General Discussion

PL8.1 - Club Events Discussion Thread

Comments

• TimButTimBut ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the end I guess it's all about personal perfomance, how many MVPs you got. Meaning - how many races you did, how many time and gold you spent
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rkoralle said:
    Hey hutch, ill charge 75€ per hour of beta testing the new mode, including bug report.
    Sounds fair?
    Why would they do that when we pay them to beta test their game 🤔
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im racing far less bots today, mostly real opponents. Anyone else noticed this? Definetely its more fun this way.
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, in a real good battle at the moment. Almost full on both sides and every battle against real opponents so far.
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just had a great comeback, joined as my team was down to 1500, as more joined we could stop the downfall at 500 points and defend the sector. That was a good one and i think supposed to be how this events shall work out.
  • TD42792TD42792 ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im racing far less bots today, mostly real opponents. Anyone else noticed this? Definetely its more fun this way.
    Yeah it was like this for me fo a few events, and then now back to bots. Shame
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First 2 or 3 races is real opposition then it’s just bots over and over in the 2 events I’ve played today. 
    I'm still racing bots
  • milewski1015milewski1015 ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll have periods where I'll race opponents for the first 5-10 races, then get bots for the next 15-20. 
  • PimPim ✭✭✭ Member Posts: 69 ✭✭✭
    First 2 or 3 races is real opposition then it’s just bots over and over in the 2 events I’ve played today. 
    Same for me, very annoying when the other team bashes our lowest players and I waste races on bots.
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA ✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭
    I tried to count the players playing the club mode and the total are around 300, hundred in each team. We need some more improvements and prizes to attract players to continue playing the club mode or it will collect dust or (bots)

Bug: doesn't increase or decrease from the first race
    and the clubs are dead again
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to count the players playing the club mode and the total are around 300, hundred in each team. We need some more improvements and prizes to attract players to continue playing the club mode or it will collect dust or (bots)
    I sometimes saw full brackets on one side so there's definitely more. not to mention that not everyone is playing at once
  • hillclimberhillclimber ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so many bugs 😫
  • MSteeLMSteeL ✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 897 ✭✭✭✭
    Best new game mode eveeeeeer❤️❤️❤️
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems it's less about high RQ players with diverse garages that can run many multiple hands. It's more about which team has the least newer low RQ players running unsuitable hands running up massive points losses.

I wonder if a viable strategy is to smurf the 1st 10 races and as long as you're not racing bots at the bottom every win is double points. Points for your team and points against opponent team.
  • bobdylanbobdylan ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should scrap the standard win points and make the the actual win score that directly adds or takes from the counter , so massive 2000pts wins are ideal  
    But most of all make it so you can see your wins adding or subtracting from the actual counter 
  • David_FookDavid_Fook ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 26
    bobdylan said:
    They should scrap the standard win points and make the the actual win score that directly adds or takes from the counter , so massive 2000pts wins are ideal  
    But most of all make it so you can see your wins adding or subtracting from the actual counter 
    Not on board with that. There’s already to little influence from being at the top of the leagues. Reducing these wins to 50pts vs 2000 at the bottom is a terrible idea.

Remove bots, add league table weighting and improve prizes, and we might have something worth playing...
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Numerous problems obviously but it has promise. Could see reducing the bracket size down to 50 a side or something might work better, too many events are unbalanced. 
  • DeserTDeserT ✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭
    I hope Hutch can read all the comments and use them as feedback. I actually like the concept of this game mode a lot. It is obviously not working as intended at the moment but the potential is there. 

As priority no1 the allowed number of players entering an event from each team should be fewer, in order to force a better distribution of people in brackets. This comes en par with the Hutch Bots issue. After those are fixed we will have a better idea on how long the fights should last, what should be the rewards based on the effort etc.

In order to maintain the interest of people on the Clubs I think Hutch should focus on releasing minor updates very shortly (maybe weekly or fortnightly) until this is calibrated a bit. 

Another annoying bugs, Daily event (first picture) I can't place any car in the first race so clicked quit match 
  • ljhcjpljhcjp ✭✭✭ Member Posts: 417 ✭✭✭

nel1978 said:
    The day where i m going to sell all my garage and stop playing is very close. Game is getting boring and boring. The only certainty is that you have to spend 100’s of money to be a little bit competitive. No more fun playing.

- I've tried to do this, but I cant bring myself to part with cars I've held for this long.

• bobdylanbobdylan ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭✭✭
    at least the lvl of competition is on the up
  • O__VERO__VER ✭✭✭✭✭ Member Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 26
    For me, the biggest problem I have with this new game mode is not the bugs or the terrible rewards, but how it works. Honestly I think a good idea is there but the implementation is flawed.

Often an event opens (call it Event A) which is pushing into opponent territory and so people on one team see an opportunity to gain ground and join in... but the game mode works in a way that if another event opens (Event B ) which blocks the path into Event A, then members of that team can no longer join.

Then everybody on the opposing team who have a clear path to entry in Event A all pile in because they have seen a guaranteed win and easy $1000 cash with little challenge. I've seen events like this at 150 vs. 2 which is not even remotely competitive, challenging or fun. The poor people that entered before the path became blocked get destroyed and ultimately lose the event with zero chance of turning it around.

On the other side, often this double layer of events means that Event B is no longer enterable by the opposition and so that becomes a one-sided event as well, meaning that we end up in hundreds and hundreds of stalemates and any movement on the map takes forever, sucking any excitement out of it.

Because of this, I think it actually encourages the behaviour mentioned above of just looking for easily exploitable events to make a quick buck.

This game mode could have been good but because of what I believe is a pretty major flaw, I have to say I think it is a waste of time.
  • malsmals ✭✭✭ Member Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
    TimBut said:
    fin prizes might still surprise,  but last 3 days I just join events where only 200-400 points left in opp team, race 1-2 time and get my cash. After that do the same.

But even as a farm - it's super boring. And even some free bucks are not motivating to waste time 
    Yes, its bored by the moment...