible. Or am I wrong ?
  • MoogMoog Member Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    A number of us keep spreadsheets (or use TD Club) to record times. Personally I only really do it to compare tunes for specific events or in a recent FR event I wasn't sure which of the new cars would be best at City Short / City Long.
    The thing to consider is that when there are physics changes, all of those times need to be re-tested.
    edited May 16
    Basil said:
    HeissRod said:

I don't agree. It depends on the contest and the preference you have on using which car on which track. And we don't have all the cars do we ? I don't,.. so in my opinion it is like having 6 numbers in a lottery of 42 numbers. Millions of combinations possible. Or am I wrong ?
    You specifically asked if a list already existed.  I infer that to mean you want to add to it.  If everyone adds to it, we have all 42 numbers.  At that point, might as well just consult the database for the best cars for each event and autoplay for 3 days straight.  No testing, no trying your hand out against other players.  Just stale events.

On a side note, this has been discussed in the past and the general consensus was to not share a database like this with the general forum, especially because lurkers could use it as well.
  • BasilBasil Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Basil said:
    HeissRod said:

You specifically asked if a list already existed.  I infer that to mean you want to add to it.  If everyone adds to it, we have all 42 numbers.  At that point, might as well just consult the database for the best cars for each event and autoplay for 3 days straight.  No testing, no trying your hand out against other players.  Just stale events.

On a side note, this has been discussed in the past and the general consensus was to not share a database like this with the general forum, especially because lurkers could use it as well.

Ok, all clear :-). Thanks
    To comment on the original post, though.....I attempted to do this once for myself, but gave up after a while due to the sheer size of the data.  :D
  • OzzmanOzzman Member Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    To comment on the original post, though.....I attempted to do this once for myself, but gave up after a while due to the sheer size of the data.  :D
    And if @HeissRod says it's too much data, then believe me, it is. :D
  • mikesmikes Member Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    HeissRod said:
    I used to have a spreadsheet as well with all my cars and all the tracks I tested them on. When I went past the 400 car mark, and the physics changed a few updates ago, I trashed it. Best to just test fro specific events like @Moog mentioned.
  • OzzmanOzzman Member Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikes said:
    Ozzman said:
    HeissRod said:
    I used to have a spreadsheet as well with all my cars and all the tracks I tested them on. When I went past the 400 car mark, and the physics changed a few updates ago, I trashed it. Best to just test fro specific events like @Moog mentioned.
    Yeah that's why I only started to collect drag times, because those don't change too often. But I got bored with that as well. :)