General Discussion

Laguna BTCC Qualifiers - Renault (Event)

13»

Comments

• hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MSteeL said:
    So, which Renault to use to not loose on drags by 150 to a Megane.. Hmmmm. Mmm

FYI; if we had the Renault Espace F1 from 1994 it would look like that

• bantel_catbantel_cat Member Posts: 753 ✭✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    Almost exactly mine too. 969 trophy, Trezor, Dezir and 2x city Bs
    Imagine some poor sod without a trophy, hahaha... oh wait...

Renault packs worth it? Would rather save gold. 
  • greddygreddy Member Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    Almost exactly mine too. 969 trophy, Trezor, Dezir and 2x city Bs
    Imagine some poor sod without a trophy, hahaha... oh wait...

Renault packs worth it? Would rather save gold. 
    I am looking at those packs for two days now even though i have one trophy, but i am still missing trezor. Must be strong. 
  • RWareRWare Member Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
    I would honestly wait for just French Renaissance.

You know its going to be Rq19 Clio after Clio if you buy Renault.

Saying that. Theres no Legendary. So I guess in theory does that create a larger percentage for the Epic to drop?
    RWare said:

Saying that. Theres no Legendary. So I guess in theory does that create a larger percentage for the Epic to drop?
    No, drop rate is always the same. 
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Member Posts: 507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    greddy said:
    RWare said:

No, drop rate is always the same. 
    If i remember correctly it was stated some time ago by Hutch that the percentage of the (missing) legendary drop goes into the epic drop rate.
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FR packs also give you a shot at EB110, Miray, Survolt and some more interesting Ultra rares too. 

But the Megane & Trezor are both excellent. Lol, I’m kinda glad I don’t have any gold! 
  • James_PearceJames_Pearce Member Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:
    FR packs also give you a shot at EB110, Miray, Survolt and some more interesting Ultra rares too. 

But the Megane & Trezor are both excellent. Lol, I’m kinda glad I don’t have any gold! 
    The Trevor has the MRA of a geriatric sloth. 
  • ZotZeZotZe Member Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this event  :*
    ZotZe said:
    What are you running? I have a 3rd megane, but the RQ limit kills that 👎
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Member Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:
    ZotZe said:
    What are you running? I have a 3rd megane, but the RQ limit kills that 👎
    You can very successfully run 3 Megane Trophy in a hand
    @TopDrives40778 I think they’d all need to be maxed. RQ limit means your 2 medium cars would always get beaten. 

Although now you’ve tempted me to try it...
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Member Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:
    @TopDrives40778 I think they’d all need to be maxed. RQ limit means your 2 medium cars would always get beaten. 

Although now you’ve tempted me to try it...
    All 3 of your opponents would need to have at least 2 Megane Trophys as well, otherwise you get a huge points from the drags against any other car.  Also, I think a 333 or or certainly a 363 Megane Trophy will beat a 969 or 699 Trezor on Fast Circuit and Hairpin.

2nd through 4th in my bracket are all using the Clio RS16 like me, so I tie or win on one of the City Streets
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Moog we meet again! I'm two places below you, will be avoiding you. I'm running a megane trophy, Trezor, megane 275, clio rs and a dezir. Anyone else in our bracket?

• RWareRWare Member Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
    Can't stay inside Tier 2 with 1 699 Megane Trophy. Nearly everyone around me has 2 or 3.

This car is similar to the Furai. How many can you stack into your hand dictates how well you do
  • MoogMoog Member Posts: 322 ✭✭✭
    @Moog we meet again! I'm two places below you, will be avoiding you. I'm running a megane trophy, Trezor, megane 275, clio rs and a dezir. Anyone else in our bracket?

Great, thanks. Happy to avoid too... we have similar hands by the sound of it, quite a few have double Megane Trophy around us
  • grandvachegrandvache Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RWare said:
    Can't stay inside Tier 2 with 1 699 Megane Trophy. Nearly everyone around me has 2 or 3.

This car is similar to the Furai. How many can you stack into your hand dictates how well you do
    Yup, it’s the French furai.  It won’t dominate QUITE as much as the Mazda because there’s more variety in the French resistance content than the Mazda content and because of the slick tyres (which should in retrospect have gone on the furai too).

We're already at the stage where two are necessary in events where you can run it, sooner or later it’ll be 3. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RWare said:

Same in my bracket. I can push into top 10 with 1 trophy but quickly get beaten down.
  • OzzmanOzzman Member Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2
    Bought a second Renault CF, got another RQ19 Clio. Meanwhile people are running 3 Meganes everywhere. Oh yes, and I have no Furai, no Hellcat either. Every time this happens I get more confident that spending money on this game is the most foolish thing one could do.
    Ozzman said:
    Bought a second Renault CF, got another RQ19 Clio. Meanwhile people are running 3 Meganes everywhere. Oh yes, and I have no Furai, no Hellcat either. Every time this happens I get more confident that spending money on this game is the most foolish thing one could do.
    I opened 15 FR and Renault CFs since update, and my only megane came from random ceramic. 
    In our bracket you could have 3 megane and still not get top 10. They need to be maxed, including a 996 tune. 
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭✭✭
    how fill EU server? i will enter after dinner... no time and so boring lately TD!! :/ and ceramic are all crappy i this period... only C cars!! :/
  • DabigpDabigp Member Posts: 548 ✭✭✭✭
    greddy said:
    Ozzman said:
    I opened 15 FR and Renault CFs since update, and my only megane came from random ceramic. 
    Opened all renault CFs + around 10 french CF so far...0 megane trophy, only about 6 or 7 renault maxis😔
  • TimButTimBut Member Posts: 836 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikes said:
    Ozzman said:
    TD01055 said:

Deja Vu?

The first was bad enough. I do not want another one!! 
    Renault? Great, then no Megane, no join until the last five minutes I guess.
    Rain maybe?
    I still remember Mazda quals, so I believe this one gonna be x4 Megan Trophy x1 dezir 
  • MikethemeatMikethemeat Member Posts: 36
    TD01055 said:
    43MK4 said:
    TD01055 said:
    Track sets anyone?
    You’ll need 2x medium height, and there’s 1/2 drags per set. My 996 Megane will come in handy  :)
    didn't 699 draw or win against 996 on 1/2...?
    It was vs 969 I think
    possibly, but I remember being taken aback by how ridiculous the result was. there might have been a drag where 699 wins or draws against 996
    I don’t think so. I made it 996 for the FR finals and don’t remember drawing or losing. Happy to run some tests for the curious
    996 100% beats 699 on all the drags