General Discussion

PL8.1 - Club Events Discussion Thread

Comments

• samagoichisamagoichi ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 848 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are attacking but we can't even join! 

You can't join an event if you're participating in another event 
    I was not 😊 
    They were 59, we were 0. Clearly there was some sort of bugs. 
  • mikesmikes ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are attacking but we can't even join! 

You can't join an event if you're participating in another event 
    I was not 😊 
    They were 59, we were 0. Clearly there was some sort of bugs. 
    Was it our territory cut off from all other territories?
  • samagoichisamagoichi ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 848 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably, just saw Robin's post on this. @mikes
  • O__VERO__VER ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 23
    The easy rule is if the valid event animation is there, you can start/join an event. My hope is the animation wasn't there.

Players can start/join events only:
    - In territory that is controlled by another Club, and borders your territory
    - Where the area is contiguous (i.e. reachable) from your HQ, without going through a contested area or other Club's territory.
    I have definitely twice seen the button greyed out when I felt I should have been able to join (it was my club and I was not already in an event).

The other team was winning with nobody from my team joining, perhaps because they couldn't.

I went out of the event and was able to join a different event easily.

Wish I took a screenshot but it does seem like a bug that needs looking into.
  • RawelRawel ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know how the rewards are when a club series concludes but for everyday fights they're absolutely ridiculous. Not even worth fighting for
    Yeah, I just race enough to get that 50 daily xp in case it's worth something in the future. That's all the motivation I can muster. I'm sick of the repeating restrictions by that time anyway
    O__VER said:
    The easy rule is if the valid event animation is there, you can start/join an event. My hope is the animation wasn't there.

- Where the area is contiguous (i.e. reachable) from your HQ, without going through a contested area or other Club's territory.
    I have definitely twice seen the button greyed out when I felt I should have been able to join (it was my club and I was not already in an event).

The other team was winning with nobody from my team joining, perhaps because they couldn't.

I went out of the event and was able to join a different event easily.

Wish I took a screenshot but it does seem like a bug that needs looking into.
    Lol straight away. I literally went into clubs for the first time today so there is no way I was already in an event.

Button greyed out even though there's only 9 players in the event. I'm in Legacy.
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin admin Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 832 admin
    The server may be waiting for you to receive rewards for your previous event before it lets you join a new event. If it's not that, it does sound like something for us to investigate.
  • mauro07mauro07 ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and why clubs with 14 players vs clubs with 40 players? if i can join only one event, they can win more territory only because have more players in!! Bah... you need to investigate a lot about mechanics!!
  • TimButTimBut ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 957 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i really hate those events I can't join and see g people there just racing bots
    The server may be waiting for you to receive rewards for your previous event before it lets you join a new event. If it's not that, it does sound like something for us to investigate.
    Literally the first event I tried to go into today. I wasn't waiting for any rewards.
  • ATSR_997ATSR_997 ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O__VER said:
    Literally the first event I tried to go into today. I wasn't waiting for any rewards.
    Exactly the same issue for me. Also member of Legacy, haven’t entered any other events (clubs or otherwise):

edited May 23
    O__VER said:
    Ah, it's fine. Midnight 23 isn't eligible and it won't have the animation showing eligibility on the map. See the second point below.

ATSR_997 said:
    O__VER said:
    Exactly the same issue for me. Also member of Legacy, haven’t entered any other events (clubs or otherwise):

Exact same event and I can not join it either:

No wonder blue is winning. Hutch, this is more than a little unfair.
    edited May 23
    O__VER said:

No wonder blue is winning. Hutch, this is more than a little unfair.
    It's a symmetrical rule. As we speak, Midnight can't actively reinforce Legacy 24 for the same reason.
    you should forbid playing vs bots. It is really stupid how 150 players winning vs 11 players just by racing bots. 
    TimBut said:
    you should forbid playing vs bots. It is really stupid how 150 players winning vs 11 players just by racing bots. 
    Yeah, it's not intended. We will take a look when we're in the office.
  • adms87adms87 ✭✭✭ Member Posts: 296 ✭✭✭
    Firts impressions:
    1.I keep playing against bots. That doesnt make any sense if there are opponents available.
    2. My team was winning ~3000 vs ~800 and the opponent was losing. I get out of the clubs event and get back in one second after. Suddenly my team loses the event in that second????
  • NumarNumar ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn Legacy is full , you guys all joined it 😂
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Numar said:
    just wait some hours, its closed for rebalancing but will reopen.
  • Olli8888Olli8888 ✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 23
    Olli8888 said:
    Anyone could imagine something worse than this club Mode?????
    The storywriting of Game of Thrones season 08
    I have to agree on that, but it’s absolutely in the same category! You wait almost a century for it and then you think how in the hell is that possible! Who made this? And more important why?!?
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm kinda curious what hutch's fascination with saloon cars is. The restriction is literally everywhere 
    3 challenge sets a day, 3 restrictions per day (randomised between RQ bounds). Club Events has rolled over to the second day now, so all new events are of the new challenge sets and restrictions.

They're seeded at random from a list of restrictions and list of challenge sets. I can add more things to the pool, too.
    Why did the club event rollover to the 2nd day a couple hours ago if the days to end of event only rolled over half an hour ago? Does the club XP day change earlier than normal event times?

O__VER said:
    O__VER said:
    Ah, it's fine. Midnight 23 isn't eligible and it won't have the animation showing eligibility on the map. See the second point below.

Right. I get that now but I'm sure many don't.

There are a lot of things people don't understand with Clubs. In game I think the instructions are a bit too vague. Like how do points work? Do we get the same points as in other events? How does the game determine whether we play against a Hutch bot or a human? What does a green helmet icon even mean? How do we know where we rank within our club?
    Actually now that I know this @Hutch_Robin, I don't think it works. I have been looking at the map and can see more than one case where it's not allowing people to join certain events. The lobbies are therefore overrun with the club that is not blocked from joining and so it is essentially a free win against Hutch bots. How is that a good idea?
  • OzzmanOzzman ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you find a battle where your club is dominating, do a race against a bot with any cars, you get the same reward that you get for actually trying hard and finishing on top. Tough decision.
    also sometimes I race boy but on a scoreboard I get points from player
    it's really disgusting, all top positions are our club members. I kill everyone, but still we are loosing because a lot of opponents are racing bots at the bottom. 
  • MikethemeatMikethemeat ✭✭ Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
    80 vs 3 seems kinda flawed. And of those 80 how many are just playing Hutch bots? 
  • mckennzmckennz Member Posts: 14
    9 out of 10 times I join the club event option, I just get the spinning loading logo and have to eventually restart the app.
    if I do manage to join, I click on an area, it shows me the criteria and stuff, but can’t actually join or select cars for the event

ive manage to race once in 50 attempts
  • ATSR_997ATSR_997 ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Numar said:
    Keep trying. At first it was locked out for me too but then I was able to join