General Discussion

PL8.1 - Club Events Discussion Thread

Comments

• 43MK443MK4 Member Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it’s a new day but my daily club xp limit hasn’t reset and is still 50/50.
    U guys having same issue?
  • ATSR_997ATSR_997 Member Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is totally broken. After facing only 1 real opponent, then every other race I did was against Hutch bots. Also, the total points make absolutely no sense. We are losing by over 2000 points but there is only 15 players from the other team?? The guy in first place only has ~120 points

Even with extremely low expectations about the club events, this is absolutely terrible 
  • ljhcjpljhcjp Member Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
    Its an endurance test, who can race more hutch bots. and given there is only one opponent, his 16-4 score is taking over 2k points. how does this work?  what does the +1184 in the middle mean?

Seriously tho, what does that mean? The scoring system makes zero sense 
  • NumarNumar Member Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 24
    Just to counter all the negativity, I'd like to say that in general this mode is rather fun and has a lot of potential. I like the fact that since the events are very short there's no time to find a perfect hand. I like that it promotes depth of the garage because you can't just keep using the same cars 30 times in one event. I like the struggle of trying to stay in control of the territory.

There are, however, a lot of issues that need to be addressed and they have already been mentioned before. Rewards especially are rather pathetic for the effort required. 

Agreed on all points but one , where is the struggle 😂 

• OzzmanOzzman Member Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 24
    Here are some screenshots to demonstrate what's wrong with clubs imho.

Case #1:
    I had a pretty good hand, tried to fight, finished on top. But the opposition had the numbers against us, so we had zero chance, frustrating. The reward? Well, not much.

Case #2:
    I joined an event where my club was winning by a lot. The top places were all occupied by clubmates. I managed to climb up there, and after that I was surrounded by members of my club, so I had noone to race but Hutch bots. I could switch to a hand full of unupgraded cars and still get victories, and thus climb to the top. Reward? Not much more than in the previous case.

So the biggest issue is unbalanced events. Maybe there should be some kind of treshold, and close events for one club if there are too many players from that club, until the opponent can catch up. Keeping the balance would ensure that the better club wins.
    edit: Yeah I know it's like war. If you have the numbers you can win. Maybe it's intended to be like this, but still. It doesn't make much sense. Once an event is flooded by one side, there's no way back, so you're better off joining events where your side is on top. But that's not really exciting.
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t want to repeat all the issues people have mentioned, but I have a couple more

pro - it’s nice to have something to do every time I open the game

cons - too many events at one time. It leads to a situation where an event we were winning in gets “blocked” to new teammates because new events open up and cut it off from the territory. Once an event is open it should be available to all until full
  • baestbaest Member Posts: 473 ✭✭✭✭
    O__VER said:
    baest said:
    The fact that the potential prizes at the end of the week aren't visible anywhere kind of puts me off if I'm honest, I have no idea what I'm working to attain at all.
    A week's worth of grinding the daily for cash is easily more than a ceramic's worth per day. Granted we get a little bit of cash from club events but I'd say I'm still going to be short a ceramic.

Do I see Hutch giving us seven ceramics at the end of the week? There's no damn way.
    It could be easily remedied if they add something like daily quests to go with Clubs
    edited May 24
    TD01055 said:
    Don’t want to repeat all the issues people have mentioned, but I have a couple more

pro - it’s nice to have something to do every time I open the game

cons - too many events at one time. It leads to a situation where an event we were winning in gets “blocked” to new teammates because new events open up and cut it off from the territory. Once an event is open it should be available to all until full

I recall an event a while back around 1942/1943 where team Axis was also winning but got "blocked" to new teammates because new events opened up by team Red and cut the opponent off from the territory.

That got quite expensive for team Axis resulting in loss of plenty of their Legendaries and Epics and eventually quitting the game.

I guess this mechanics is intended by Hutch (encirclement)

• ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Member Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely needs a lot of tweaking but i like Clubs, it has great potential and with just a few fixes and some balancing it will be a lot more fun then the daily event.
    Also this. Why were we losing this one so badly? We had the numbers, we had the top places, how the hell is that big mysterious number determined?

• baestbaest Member Posts: 473 ✭✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    Also this. Why were we losing this one so badly? We had the numbers, we had the top places, how the hell is that big mysterious number determined?

Somewhere down the bottom of that table is one of your clubmates on -900 trophies or something lol.
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 832 admin
    It's all the scores from the leaderboard added up. Legacy total minus Midnight total.
    It's all the scores from the leaderboard added up. Legacy total minus Midnight total.
    So it’s very open to “sabotage” with unlimited tickets?
    TD01055 said:
    I would say so. It’s also easy to sabotage if someone plants a 2nd account in opponents club and plays very weak hand that everyone can beat.
    baest said:
    Ozzman said:

Somewhere down the bottom of that table is one of your clubmates on -900 trophies or something lol.
    I thought about this, but how on earth can someone get so many minus points?
    Ozzman said:
    baest said:
    Ozzman said:

Quit race for -23 pts, unlimited times.
  • TimButTimBut Member Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So we have now event where all top positions are held by Legacy with 20-0 15-0 etc down to 15p maybe. But we are losing because there are also legacy player at the bottom with 0-20 0-15 etc.   And I keep racing bots while someone is beating our weak guys. 

TD01055 said:
    Ozzman said:
    baest said:
    Ozzman said:

You can't quit a race in clubs, can you? Also, why would anyone do that. I'll keep an eye on the bottom of the list though from now on.
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I couldn’t update early and choose what club I wanted because I’m iOS and when I did update I can’t join the club I want due to some trophy cap limit or something I presume.
    By all accounts this thing has promise but it’s just a complete mess at the moment, how long was it in testing again.........
  • TD42792TD42792 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 24
    Ozzman said:
    TD01055 said:
    Ozzman said:
    baest said:
    Ozzman said:

You can't quit a race in clubs, can you? Also, why would anyone do that. I'll keep an eye on the bottom of the list though from now on.
    I have seen guys in my team, basically sinking the whole team, with something like 0-30. We had top spots with some lead.
    Maybe he just had a bad hand but even so, I do not believe the system allows for so many hits on the same guy, it would divert to bots (just like for top places as I am not able to hit them after say 5 times).
    So yes, just go create another account and sink the opponent by losing intentionally to bots.
    This is a major design flaw.
    43MK4 said:
    TD01055 said:
    I would say so. It’s also easy to sabotage if someone plants a 2nd account in opponents club and plays very weak hand that everyone can beat.
    @Hutch_Robin would you like to comment on that since it looks like a serious flaw and I don’t think this espionage strategy was intentional.
  • TimButTimBut Member Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 24
    So I guess the real MVPs not those who win, but those who lose. I would suggest to divide map by trophy counts. There will always be weaker players, but I guess on map with minimum 10k trophies wont be players with x5 perfomance tyres in offroad event

And I would prefer playing 10 vs 10, not 150 vs 150 
  • krystiankrystian Member Posts: 653 ✭✭✭✭
    baest said:
    Ozzman said:

That's because you joined wrong club mate...
  • hifichrishifichris Member Posts: 322 ✭✭✭
    Which team everyone has choosen ?

I can t join yellow legacy, should i go for red team ?