General Discussion

Cancelling daily challenge for the team events is a rip-off

andykb3andykb3 Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
IMO replacing the daily event with the team event is nothing more than an attempt to rip-off the players, whilst at the same time making the game much worse.

The daily event offered a decent level of prizes, giving us the chance to build our garage / cash / gold at a reasonable speed whilst also being good fun, since you are playing against other people.   The pathetic prizes on offer in the team event don't offer anything like the scope to develop our garages without spending real cash.

The club events are...well.... rubbish. 

Firstly, the prizes are so small as to be irrelevant.  In order to develop your garage, be prepared to spend real money!

Secondly, more often than not you end up playing most races against bots.  So no prizes and no enjoyment either.  If I want to be bored senseless for precious little reward I can get that at work!

Thirdly, half the time when I've entered an event I have been unable to play.  No idea why since there was apparently plenty of spaces available.

Quite simply, the team events just don't work for me.

However, if they were in addition to the daily challenge, that would be fine.  I get that some people will prefer the team events (and the daily event isn't for everyone) and offering both would cater for a much wider range of people.   I'd probably even play the team events sometimes when I'm really bored (and I mean REALLY bored).  However, now that the the daily event has gone, so has most of my interest in the game. Developing my garage will be a much slower process (unless I hand over big wads of cash)  and I feel ripped off and let down by Hutch (I've been playing for a while now, and have built up a decent garage through regular play and some spend some real money). 

I'll certainly be playing a lot less now that Hutch have reduced the incentive so spectacularly, and I certainly won't be parting with any more of my real life cash. 

I thought Top Drives had a good balance between the ability  to progress at a reasonable pace without spending real money whilst also offering enough incentive to spend some real money if you want (and can afford) to.  Now it's just another "free" game which you have to spend a small fortune on to get anywhere.

Comments

• JackyQuJackyQu Member Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
    This game was fun
  • andykb3andykb3 Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited May 29
    They are 2 different things. The requirements of the events should change - part of the fun of the game is the challenge of developing your garage to cover as many permutations as you can. 

What Hutch have just done fundamentally changes the game, making it nigh on impossible to develop your garage without spending IRL cash and removing an event that kept many of us coming back regularly most days - the daily events were fun and reasonably rewarding. The team event is neither.
    Post edited by andykb3 on
  • avaamondeavaamonde Member Posts: 5
    A mi también me parece absurdo, maxime cuando la mitad de las  veces no puedes participar en los eventos y te obliga a estar atento cada poco rato... Hutch lo estáis consiguiendo, vais a lograr que deje el juego.
  • GustavMartinezGustavMartinez Member Posts: 15
    They just killed the game for 80% of the f2p players. 
    Not just F2P.  I have spent some money on it in the past, but won't now. 
    andykb3 said:
    Not just F2P.  I have spent some money on it in the past, but won't now. 
    There is nothing for me to do in the game now. Cant progress through the challenge because I have no cars, cant open packs because I can't grind money anymore. The game is pretty much ruined for me.
    Would play the club events but they are stupid and not worth the time for such a sh*t prize. 
    Couldn't agree more. 
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Member Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hyperbole. 

We get (for now, might change) half a ceramic less per day but have the ability to play more if We have the time.

i get that people are upset but i think commentators like yours are insanely hyperbolic.
    Hyperbole. 

We get (for now, might change) half a ceramic less per day but have the ability to play more if We have the time.

i get that people are upset but i think commentators like yours are insanely hyperbolic.
    My experience with clubs:
    1. Most of the time i went to play them the battle ended before I could even pick my cars.
    2. The servers are way too lagy
    3. I don't have the time to play them all day, with dailys i could go and play every two and a half hours clear the board and have way much than with this club battles,
    And last there is legit no way to get D or E cars for food without buying packs. And the last one bothers me the most tbh. Bevause I am not going to spend 14k for alumini so i can maybe get 2D cars that I need for my C cars. 
    The whole concept of clubs is cool and all, but i think that dailys should have stayed. 
    Don’t get me wrong, Clubs as it is now is deeplt flawed, but atleast it has the potential to be fun with good tweaks, dailys never had the potential to be fun.

My issues is comments like ”they killed the game”, which is just plain hyperbole.
    Hutch doesn’t want an event that is there only for smurfing, so give them good ways to fix the income discrepancy instead of going full 4 year old who gets told he cant do something.
    Don’t get me wrong, Clubs as it is now is deeplt flawed, but atleast it has the potential to be fun with good tweaks, dailys never had the potential to be fun.

My issues is comments like ”they killed the game”, which is just plain hyperbole.
    If they added the same thing with the board to collect atleast E and D cars would be great. Don't need gold or monry that much but the low rq cars are important to f2p players like me.
    Also I just went to play clubs and I can't enter a single battle. 
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get not giving us unlimited goes at 3* pickings from a prize board. Why not just allow 1 pick per win regardless of score. It's an incentive to play then, if you you can manage to join an event before the 75 cap fills.
    Blue2moro said:
    I get not giving us unlimited goes at 3* pickings from a prize board. Why not just allow 1 pick per win regardless of score. It's an incentive to play then, if you you can manage to join an event before the 75 cap fills.
    Or even 1 pick is fine since there are no tickets.. 
    My team had 1 player and I couldn't join and it was the start of the battle.. 😂
  • lg29lg29 Member Posts: 681 ✭✭✭✭
    How am I gonna smurf without the Daily Events?!
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm top 10 in iconic and Cosmo event and also been unable to even join club events most of the day. I havent even made enough cash to buy a ceramic today. Absolutely horrendous.
  • OzzmanOzzman Member Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My holding pool is empty. :(
    There's no event ending tomorrow. :(
    I'm beginning to forget what it feels like to pull a nice common car. :(
  • GilTrucksGilTrucks Member Posts: 375 ✭✭✭
    The daily event was not good at awards, was not good at requirements, was good for the farm.
    And reportedly, Hutch does not want to farm more in this game.
    I expected more from the clubs, actually the idea of three big clubs never sounded good to me. For the time being, the only thing I'm really picking at as a buoy in a shipwreck is the fact that I advance to veteran and win better prizes. Because I've never felt so unmotivated with topdrives.
  • rkorallerkoralle Member Posts: 624 ✭✭✭
    Its ok for me. No need to smurf, more time for work and family.
    Those one or to events at once i can easily serve before going to bed.
    So progress will just slow down, no more multiple ceramics every day...
  • Chucky230175Chucky230175 Member Posts: 1
    Hutch...What have you done??? I totally get the Clubs idea. And I liked it...Until you removed my chance of winning the odd car from Daily events. My garage is now stagnant. I can't grow/fuse anything.
    I used to love sitting at night on my PCs emulator playing TD but I can't even enter the Club events unless I use my phone as it doesn't work on any emulator or VM.
    Basically, you have killed the game for me Hutch! I don't have several hours free every day to sit and earn cash (Which is the ONLY prize from Club events we can win) to be able to afford any packs
    #bringbackdaily
    edited May 30
    GilTrucks said:

Of course they don't. They want to force us to pay real cash to progress.   This is nothing more than a cynical cash grab. 

All they've done as far as I'm concerned is turn me into a demotivated f2p.

One thing I didn't expect though - my interest in the other events (the 2 or 3 day ones) has also more or less disappeared.   I've done a few races over the last couple of days, but nothing compared to this time last week.

I've also downloaded other games and play them instead of Top Drives. I must admit that didn't think I'd lose interest *that* quickly
    GilTrucks said:

Of course they don't. They want to force us to pay real cash to progress.   This is nothing more than a cash grab 

All they've done as far as I'm concerned is turn me into a demotivated f2p.