General Discussion

The Iconics (Style Icon Event)

LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Member Posts: 846 ✭✭✭✭
Bring up your Austin spirte with you

Comments

• mikesmikes Member Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's definitely a wrestling fan in the Hutch staff.
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Member Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just curious, why is this a style icon?

• greddygreddy Member Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 27
    Maybe it has something with holding world record as a most aerodynamic car ever produced for more than 10 years.

Opel premiered the sleek Calibra at the Frankfurt Motor Show (IAA) in 1989. It was an extremely progressive concept way ahead of its time, with the world-best drag coefficient (Cd 0.26) of all series production cars
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Member Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    greddy said:
    Maybe it has something with holding world record as a most aerodynamic car ever produced for more than 10 years.

Opel premiered the sleek Calibra at the Frankfurt Motor Show (IAA) in 1989. It was an extremely progressive concept way ahead of its time, with the world-best drag coefficient (Cd 0.26) of all series production cars
    Thanks- great info 👍🏻
  • TD42792TD42792 Member Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just curious, why is this a style icon?

wow wow, take it slow bro. this was one of my first cars and I loved everything about it. I will never forget the face of the car dealer on the test drive when I shifted into sixed at the Autobahn and he thought its reverse.
    Must have been an opel then :)
  • pSikpSik Member Posts: 64 ✭✭
    @NinjaDesignz pics 2 & 3 are the same.
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pSik said:
    @NinjaDesignz pics 2 & 3 are the same.
    nope, they only have the same opponent with cars in the same order
  • KarhgathKarhgath Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    Ahhh bummer for the track list - looks like you'll need Range Rover and Defender for some and you can't really get them from a pack - the mixed tracks makes it a bit random as far as hand choices go.
  • RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    greddy said:

Maybe 'innovative' would be a better tag for this impressive fact. I never knew that about the Calibra.

This was my era and imho i never saw it as an iconic car. Sure, it looked decent but iconic is a stretch.

• OzzmanOzzman Member Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is the Defender/RR needed or is STD tyres/4WD perf the way to go?
  • TD42792TD42792 Member Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    So is the Defender/RR needed or is STD tyres/4WD perf the way to go?
    Good rwd Std better than 4wd better than rr, at equal rq, for the rallycross.
  • MoogMoog Member Posts: 322 ✭✭✭
    greddy said:

I remember it being advertised as having the drag coefficient of 0.26, and it's still the only car I know the draf coefficient of :)