PL8.1 - Club Events Discussion Thread

Comments

• NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the most frustrating thing is that the game is still giving me server errors. I just got it 3 times in a row and I was on mobile data. It's just really stupid to be stuck there for 30 seconds on the "circle of death" screen smh
    I have gotten it 4 more times. This is absolutely ridiculous now
  • DrizztSalvatoreDrizztSalvatore Posts: 276 ✭✭✭
    DAILY GRIND... 5 tickets to start plus 47 more (1 every half hour )  52 tickets  .....that is 10 full prize boards where we get out cash and gold and D/E cars from to use as fuse material or sell for cash to buy ceramics. If daily prize awards are not equal to this then a lot of players will quit the game, you need to grind to slowly....very slowly improve your garage
  • malsmals Posts: 142 ✭✭✭
    43MK4 said:
    Bad news, it looks like club event has fully replaced usual daily - bye bye 40k+ per day
    Surely if this happens i left the game, its bored, i cant play hours to get nothing interesting
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Removing the daily would hurt and affect lots of players. Its already hard to keep up or even catch up with the other garages progress.
    Hope they have a second thought about this, as this would reduce the sinking playerbase even further.
  • TimButTimBut Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if the rewards are equal - we need to generate cash/gold on everyday basis, not like get salary each week after a hard week work. 

• AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Robin mentioned in the IG forum that end of season rewards are in the hundreds of gold and thousands of cash.
  • 43MK443MK4 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taking away farming option by removing dailies will especially hit newer players who won’t be able to quickly build up their garages since they won’t have 50000 per day to invest in ceramics and car upgrades.
    older players on the other hand had an option to farm dailies for 1-1,5 year resulting in earning around 25.000.000 in that time period.
    43MK4 said:
    Taking away farming option by removing dailies will especially hit newer players who won’t be able to quickly build up their garages since they won’t have 50000 per day to invest in ceramics and car upgrades.
    older players on the other hand had an option to farm dailies for 1-1,5 year resulting in earning around 25.000.000 in that time period.
    Yup that’s almost 800 ceramics!
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible to change club at the end of week? 
    greddy said:
    Is it possible to change club at the end of week? 
    Not from we heard until now. You commit for life!
    So when all players will join clubs we will have those huge fights 150 vs 150 in each event?  Everyone playing, points swinging, etc? 
    im already afraid. Now you can clearly see your efforts since all events are going like 4 vs 10,  1 vs 3,  4 vs 4. 

By the way, can this get managed? I think its not okay when event is going 10 vs 1, and 4 players are just racing Hutch bots constantly 
  • mikesmikes Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok Apple users. Go download and join a club 
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 23
    So the battles I've joined so far either ended before I could find a good hand, or got dominated by whales and became unplayable. The one battle where I did quite well gave me 1400 IG cash. I guess I'll wait and see where this goes (surely it will be different when more players join, especially lower trophy players), but I just don't see myself playing hours for a few IG dollars.
    looks like from the above I will hold off on updates as long as possible...I like my complete prize board every 2.5 hours
    looks like from the above I will hold off on updates as long as possible...I like my complete prize board every 2.5 hours
    There are still normal events. 
  • PulsatingstarPulsatingstar Posts: 155 ✭✭✭
    Don't know what I'm playing this for. Just enter the one that looks almost over and play a hand then wait for it to finish. Now reached daily xp cap, not that I know what that does?

• O__VERO__VER Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The daily is still there and still playable after the update. I believe whether it remains or gets taken away is not determined by the update. Events are server-side.

There's no real reason not to update. Aside from this new build being a bit glitchy/buggy.

yep, there are, but 2-3 ceramics are possible from the dailies with the IG cash and being mainly f2p this is an essential part of the game

clubs should have been an addition for those who have unlimited time to play and not those who could just log on every 2.5 hours to play through 5 tickets quickly for each event going
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    players need money and gold every day for upgrade cars or buy ceramics... but with clubs you need enter all possible events and grind (for nothing) and wait for few $$$!!!! :O :O it's not for me!! No time to waste
  • sinnersinner Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

yep, there are, but 2-3 ceramics are possible from the dailies with the IG cash and being mainly f2p this is an essential part of the game

The daily event and prize boards are still there after update. 
  • TD47959TD47959 Posts: 273 ✭✭✭
    Anybody else having the same problem not being able to enter more than one club Event? Every Play button isn‘t clickable for me
    I guess its pretty clear that we need more information. 
    Not just "in future those XP would be usefull and in the end of week you will get some rewards".  Why we cant know what the rewards would be?  Why cant we see what position we hold in our club? 
  • UltimateUltimate Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well by the sound of things, the way clubs is structure and the mediocre prizes for each 2-hour event - and while it is possible to play almost limitlessly, you probably won’t miss out on much or fall too far behind if you don’t play clubs religiously. I do hope that daily events won’t be made obsolete on account of clubs because daily events has a big impact for many players, especially f2p, to stay competitive. The game needs to be accessible for all and the daily grind, while monotonous at times, gives f2p players that accessibility.
    sinner said:

The daily event and prize boards are still there after update. 
    Hutch_Robin Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 760Hutch Staff › admin
    May 22 edited 10:47AM in News & Announcements

It’s time for our PL8.1 Club Event update.

We’re rolling out Club Events slowly. Club Events is gated by RQ and Trophies but will lower gradually, as we roll out slowly to increase stability.

PL8.1 is now out on iOS, Android, and Amazon.

Daily Events are taking a new form, Club Events. A PVP mode similar to regular events, but with a twist:

Hutch_Robin, ......can you clarify the above, will we still have the dailies as well as club event or are they being dropped

TD47959 said:
    Anybody else having the same problem not being able to enter more than one club Event? Every Play button isn‘t clickable for me
    You can participate only 1 event at the time. 
  • TD47959TD47959 Posts: 273 ✭✭✭
    edited May 23
    greddy said:
    TD47959 said:
    You can participate only 1 event at the time. 
    Hm could swear i saw the same Name in different events but maybe i remember wrong. 
    Thank you